Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:51   #781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Sounds like Garmin has tied up with MMI recently to provide their maps on the units they are selling in India. Last I checked with a Garmin dealer in Bangalore was 2 months back and he clearly said that Garmin has no tie-up with MMI or SatNav!
My map issue is resolved after updating the map downloaded from the vendor's website (Garmin dealers in India,garmin gps Maps India,garmin navigator India), check the link to download map (though the link looks like simple bulleted text on the center column)

I will once again check if it is satnav or another thing today as i really forgot to check after updating the new map.

Garmin with Maps with the cost mentioned above is a pretty decent deal and the vendor is good with so many support staffs to assist you. (the device which I bought came with bill and 1 year replacement warranty)
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:56   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Can one of the MMI user tell me what route it suggests from Chiplun to Pune? Satnav suggested me a state highway that didn't exists.

Have a look at this thread for more details.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1819780
Try MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go!
and give Chiplun to Pune as the route to search for. I tried and the route suggested seemed slightly different from what you posted. And its not the same as you finally took either.
Check it out and let us know what you conclude.

Last edited by amitoj : 3rd May 2010 at 12:58.
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:12   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Just ordered the TravelPilot Lucca from MMI`s website. Lets see how fast they deliver.
Congratulations Evo. Waiting for a candid feedback. I am assuming you got this at the price of a RoadPilot, that is INR 7,990 -correct?
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:30   #784
BHPian

After reading many good words about Gramin in this forum, I ordered Gramin nuvi 260W (new) from Amazon for $99.99.
It has a built-in US map. Will have to buy India map from Satnav next week.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:25   #785
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Ordered a new Garmin 265WT (I could not find one without T) with Friction Mount and Case from Amazon for a total of $222.81 for delivery in the US. It was ordered yesterday (Wednesday) and overnight all three items have been shipped.
Fast work - Amazon. Got info today that all three have been delivered on Saturday. I went for the cheapest US post delivery.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:39   #786
Team-BHP Support

Amazon delivery systems are very robust. Once I wanted something very urgent (a book). Since it was more than 100 dollars, I did not mind spending another 20 to get an expedited international shipping.

Guess what? It landed up at my doorstep on the third day !
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:45   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Amazon delivery systems are very robust. Once I wanted something very urgent (a book). Since it was more than 100 dollars, I did not mind spending another 20 to get an expedited international shipping.

Guess what? It landed up at my doorstep on the third day !
Did Amazon start shipping to India? I thought only 20north.com source it from amazon and send it?
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:55   #788
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Fast work - Amazon. Got info today that all three have been delivered on Saturday. I went for the cheapest US post delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Garmin with Maps with the cost mentioned above is a pretty decent deal and the vendor is good with so many support staffs to assist you. (the device which I bought came with bill and 1 year replacement warranty)
Welcome to the world of Garmin with Satnav, fellow Garminers!

And MMI owners, can someone tell me what route MMI suggests from Chiplun to Pune please? refer to my earlier post in this forum.
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:20   #789
Senior - BHPian

20north - how reliable?

Guys,

Has anyone tried getting goods delivered to India using 20north.com? If yes, how reliable are they? Posting in this thread since I am planning to buy/ship my Garmin unit from them.
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:02   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Has anyone tried getting goods delivered to India using 20north.com? If yes, how reliable are they? Posting in this thread since I am planning to buy/ship my Garmin unit from them.
I have got few things, like bluetooth headset, waterproof camera case,... it takes around 20 days to get delivery but its worth it, Since it comes from Amazon + shipping charges + duties. No where else you will get cheaper than it other than sometimes ebayglobeshopee.

But buying from 20North is almost buying directly from Amazon which sends us only new box packed product, yes you have amazon bill when you get product, unlike in ebay where you might get used and returned or refurbished products.

Last edited by shamanth : 3rd May 2010 at 16:04.
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:14   #791
Senior - BHPian

Ordered for the Lucca today @7990/-, should receive it in a couple of days as per the customer service executive.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:20   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I completely agree with that.
The customer care is very good.
Recently I called them regarding installation failure of the software. The next moment I received the link and also they called me on my landline and explained the procedure. Again after half an hour they called me again to check everything is okay. All this happened at around 10.00pm!
Hi All,

I'm currently considering getting a GPS PND and was looking into the recent 10 pages on the thread. When I saw a 4th such post on Satguide's claim of excellent customer service, I wanted to really put it to test.

So I left my name, number and email on their website, and I got a call in less than 5 minutes since I did the above. A guy named Raja started explaining the line-up when he applied brakes and said he'd first email me all the details and follow up with a call to explain them all, again in 5 minutes.

I won't say if post sales experience is this good, but I was shocked when I got a call in say, 4 minutes..

Will read the rest of the posts and come back with some queries.

Thanks
ajay K
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:25   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
But buying from 20North is almost buying directly from Amazon which sends us only new box packed product, yes you have amazon bill when you get product, unlike in ebay where you might get used and returned or refurbished products.
Thanks for the feedback. The only flipside, I guess, is that the warranty on these products is not valid in India. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:50   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. The only flipside, I guess, is that the warranty on these products is not valid in India. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Most US warranty is not valid in India unless products have international Warranty, like Acer laptops...
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:53   #795
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Most US warranty is not valid in India unless products have international Warranty, like Acer laptops...
Ask any friend based out of US to buy, procure and ship it to you. If there are any issues, one can try shipping back to their friend and ask him/ her to get it covered by the warranty, in case there is no international warranty.
Ofcourse, there's shipping charge involved in this separately. But people wouldn't mind paying that small amount for getting one year's warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks