Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2011, 20:14   #2956
Team-BHP Support

Did you try going from sbi homepage? The site is little stupid even on a computer. I tried the link it asked ne to start with homepage and the it was working ^^^
Old 5th April 2011, 04:46   #2957
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread !!! Update: iOS 4.3.3 out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
yup, doing that, deal finalized for 450 USD, will get it today (in US I mean), then the wait of coming to India and me using it.

Cant get unlocked phone from US, have to get whatever is available and this one is with OS 4.3, let me see how I can crack it.
I think 4.3 is unlockable using the gevey sim.
Old 5th April 2011, 09:50   #2958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
I think 4.3 is unlockable using the gevey sim.
Let me check whati s gevey sim. Can you explain more about it ?

Got iPhone 4 for 400 USD, the OS is 4.3. the seller said its unlocked, dont know how to verify other than loading a sim.
Old 5th April 2011, 10:28   #2959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Did you try going from sbi homepage? The site is little stupid even on a computer. I tried the link it asked ne to start with homepage and the it was working ^^^
yep, i tried it from www.onlinesbi.com too. still i faced the same issue.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:34   #2960
BHPian

@karthik
I am able to get to the login page from onlinesbi.com

Didnt try logging in, since dont have an account with them. But the link you have earlier mentioned is different from the link I am getting.

I am accessing onlinesbi.com and hit on personal banking. Greeted with do's and dont's and I hit continue to login and I am greeted with the login screen.

The URL reads as follows,

www.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm
Old 5th April 2011, 11:47   #2961
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried the Bangalore City Transit app for IPhone? It covers the Volvo and G services of BMTC. Seems pretty good! Would have been nice to see the scheduled start times also for the routes though.
Old 5th April 2011, 23:41   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
Let me check whati s gevey sim. Can you explain more about it ?

Got iPhone 4 for 400 USD, the OS is 4.3. the seller said its unlocked, dont know how to verify other than loading a sim.
You can search on google about it. check GEVEY sim unlock iPhone 4 iOS 4.0, 4.1, 4.2.1 baseband 1.59, 2.10 ,3.10
Old 6th April 2011, 14:29   #2963
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to some guys, who said, better to get it restored to 4.0 OS and then crack it if no crack available for latest versions.

Will update this thread on future developments for others benefit.
@tanwaramit IMO you cant restore/downgrade the default iOS once you purchase the phone and even if you downgrade the iOS the baseband is not down-gradable. I am also waiting patiently for the unlock solution for my iphone 4. My phone is running on baseband 3.10.1. Only unlock solution as of now is GEVEY Turbo SIM Card. I dont know how reliable that would be. At any given point software unlock is always better than these cheap chinese type solutions like "GEVEY". May be some other guys in the forum can provide us information on the reliability factor of this GEVEY SIM. What i heard is once you unlock using GEVEY you will have lot of network issues - Not sure how far its true?

BTW which baseband is your phone running?
Old 6th April 2011, 14:53   #2964
BHPian

I have a iPhone 3GS bought from the US which I have unlocked using redsn0w and ultrasn0w. The firmware I'm using is 4.2 with 6.15 baseband.

From a few weeks ago, I've been having a problem wherein my cellular data connection (E) disappears after I've been connected to wifi for a long time and I have to restart the phone to get it back. There is no loss of signal bars anytime and wifi works perfectly fine at home and elsewhere.

Any idea how to make the cellular data connection stay put.
Old 6th April 2011, 21:04   #2965
Distinguished - BHPian

I have an IP4 with 4.3.1 & 'upgraded' to Idea 3G yesterday evening.

With 3G switched on and moderate use (normal for me) runs down the battery from 100 to 29% by dinnertime. Compare this with the ~75% that I experienced with 2G at the same time of the evening.

I am aware 3G drains the battery faster..but didn't expect so much of a difference. I might have to resort to switching the '3G' selector switch in Network settings to off in order to preserve battery.

Any other IP4 users experiencing unusually heavy battery drain with 3G?

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 6th April 2011 at 21:06.
Old 6th April 2011, 22:16   #2966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
I have a iPhone 3GS bought from the US which I have unlocked using redsn0w and ultrasn0w. The firmware I'm using is 4.2 with 6.15 baseband.

From a few weeks ago, I've been having a problem wherein my cellular data connection (E) disappears after I've been connected to wifi for a long time and I have to restart the phone to get it back. There is no loss of signal bars anytime and wifi works perfectly fine at home and elsewhere.

Do you have SBSettings installed. I believe this comes up when you install Cydia. You just need to swipe your finger from left to right along the top portion of the screen. With this, you can switch off and switch on Cellular data only without having to restart the whole phone.

Alternatively, you can still go to Settings->General->Network->Cellular data, and switch it OFF and then ON Again.

Try to see if this works... It is not a full solution, but atleast you wont have to restart the whole phone everytime.
Old 6th April 2011, 22:23   #2967
BHPian

Iphone 3GS with 6.15 BB Firmware and GPS functionality.

I think there are several of us who are on the 6.15 BB firmware. I am not sure how many are having a problem with the GPS, but i pretty much lost the GPS with the BB Upgrade.
The internal AGPS still works well, except for inaccuracies - just useless for Turn by Turn directions and such applications which rely on good accuracy.

Anyway the purpose of this post is for those who really miss the GPS, there is a way out. I was able to get an external GPS receiver paired onto the iPhone via a software called RoqyBT4. The whole solution needs you to have a GPS receiver (about 20$ in the US) and the software costs 8 pounds(Add another 10$ USD).

The phone works flawlessly and i am really satisfied!
Old 7th April 2011, 10:11   #2968
BHPian

Quote:

Something similar happens on my factory unlocked iPhone 4 once in a while too. The only difference is that the E connection stays on but no data gets downloaded. When I disable and then enable the Cellular Data switch, things get back to normal.
Old 7th April 2011, 10:42   #2969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Do you have SBSettings installed. I believe this comes up when you install Cydia. You just need to swipe your finger from left to right along the top portion of the screen. With this, you can switch off and switch on Cellular data only without having to restart the whole phone.

Alternatively, you can still go to Settings->General->Network->Cellular data, and switch it OFF and then ON Again.

Try to see if this works... It is not a full solution, but atleast you wont have to restart the whole phone everytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Something similar happens on my factory unlocked iPhone 4 once in a while too. The only difference is that the E connection stays on but no data gets downloaded. When I disable and then enable the Cellular Data switch, things get back to normal.
I tried toggling Cellular data off and on from Settings->General->Network->Cellular data and also tried toggling Airport Mode to On then Off, but the Data Connection (E) doesn't show up untill I restart the phone.

I haven't installed SBSettings yet, do you think I should try that too?
Old 7th April 2011, 13:57   #2970
BHPian

Quote:
I tried toggling Cellular data off and on from Settings->General->Network->Cellular data and also tried toggling Airport Mode to On then Off, but the Data Connection (E) doesn't show up untill I restart the phone.

I haven't installed SBSettings yet, do you think I should try that too?
Are you using an iPhone specific data plan? I use VMC (Vodafone Mobile Connect). I called Vodafone to check if there was an issue from their end to which they said no and were trying to sell me the iPhone specific plan which is a rip off in my opinion.

My feeling is that this issue might be operator and area specific.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 7th April 2011 at 14:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks