Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2021, 12:17   #13606
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Got to appreciate the fact that the iPhone has a better Bluetooth system (or chip, whatever you’d want to call that).

When connected to the Echo dot for music playback, I get complete coverage in my small apartment. My previous device the Mi A2 used to stutter if I moved to the bedroom.

I can also access the entire song library through Bluetooth on my car’s RCD 340 system. The MI A2 couldn’t. It takes a few seconds to access the library and displays the whole list. Was quite surprised at this.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:27   #13607
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I'm not able to figure out the best way to move my Whatsapp chat to iPhone till now. Any suggestions or help will be highly appreciated.
If there's a phone shop in your area which sells both android and Iphone go there and have a word. Even the repair shops may be able to help out.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 17:41   #13608
Distinguished - BHPian

We have got a situation where my dad is trying to use my desktop and iTunes to move some songs into his iPhone, which was unsuccessful and the phone would not sync with iTunes even though it was recognised and accessible through the desktop. The end result was that my phone in Germany got all the songs he was trying to add to his phone sitting in Bangalore. Not sure from when iTunes got so complicated and to whether boast or rant about this arrangement.

He did try to log out of my apple id in iTunes and login to his. But whatever he tried to sync landed in my phone in no time, whereas he couldnt add a single file to his own phone. So today I have instructed him to uninstall iTunes on my desktop and reinstall with his apple ID. I hope it works else I have to book a flight back to Bangalore and help him out before he throws away the phone.

Any pointers in this regard would be appreciated guys. And could you help me out with some ways to remote access my PC and help him out? I am thinking of Skype or Teamviewer, but looks like Teamviewer cant remote connect my iPad to desktop for some unknown reasons.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 23:54   #13609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
If there's a phone shop in your area which sells both android and Iphone go there and have a word. Even the repair shops may be able to help out.
I too am moving to an iPhone from an Android device. Here's a link to the article that talks about various ways to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iOS.

Quoting from it about the best possible option:

Quote:
One of the most reliable solutions that we have found to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iOS is with the help of an application named “dr.fone – WhatsApp transfer”. It is available for both Windows and MacOS.
BackInTheFold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 15:42   #13610
BHPian

How good or bad is the battery life on the iPhone SE. It's the only iphone within my budget (thinking of switching from android) and I like its compact size. The issue is most reviews say the battery wont even last till the evening with heavy usage. In your real world experience, if the phone is charged at 100 percent at 8am, how many hours of SOT does it give on a full charge.
Old 16th April 2021, 20:33   #13611
Senior - BHPian

Guys, has anyone here tried ordering from Nomad.com? They seem to have very good quality leather cases for Apple products but they ship from US.
Old 16th April 2021, 21:49   #13612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
How good or bad is the battery life on the iPhone SE. It's the only iphone within my budget (thinking of switching from android) and I like its compact size. The issue is most reviews say the battery wont even last till the evening with heavy usage. In your real world experience, if the phone is charged at 100 percent at 8am, how many hours of SOT does it give on a full charge.
I am using an iPhone SE for the past 5 months. I don’t use it for any gaming or serious reading. Mostly for calls of about 30 min to 1 hour a day, checking WhatsApp and replying, and some quick references on the internet or stored e-books. Average screen on time for me is about 2 hours in a day altogether. With that kind of usage my battery goes from 100% at 8.30 am to about 25-35% by 10 pm.
Night Raven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 22:11   #13613
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I have an iPhone 11 Pro bought around Dec 2019 has been drastically decreased in battery health. it's right now in 82% with in 1.5 years.
I have been using RAEGR wireless charger most of the time and cable in the car.
anyone has faced the same issue so far. not sure whether my charging pattern is wrong or wireless charger has done adverse effect on battery.
I always keep the Optimized Battery Charging ON only.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 22:13   #13614
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reviews are correct. I gifted my mom the 2020 SE, she uses the phone a lot, YouTube, WhatsApp & games. So by the evening 6pm phone has to charged as it goes down to 20-25%. If you’reakso a heavy user moving from a powerful batteri-ed android phone, chances are you might regret. I, on the other hand got myself an iPhone 11 few months ago and am loving the battery on it. Admittedly, I’m not a power user and am very conservative with the battery, low screen brightness etc due to which I need to charge the phone only once every two days.

Cheers
Old 16th April 2021, 22:30   #13615
Senior - BHPian

My wife gifted me an iPhone 12 pro and Apple Airpods pro on my birthday! That was one huge gift and really blew me away pleasantly on my birthday morning! I would call the shift from Android to iOS as a paradigm shift. I am loving every bit of both especially the Airpods. The shift from Android to iOS took me almost a week and to get a hang of the iPhone another week; but now that I am over the initial phase I am simply loving it.

I too faced the problem of getting WhatsApp chats over in the iPhone, but then later on decided to just clear up all the chats in Android and only came over to WhatsApp on iOS with a clean slate. It was much easier that way.

I have also used it quite a lot for photography. The problem is that the iCloud storage is a measly 5GB, so I am sure that in the next few weeks I will have to purchase additional storage. The other thing is that I have a Google One account, so is there any way I can link and have the phone upload photos and my documents to the 100GB on the Google storage? With Android it was easy, but I am yet to find a "truly" seamless way of getting the Google storage linked with iOS and have it transfer everything to that.
Old 16th April 2021, 22:54   #13616
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
I have also used it quite a lot for photography. The problem is that the iCloud storage is a measly 5GB, so I am sure that in the next few weeks I will have to purchase additional storage. The other thing is that I have a Google One account, so is there any way I can link and have the phone upload photos and my documents to the 100GB on the Google storage? With Android it was easy, but I am yet to find a "truly" seamless way of getting the Google storage linked with iOS and have it transfer everything to that.
Download Google 1 and Google photos in iPhone. Disable icloud photos sync. Give google access to all iPhone photos. All pics will sync to google photos.

If you don't disable icloud photos sync you will use up the 5GB and have duplicate pics on google and apple photos icloud.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 06:28   #13617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Average screen on time for me is about 2 hours in a day altogether. With that kind of usage my battery goes from 100% at 8.30 am to about 25-35% by 10 pm.
My usage is around 3 to 4 hours of SOT with browsing the net, Reddit, some YouTube. I don’t think the SE will last till evening then. I’m spoiled by the 7 hours of SOT my android phone brings.
Old 17th April 2021, 08:04   #13618
BHPian

Quote:
My usage is around 3 to 4 hours of SOT with browsing the net, Reddit, some YouTube. I don’t think the SE will last till evening then. I’m spoiled by the 7 hours of SOT my android phone brings.
If it is going to be your only device that you will be using for practically everything, I don’t think the iPhone SE will be any good. The battery backup is no match for even some of the entry level androids. I am ok with it because I use my iPad or android tablet for most purposes that require significant screen time.
Night Raven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 08:50   #13619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
I would call the shift from Android to iOS as a paradigm shift. I am loving every bit of both .
I did the shift 3+ years ago, and find the iPhone good for my usage. Compact, good photos, and stable. These were the 3 factors I had used to get it - and to some extent, a compact Sony was no longer available. I miss only one thing from the android ecosystem - being able to transfer photos and files over Bluetooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Download Google 1 and Google photos in iPhone. Disable icloud photos sync. Give google access to all iPhone photos. All pics will sync to google photos.
Viddy, Thanks for this ! I have been struggling a bit with my photo storage on the phone.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 10:21   #13620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
If it is going to be your only device that you will be using for practically everything, I don’t think the iPhone SE will be any good. I am ok with it because I use my iPad or android tablet for most purposes that require significant screen time.
I also use an ipad for the majority of my video consumption. For WFH battery life is not really an issue since a charger is nearby. Apprently the SE gets 4 hours of SOT according to reviews. My main worry is if i go out for the day i don't necessarily want to worry about charge, esp if I'm using the phone for navigation, calls, reddit etc.

The main appeal of the phone, apart from ios is the compact size. I want something that can fit easily in slim jeans without it being uncomfortable.

Last edited by avi550m : 17th April 2021 at 10:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks