Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2021, 19:20   #13666
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Was wondering what this message meant? In my case before and after the update, the battery stands at 96%. Any pointers will help.
As per Apple, some models of iPhone 11 might have had issues with battery health calibration for some users which this update seems to have fixed.
Old 20th May 2021, 20:11   #13667
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Was wondering what this message meant? In my case before and after the update, the battery stands at 96%. Any pointers will help.
Same with my 11 Pro, updated to the OS on date of release and till date it is calibrating and mine is at 89%. With WFH have never fully discharged it, let me try that tomorrow and see if it helps speed up the process.
Old 20th May 2021, 20:17   #13668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Same with my 11 Pro, updated to the OS on date of release and till date it is calibrating and mine is at 89%. With WFH have never fully discharged it, let me try that tomorrow and see if it helps speed up the process.
Well discharging is something I am not able to do due to reasons known to all who are WFH! However if that could help, will let it happen. This may throw some light on the topic - https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT212247

Last edited by sumathindra : 20th May 2021 at 20:18. Reason: edits
Old 20th May 2021, 21:15   #13669
Distinguished - BHPian

Since we are talking about battery health. Let me also chip in with my experience

Today, I have completed exactly 6 months of my iPhone 12 Promax ownership and I still have a 100% battery health and best part is i am getting fantastic battery life per charge

It ranges from anywhere from 24 hours (Heavy usage) to 30 Hours (Moderate Usage) to 37 hours (Light usage) for a single charge of cycle. This is simply phenomenal as I never thought modern day phones with better screens and multi-tasking (phone, teams, social media etc) will last this long

My simple practice is to wait till battery % drops to 20% or lower and then charge it back to 100%. This trick worked not just to get good health (100%) but, also the per cycle also lasts me much longer

Btw, I am on the latest OS version
Old 20th May 2021, 21:29   #13670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Looks like Apple is manipulating the battery capacity in the latest 14.5.1 update. My iPhone 11 battery’s maximum capacity was reported as 95% before the update. Now it has jumped to 99%.

Attachment 2157896

Feels good regardless.
In my case the latest update somehow messed up the battery of my 8 plus. It was a 14 month old phone and the battery health was at 93%. The battery would last me a typical day without any anxiety of phone going dead and even by bedtime it would be close to 20%. On days of extreme use, I could still finish the day at around 5-10% of battery left. However after the 14.5 update, it got worse within a week and battery health dropped to 87%. Initially I didnt check the health after update, but I started realising that the battery would reach to 20% by evening, and I had to charge it for further use towards the night.

Tried to check if there was anything unusual going on and didnt find anything. With this sort of battery drain, I wasnt comfortable and hence headed to the apple store here in Germany and was told that a new battery would cost 55EUR. Since they had stock I handed over my phone and got it replaced immediately. Now the battery life is back to normal, and even during bedtime it would hardly reach 20%. I felt the battery replacement was pretty VFM and since I do not have any plans of changing the phone for now, I am relieved for at least the end of this year.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 22:22   #13671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Update: Completed 6.5 months with the new battery and health reduced to 93%. I noticed it stayed at 100% for pretty long (maybe 4months+) but last month sometime it was 96% and today it showed another 3% less. So I guess the wear will be quicker now. Never the less really impressed with the performance of 6s. Updated to 14.5.1. SOT weekly average is ~4hours.
Same is the case with the new battery in my iPhone 7. As I had reported earlier, the battery health dropped by 2-3% every 1.5 months & is finally stuck at 93%. I think it’s been almost 3 months now that it hasn’t degraded beyond 93%.

Having said that, the phone doesn’t hold charge very efficiently & drops from 100% charge at 8am to nearly 20-25% by evening around 5pm. Moreover, this isn’t my primary phone anymore & the overall SOT during the full day’s usage is never beyond 1.5 hrs!!

The ONLY change that has happened in the last 3 months i.e. when it became my secondary phone is that I switched the network from Airtel to Vi. And as everyone probably knows, Vi sucks big time! So I am guessing that the poor network signal might be one of the major cause for the fast battery drain inspite of the heath being @ 93%.

On a side note, is it really worth upgrading to iOS 14.5.1? Coz I heard the latest update isn’t doing any good on even the 12 series; let alone a 4 year old iPhone!
Old 20th May 2021, 22:50   #13672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Anyone here using the iPhone SE 2020 with dual sim? Is there any significant change in battery backup when used with dual sim? I am presently using mine with only the physical sim. Thinking of getting the e-sim activated so that I don’t need to carry a second device for my alternate number. Just wondering if the already not so good battery back up will get even worse with two connections.
Replying to my own question: I went ahead and activated my Reliance Jio E-sim. Now using the phone with Bsnl sim as primary and Jio E-sim for mobile data. Haven’t noticed any significant change in battery back up. Goes from 100% to around 20% in about 12-13 hours with moderate usage.
Also, I haven’t noticed any change in battery health or back up after updating to 14.5.1 version.

Last edited by Night Raven : 20th May 2021 at 22:52.
Old 21st May 2021, 13:33   #13673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Since we are talking about battery health. Let me also chip in with my experience
The 12 Pro Max is easily the best battery life I’ve ever experienced in a phone. Easily lasts me 2 entire days. Mine’s 5 months old now and is also still at 100% battery health. I’ve read online that it would reduce quite a bit faster though once it reaches 98%.

I charge my phone every alternate day to around 95% as well, and use my 10W iPad charger instead of the 20W that I had bought as well, since I’m in no hurry to go anywhere thanks to lockdown.
TheDarkKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 14:54   #13674
BHPian

Guys need a quick help. When placing an order for a iPhone i came across two retailer sites https://www.theimaginestore.com/ and https://imagineonline.store/. Any idea which one is genuine or are they both genuine. Please confirm.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 14:56   #13675
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Guys need a quick help. When placing an order for a iPhone i came across two retailer sites https://www.theimaginestore.com/ and https://imagineonline.store/. Any idea which one is genuine or are they both genuine. Please confirm.
Neither. I believe it is this:

https://shop.unicornstore.in/
Old 21st May 2021, 15:33   #13676
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I ordered my phone from Apple’s official store - https://www.apple.com/in/shop/buy-ip...lay-64gb-black
Old 21st May 2021, 16:00   #13677
BHPian

Quote:
Guys need a quick help. When placing an order for a iPhone i came across two retailer sites .
Imagine is an authorised reseller of Apple in North India with plenty of Apple stores. You can trust the website else order from Apple India official website.
Old 21st May 2021, 17:22   #13678
BHPian

I dropped my iPhone 12 while it was charging two weeks ago. Been using it like this since then. Have applied cello tape over the cracks to avoid any injuries and also using it with a case. Is it ok to use it like this for another 1 month , as service Center is closed due to lockdown? Have Airtel insurance for the iPhone. Planning to claim it once lockdown is over. No issues with camera or anything else. Also display is not broken.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-55bd620411834b9fa4204c1661819f94.jpeg  

Old 21st May 2021, 20:50   #13679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I dropped my iPhone 12 while it was charging two weeks ago. Been using it like this since then. Have applied cello tape over the cracks to avoid any injuries and also using it with a case. Is it ok to use it like this for another 1 month , as service Center is closed due to lockdown? Have Airtel insurance for the iPhone. Planning to claim it once lockdown is over. No issues with camera or anything else. Also display is not broken.
Ditto happened with my XR. Have slapped an opaque leather case and been using it since last June. It’s an expensive affair to get this fixed and even if you do it will never be the same again. So I have internalized the pain and have gotten used to it. I would suggest, you do the same if it works for you.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 21:16   #13680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Ditto happened with my XR. Have slapped an opaque leather case and been using it since last June. It’s an expensive affair to get this fixed and even if you do it will never be the same again. So I have internalized the pain and have gotten used to it. I would suggest, you do the same if it works for you.
I understand the pain!! Is it Ok to use it with case or a skin can be applied and used for a longer duration, say an year or so?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks