Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2020, 15:50   #13021
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Hello bhpians, I am planning to buy iPhone 11 128GB. I have two options-
Apple Store - 60k with free Airpods,
Or
Amazon - 54k (no airpods)

Any suggestions if I should pay 6k extra and get those pills for my ear. I know their sound quality isn't that great but what about usability, call quality, convenience etc? Will they last more than an year of usage (battery wise)?

Thanks in advance!
Old 16th October 2020, 16:45   #13022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
With a minute but visible scratch at the bottom, I am reluctant to deal with Apple exchange, as there seems to be no option to cancel the transaction, incase exchange is disapproved.
From all i could gather on reading Apples T&C of exchange, i doubt they be as finicky as ECOM guys and will also offer much better trade in value compared to them. Only flip side of OLXing the stuff is you might find a better buyer. To put your query to rest, why dont you reach out to apple's customer support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj08 View Post
ny suggestions if I should pay 6k extra and get those pills for my ear. I know their sound quality isn't that great but what about usability, call quality, convenience etc? Will they last more than an year of usage (battery wise)?
Apple store is a no brainer if the prices are as advised above by you. You will end up saving a cool 4 K on airpods (Without wireless charging case). In my case, my pair has survived entire year and then some. Key is to not let them be thrown on the floor or banged against hard stuff (whether they are in the case or out of it). Clean them of dirt / oil and moisture before placing back inside the case for charging and that is it.
The convenience is unmatched and call quality is also great, helps in countering wind noise too to a large extant. Only downside is - another gadget to buy a case for and to charge.

Last edited by roamer012 : 16th October 2020 at 16:46.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 18:26   #13023
BHPian

Quote:
Or

Any suggestions if I should pay 6k extra and get those pills for my ear. I know their sound quality isn't that great but what about usability, call quality, convenience etc? Will they last more than an year of usage (battery wise)?

Thanks in advance!
Highly recommend to use the offer and pickup AirPods. Usability is great if you are in the apple ecosystem. Seamlessly connects to my iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch. Use it during my morning walks paired to the Apple Watch and during the day for my calls on iPhone and in the evenings paired to my iPad for watching Hotstar/ YouTube etc. Sound/ call quality is decent enough for me but then I am no audiophile. It has been a year of heavy usage and still going strong with no problems.
Ross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 19:31   #13024
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure about this offer? I was at Imagine, (Apple Store) an hour back, and they told me the airpods are given away with the iPhone11-Pro model only. This will be announced tomorrow (God knows, what time!). There is just no info on any Apple channel
Quote:
Hello bhpians, I am planning to buy iPhone 11 128GB.

Last edited by Sebring : 16th October 2020 at 19:42.
Old 16th October 2020, 19:39   #13025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Are you sure about this offer?
This is up on Apple's website.

You can check this link -
https://www.apple.com/in/shop
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-apple-diwali-offer.png  

Old 16th October 2020, 19:41   #13026
Senior - BHPian

Be careful who you sell your old phone to. There is a whole industry out there who retrieve data from these devices and put it to mischievous use. I'm only comfortable giving it to Apple as they wipe the slate clean. Few industrialists and stock brokers in my friends circle never sell their old phones as they could lose a lot more in the bargain
Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Apple India seems to be a kind of lowballer with them offering 11000 for the device but not as much as the Ecom giants
Old 16th October 2020, 19:48   #13027
BHPian

Quote:
Be careful who you sell your old phone to. There is a whole industry out there who retrieve data from these devices and put it to mischievous use. I'm only comfortable giving it to Apple as they wipe the slate clean. Few industrialists and stock brokers in my friends circle never sell their old phones as they could lose a lot more in the bargain
Could be a noob query, but don't we usually factory reset a phone before handing it over to the buyer? Or is there a way to extract data from the phone even after factory resetting it?
Old 16th October 2020, 20:15   #13028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure about this offer? I was at Imagine, (Apple Store) an hour back, and they told me the airpods are given away with the iPhone11-Pro model only. This will be announced tomorrow (God knows, what time!). There is just no info on any Apple channel
Apple India's free AirPods offer is on iPhone 11. They've de-listed iPhone 11 Pro and stopped selling them (available at retailers, as on their website).

----
On a separate note, iPhone 11 Pro 256GB is available on Flipkart for these prices, prior to exchange. Got an SBI card? Further discount/ cash back.

64GB - ₹ 79,999
256GB - ₹ 92,999
512GB - ₹ 1,09,999

11 Pro line - https://www.flipkart.com/search?q=ap...show=on&as=off

11 Pro Max line - https://www.flipkart.com/search?q=ap...show=on&as=off
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 20:34   #13029
BHPian

The flipkart prices are mouthwatering. I was waiting for quite some time to pick up the iphone 12 for my spouse,but the India pricing turned out to be disappointing. The 11 pro 64GB flipkart price (80k) is exactly the same as 12 64GB.

I feel this is a great bargain and an irresistible offer and at the same time feel that this is too good to be true. Is it usual for apple products to get deep discounts to this extent ? Also, how safe is buying from Flipkart (Long time Amazon user)?

Any thoughts ?

Cheers
Revverend
Old 16th October 2020, 21:53   #13030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revverend View Post
The flipkart prices are mouthwatering. I was waiting for quite some time to pick up the iphone 12 for my spouse,but the India pricing turned out to be disappointing. The 11 pro 64GB flipkart price (80k) is exactly the same as 12 64GB.

I feel this is a great bargain and an irresistible offer and at the same time feel that this is too good to be true. Is it usual for apple products to get deep discounts to this extent ? Also, how safe is buying from Flipkart (Long time Amazon user)?

Any thoughts ?

Cheers
Revverend
I have ordered one iPhone XR, iPhone SE and a Mac Book Air from FK. Its safe. When you get the device go to the Apple Website and run the serial number to check warranty.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 22:11   #13031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have ordered one iPhone XR, iPhone SE and a Mac Book Air from FK. Its safe. When you get the device go to the Apple Website and run the serial number to check warranty.
Thanks,Pancham for the tip. Coming to the product itself, here's a question to the larger quorum. Is it worth getting the 11 Pro over the 12? My spouse is gonna retain this phone for atleast 3 years and she is yearning to try out mobile photography, which is severly limited by her current handset. That said the point of previous gen vs current gen remains. I shied away from the 11/XR all this while for the bulkiness and LCD display which I was not in favor of and 11 pro seemed to the perfect size and feature set. But as with all of Apple's pro lineup it was way out of reach at 1.06L

Do let me know your thoughts

Cheers
Revverend
Old 16th October 2020, 22:45   #13032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revverend View Post
Is it worth getting the 11 Pro over the 12?
Short answer: Yes. For a usage period of 3 years, one generation gap does no harm.

On the flip side, I feel the 11 Pro is still overpriced at 80-90K.

Last edited by Pancham : 16th October 2020 at 22:46.
Old 16th October 2020, 22:50   #13033
BHPian

Quote:
Or

Thanks in advance!
Also the one from the Apple store is without the earphones and charger. So if you have an existing one, great other wise you will have to but that separately.
Old 16th October 2020, 22:58   #13034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Also the one from the Apple store is without the earphones and charger. So if you have an existing one, great other wise you will have to but that separately.
Are you sure about this? iPhone 11 always shipped with the goodies. No?

EDIT: I checked out the SE in the Apple website and it comes with the USB C to Lightning cable only.

Last edited by Pancham : 16th October 2020 at 23:01.
Old 16th October 2020, 23:10   #13035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Are you sure about this? iPhone 11 always shipped with the goodies. No?

EDIT: I checked out the SE in the Apple website and it comes with the USB C to Lightning cable only.
Yes. The apple India site is down now, but the last time I checked it said no charger and earphone in the box.
That's why this has been mentioned specifically in the IPhone 11 that's on sale on Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-iphone11.jpg  

bigben is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed