Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 16:03   #5551
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I also got my 4S about a month back. I am on ios 6.0.1 and incidentally I also downloaded sygic MMI India a couple of days back.
I am not facing any trouble at all with wi fi or indeed any other issues with 6.0.1.
Just fyi.
+1 to that; 4S, upgraded to 6.0.1 a week after purchase; using wifi and gprs without an issue (touch wood!) so far.
Old 27th November 2012, 19:14   #5552
BHPian

Thanks Shankar and HappyWheels. I guess I will go for that update after all.
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:11   #5553
Senior - BHPian

um.. guys, my iP4 just went dead a while back! last i saw it had 23% battery. i received a call and after that i was browsing some apps on the App Store and then kept it in my pocket when i was having lunch. 30mins later i take it out to make a call and it isn't switching on.

i think that the battery is dead and that it will boot when i put it for charge, but no to avail! i tried connecting to the power outlet and also to the PC using USB; changed the cables too, but the phone isn't booting.

help :'(
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:21   #5554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
um.. guys, my iP4 just went dead a while back! last i saw it had 23% battery. i received a call and after that i was browsing some apps on the App Store and then kept it in my pocket when i was having lunch. 30mins later i take it out to make a call and it isn't switching on.

i think that the battery is dead and that it will boot when i put it for charge, but no to avail! i tried connecting to the power outlet and also to the PC using USB; changed the cables too, but the phone isn't booting.

Did you try a hard boot?
I think power with funct button for 10 seconds, or some such combo.
Connect it to the PC and turn on itunes, see if its visible at all.
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:30   #5555
Senior - BHPian

you guys could have noticed it.
iPhone 5 Unlocked (Contract Free) is released in Apple Store in US before 3 days.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...family/iphone5
My Brother has bought a day before yesterday in US a 16GB Black for $696 including Tax relatively 38K INR.
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:32   #5556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Happened with me also once. I thought the phone was gone. My wife searched on the internet and found the hard boot thing. Tried it and it worked.

You have to hold the Power + Home button simultaneuosly for 10 secs.
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:41   #5557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Did you try a hard boot?
I think power with funct button for 10 seconds, or some such combo.
Connect it to the PC and turn on itunes, see if its visible at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Happened with me also once. I thought the phone was gone. My wife searched on the internet and found the hard boot thing. Tried it and it worked.

You have to hold the Power + Home button simultaneuosly for 10 secs.
thanks guys! phew, that was a close call. hadn't backed up!

almost thought i lost the phone
Old 3rd December 2012, 20:16   #5558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
you guys could have noticed it.
iPhone 5 Unlocked (Contract Free) is released in Apple Store in US before 3 days.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...family/iphone5
My Brother has bought a day before yesterday in US a 16GB Black for $696 including Tax relatively 38K INR.
It has been available in Apple stores in US for close to a month now. I got my friend to bring a 4S for me around 3 weeks ago. He confirmed to me that the unlocked 5 was also on sale before buying mine. I got my 4S 16GB for $598 including taxes.
Old 3rd December 2012, 20:25   #5559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc

It has been available in Apple stores in US for close to a month now. I got my friend to bring a 4S for me around 3 weeks ago. He confirmed to me that the unlocked 5 was also on sale before buying mine. I got my 4S 16GB for $598 including taxes.
Nope, we had been checking the site since iPhone5 launch in Apple Store. Last week only they opened selling Contract Free iPhone5. I am very much sure.
Till last week Wednesday, the contract free iPhone5 is not listed in Apple Store.
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:43   #5560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc

Nope, factory unlocked iPhone 5 was not available in USA till last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik
Nope, we had been checking the site since iPhone5 launch in Apple Store. Last week only they opened selling Contract Free iPhone5. I am very much sure.
Till last week Wednesday, the contract free iPhone5 is not listed in Apple Store.
+1. They just started selling it last week and is pretty much available off the shelf right now.
Old 4th December 2012, 10:44   #5561
BHPian

Yesterday I tried connecting my iPhone 5 with ICE in my City. The iPhone and Stereo both displayed the message as incompatible device. Do I have to buy some accessory or has Honda released any update to the firmware of the system?
Old 4th December 2012, 10:50   #5562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly
Yesterday I tried connecting my iPhone 5 with ICE in my City. The iPhone and Stereo both displayed the message as incompatible device. Do I have to buy some accessory or has Honda released any update to the firmware of the system?
Tough luck. I suppose that City's ICE recognizes iPods/iPhones with old 30 pin connection. Only options seems to be an upgrade of ICE to a non-OEM, iPhone 5 compatible one. If you are in no mood to change it, go for an aux cable and connect your phone to auxiliary port, though this is a very poor alternative.
Old 4th December 2012, 11:15   #5563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran

Tough luck. I suppose that City's ICE recognizes iPods/iPhones with old 30 pin connection. Only options seems to be an upgrade of ICE to a non-OEM, iPhone 5 compatible one. If you are in no mood to change it, go for an aux cable and connect your phone to auxiliary port, though this is a very poor alternative.
Is it really dependent on connector? If so try if a convertor (lightning to old 30 pin connector) would do the trick.
Old 4th December 2012, 11:19   #5564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506

Is it really dependent on connector? If so try if a convertor (lightning to old 30 pin connector) would do the trick.
Converter may not really work. I had read somewhere that the new connector sends only digital signals, unlike the old one. The converter will not be able to render the input as required by ICE system.
Old 4th December 2012, 11:47   #5565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
... new connector sends only digital signals, ...
Even the old connector sent digital signals only via USB for remote playback. The phone just reads the audio file and forwards the undecoded bytes (audio files are encoded to mp3, FLAC / AAC etc.) to the output line that goes to USB. HU decodes the bytes to PCM, which is sent to the DAC of the HU. USB storage connected to USB does the same, but the iPhone has a specific protocol for file search - caters to searching on criteria like Album, Artist, Playlist, etc.

The old connector had analog R+L also, which was connected to RCA out of some old docks which one could connect to amps.

The problem is 'handshake' between the phone and the HU when the phone is connected. Will take some time for HU manufacturers to update firmware to accept the 5. Meanwhile, one can always interface via BT if the HU has it, and stream music from the phone - much better than using an FM transmitter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks