Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2020, 16:51   #12856
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Finally after clearing 2 other customers he took my phone inside and came back in 1 min saying that if they change the battery before it dips below 80%, it will get a restarting issue. And he cautioned me against getting it done outside. He also said the reply will be standard even at a different ASS.
With the plethora of options across every metro city, why are you focusing on one single guy's viewpoint? Go to a different outlet and just ask them to replace the battery on paid option basis (no reference to past conversations).

Even in the unlikely scenario that other Apple authorized service workshops refuse to do your work, look at stores other than those - battery replacement is the easiest of tasks and a mobile repair shops with a good array of recent positive reviews (on Apple products repair) online should be good enough to handle your need.
Old 18th August 2020, 17:27   #12857
Senior - BHPian

NEED HELP

I have 02 iPhones - a 6S and a 7. Both phones are logged in through different Apple ids. However, whenever there is a Face Time call on either of the phones, the other phone rings as well. I can answer the call on either of the phones. Why is this happening?
Old 18th August 2020, 18:07   #12858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I have 02 iPhones - a 6S and a 7. Both phones are logged in through different Apple ids. However, whenever there is a Face Time call on either of the phones, the other phone rings as well. I can answer the call on either of the phones. Why is this happening?
Have you registered both numbers in one of the accounts?
Old 18th August 2020, 18:10   #12859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NEED HELP

Try this.

Settings>phone>calls on other devices and turn off.

Hope it works.
Old 18th August 2020, 18:23   #12860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Have you registered both numbers in one of the accounts?
The 6S was being used by my wife and has her Apple Id and my office mobile number on it. She has moved to Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Try this.

Settings>phone>calls on other devices and turn off.

Hope it works.
So I was directed to this during my search on Google but there is no option like this on the 7 and this option is 'Switched Off' on the 6S. It still happens for some unknown reason.
Old 18th August 2020, 18:52   #12861
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
However, whenever there is a Face Time call on either of the phones, the other phone rings as well. I can answer the call on either of the phones. Why is this happening?
Go to Settings -> FaceTime; check what numbers/emails you have listed under "You can be reached by FaceTime at".
Old 18th August 2020, 18:59   #12862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Go to Settings -> FaceTime; check what numbers/emails you have listed under "You can be reached by FaceTime at".
Done that as well, they are different on both phones.
Old 18th August 2020, 19:06   #12863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Can you try without the data turned on.
Too much trouble as WhatsApp needs to be on all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
they quoted me Rs. 2900 so how come it is more than 5K for yours.
I feel that it's too expensive too. However during the lockdown I'd mailed another ASS and they also quoted around Rs. 6000/-. Also they need the device with them for 4-5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
With the plethora of options across every metro city,
I've been advised that local mobile repair shops are not really competent to service Apple products. Plus they are not exactly cheap and charge Rs. 2500-3000/-.

Guess I should try in another ASS or maybe in Tamil Nadu when I visit there. For now, a power bank is always with me so I manage.
Old 18th August 2020, 19:26   #12864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revverend View Post
You will be able to find the deleted photos in the "Recently deleted" album. Go to photos ->Click on album at the bottom ->Scroll to the end of the page -> Under other albums -> Recently deleted.

Photos are stored here for typically held for 30 days. It will show on the photo thumbnail how many days are left before it is permanently deleted. Hope this helps!

Revverend
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

Perfect!I really wonder how I forgot about this deleted folder. SMH!!
Oh.. Common Guys. I need more than this.

Ok, so let me explain the situation. Went out on a photo shoot of my Gypsy. And took tons of photos. Once back home, air dropped whatever was good and deleted (Read: Cleared the memory) the rest. Now, I want a couple of photos that got deleted. Well, some details in it.

Its not there in cloud, its not there in HDD. I'm asking about any data recovery options for the iPhone.
Old 18th August 2020, 19:39   #12865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
So what do I do? iPhone is no good when things go wrong. Please don't ask my to upgrade as I don't have 1 Lakh lying around. And I'm really not comfortable with going for a bigger phone, 4.7" screen seems to be big enough. Or I might look at the Nokia Banana phone.
You have two options:
a) Get Apple support to run remote test - https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller...mptom_id=23306

b) I had my iPhone7 battery changed, no questions asked, from ifixindia.in (have Indiranagar and Domlur locations). The service guy came home and did the battery change in less than 20 min and charged 2500 IIRC.
Old 18th August 2020, 20:17   #12866
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Oh.. Common Guys. I need more than this. Its not there in cloud, its not there in HDD. I'm asking about any data recovery options for the iPhone.
There is a paid software that helps out..so they claim https://www.copytrans.net/support/ho...s-from-iphone/
Old 18th August 2020, 20:18   #12867
Distinguished - BHPian

I have an iphone6 running on 12.4.8 which I'm using for my office mails. Suddenly one day in June, it stopped recognising SIM card.

The iPhone Thread-20200818_201237.jpg

Initially I restarted, nothing happened. The same SIM works well in other phones so it's not a SIM issue. When the problem occurred it was running the older version OS. even after update it's not solved. I'm currently using it on Wifi as I'll anyway be not going outside till some days. Even If I do I can work woth the hotspot of my other phone.

From the usage perspective nothing has really affected. If I can solve it myself I'd do that. If I can't I'll go to the service center. Because of the pandemic situation I've avoided going to the service station.

So trying my luck here if anyone can help.
Old 18th August 2020, 20:30   #12868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I have an iphone6 running on 12.4.8 which I'm using for my office mails. Suddenly one day in June, it stopped recognising SIM card.

First try to reset the network settings and see if it fixes. If not then backup phone and reset everything and setup as new and see if it works.
Also did you try someone else's SIM card preferably of different operator and see if that works?
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 21:23   #12869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also did you try someone else's SIM card preferably of different operator and see if that works?
Had not tried this. I just put the problematic SIM (Airtel) in another phone and checked. Now, took my mother's phone running a Vodafone connection and swapped the SIMs. Airtel is working on that phone and Vodafone is working on my iPhone! Then took my other phone with Airtel connection. Both worked well.
When I revert Back the issue returns back. So the phone is not recognising that one particular SIM. The same SIM works fine in other phones and this phone recognises other SIMs. All the SIMs are new 4G SIMs and were not removed and more than 2 times before today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
First try to reset the network settings and see if it fixes. If not then backup phone and reset everything and setup as new and see if it works.
Reset the Network settings and it solved the issue! Thanks a ton!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 12:56   #12870
BHPian

My wife's iphone 6s has stopped connecting to wifi after updating to 13.6.1. I get an error saying "Incorrect password". I tried connecting to my main router, the repeater, my wifi hotspot, and even created a new hotspot in another spare phone. Everything gets the same error. I tried forgetting the network, network settings reset and a general settings reset. Only full phone reset left to try.

Any ideas?

Last edited by civic-sense : 22nd August 2020 at 12:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks