Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2021, 13:45   #13546
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Yes Roaming is On. Also Mobile Data I am using LTE mode.
Whats your setting under voice and data? 4G?
Old 11th February 2021, 17:31   #13547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Whats your setting under voice and data? 4G?
There is 2G 3G and LTE options under Voice and Data settings. I have selected LTE.
Old 11th February 2021, 21:09   #13548
Distinguished - BHPian

While on the topic of battery health, why dont we share some basic details of how our iPhone is behaving?

Model : iPhone 12 Promax (3-months old)
Battery Health : 100%

Battery Performance

100%-20% ( 26 Hours) : If I use the phone heavily like WA, Teams, Phone Calls, IG, FB, Signal etc

100%-20% (38 Hours) : I still use all apps, phone calls but, the usage is much lower comparatively. This is the longest I got and think it's simply phenomenal battery life

Charger : I use a Anker 20W fast charger and have "Never" charged the phone overnight ever in my lifetime

Charging Style/Cycle : I always wait for % drop to 20% and only when the battery indicator turns red, i plug it in for recharging it back to 100%

Would love to hear similar experiences from other iPhone users on this thread

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th February 2021 at 21:10.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 09:49   #13549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Yes, the secondary sim is in the form of an 'e-sim'. It's not a physical sim, but a small card that's already inside your iPhone. All major carriers like Jio, Airtel, Vi now offer e sim facilities but you'll have to visit their centers for activation.
Actually, for airtel this can be done by visiting their website. Is a fairly simple process, but does have multiple steps. Starts by sending a SMS service request and involves scanning a QR sent by email on the phone which you would need the esim set up on, and hence would be useful to have another device which can access email. But definitely no store visits required. Process completed in around 4 hours (including activation of the esim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
3. As far as I know, the only difference between a regular sim and e-sim is the fact that an e-sim is built into the phone so it cannot be switched between devices, it is specific to one device only. I do not know of any performance differences.
In most cases, no performance differences, but most of the wallet apps will not work in the begining and may need a bit of resetup. The HDFC bank application still tells me that there is no sim in the phone. This is due to the way the apps are coded and no easy fix for this. The other thing i've heard people say is that a factory reset of the phone will land you in trouble. Especially if you are outside the country when it happens etc. Apparantly it is wise to keep the old sim with you, since that reference number is needed to restore the esim. Hence there are disadvantages actually.

That being said, I have moved to esim
Merril is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 11:01   #13550
BHPian

Hello BHPians
I am facing an issue with my iPhone 11. Whenever I call any customer care and I am asked to choose IVR options nothing happens. When pressing 1,2 as per instructions the choice is not recognised. And it is happening with all CC’s.
Please help.
Old 18th February 2021, 11:38   #13551
BHPian

Re: 'FM Radio' app?

My sister was used to built-in 'FM Radio' on Android.
So what are the decent 'FM Radio' apps on iPhone which work without internet?

Please advise!
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 12:16   #13552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

Please advise!
I don’t think the iPhone has a FM Radio Receiving chip, that’s why it doesn’t have the built in app.

You can get her something like this- https://www.amazon.in/Shopo-L-SS3-Po...=1&ext_vrnc=hi at just ₹599, or better yet, a dumbphone with FM Radio, because having one is necessary today, when everybody is forcing apps onto you (read: No Highway Saathi app, No entry on Yamuna Expressway)
EightSix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 12:18   #13553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

Please advise!
iPhones do not have a built in FM receiver/ tuner. So unfortunately, the only way is to use an internet connection with an FM app.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 14:15   #13554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
The HDFC bank application still tells me that there is no sim in the phone. This is due to the way the apps are coded and no easy fix for this.
Damn, I had to do a UPI from HDFC Bank app and 'no sim found' came up. I will eventually go back to a physical sim, I guess.
Old 18th February 2021, 15:58   #13555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Damn, I had to do a UPI from HDFC Bank app and 'no sim found' came up. I will eventually go back to a physical sim, I guess.
So this problem logically makes the iPhone a single SIM device, as one isn’t able to use the secondary SIM to the full potential.
Old 18th February 2021, 16:05   #13556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
So this problem logically makes the iPhone a single SIM device, as one isn’t able to use the secondary SIM to the full potential.
Well, your Bank registered number has to be on a physical sim. Other can be an esim.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 13:58   #13557
BHPian

Quote:
I mean if NPCI and UPI are living in stone ages, who to blame. Anyway, I'm not sure why Apple is even allowing apps to check if there is a SIM available in the device or not. That just sounds like another way to fingerprint your device.
Old 20th February 2021, 22:50   #13558
BHPian

Quote:
Well, your Bank registered number has to be on a physical sim. Other can be an esim.
Well, I am using ESim for my bank registered personal number and physical sim for official purposes in my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Switch off your physical sim from settings and try to get the device registered first time for UPI with your esim. Once registered, you can use both sims normally without any issues.
Old 20th February 2021, 23:37   #13559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No such issues for me in my iPhone 11 Pro. my personal no is used for banking purpose and it's Airtel eSIM only. Been using it since Nov 2019 without much fuss.
Old 21st February 2021, 03:44   #13560
Senior - BHPian

Among SE 2020, 11, 12 mini & XR which one do you guys feel is a vfm phone? I know apple and vfm don’t go in a single sentence but still if one has to choose among these which one is the best value currently?

This would be for better half upgrading from iPhone 6. I don’t want to stretch beyond 50k and iPhone 11 at 51.9k(Amazon) is what I was eyeing but if 12 mini is really worth the extra 15k(available for 66.9k in Amazon) over 11, might pick it up. Looking forward to suggestions. TIA

Last edited by SoumenD : 21st February 2021 at 03:54.

Most Viewed