Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2010, 00:46   #1231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
inder
the manual is inside the box with the remote and batteries.
i got this from grey market for 38250 and a 5kva vguard stab for 3500.
the installation cost me 3500 which included 13 feet of copper wire and the stand(650 rupees)
this is also from thailand.need any other information,please shoot.
khoj
the vguard people replaced the stab with a newone and its working fine.
The same time I enquired and it was Rs. 36K in Delhi.
Old 6th June 2010, 12:08   #1232
SCH
BHPian

Very Happy with Whirlpool 3 star Window AC.

For the benefit of all members I would like to state that I bought a 3 star Whirlpool window AC two weeks back and I am very happy with the performance. It costed Rs. 19500 plus Rs. 2500 for the Voltage stabliser.

Infact for my second room, I am again going for a similar model.
Old 6th June 2010, 19:29   #1233
BHPian

Hitachi 1.5 ton Quadricool which is better, Single Motor Or dual Motor.Diff is only 1K.Hitachi Engg himself told to go for single motor as double motor has one more motor to fail and stall the AC.Confused !AnyBody bought from Ratna Fan House recently?What is the proce they quote.
Old 7th June 2010, 13:17   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
Hitachi 1.5 ton Quadricool which is better, Single Motor Or dual Motor.Diff is only 1K.Hitachi Engg himself told to go for single motor as double motor has one more motor to fail and stall the AC.Confused !
Engineer is himself confused - dont believe him! Failure can even happen with a single motor. People at Hitachi are not fools to design something with two motors. They have done it with a purpose so that the two motors can spin at different speeds and thus leading to lower noise dB levels.

IMHO you can go for dual motor Hitachi.
Old 7th June 2010, 13:21   #1235
BHPian

Hi All,

yesterday i purchased Hitachi Ace RAU018EQD follow me from next( Hitachi's authorised dealer) . After installation I was told that the refregation gas was not avaliable in Outdoor unit.

I called up the next guys and was told that they will take it up with Hitachi and hitachi would fill up the gas. I have not been given any explanation for the issue.

1) Hitachi call center has accepted the call but they claim that this might be due to
installation .
2) installation was done using next guys . i was never told that hitachi also does installation.
3) Hitachi and next are busy playing blame games . where as i am suffering.

Please suggest. i have spend 36 k and have got the damaged unit.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 7th June 2010 at 13:26.
Old 7th June 2010, 17:15   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Please suggest. i have spend 36 k and have got the damaged unit.
Kool_Kid, you'll have to fight it out and get a replacement.
There is no knowing why the gas leaked out and over what kind of time frame.
There is probably a small leak somewhere in the unit. Simply charging gas is certainly NOT an acceptable solution!
Old 9th June 2010, 09:01   #1237
Senior - BHPian

I need to buy 2 Air Conditioners this month for my new house. I already have a few BUT need one for my room and one for my mum's room.

I am open to the option of Window or Split AC's.

The ones I have right now are all LG 1.5 Tonne Window AC's purchased over 8 years back and are running extremely well. I plan to continue using them in the new house but in different rooms. ( It's a big house and we plan to rent out a furnished floor )

All we need to do is refill gas in the older ac's.

My question to you people is - since I have not bought any AC's recently which is better in terms of cooling - Split or Window.

My budget for a window AC was 20k each BUT if I take a split then I am open to spending a few thousand more. I checked with LG and their Basic 1.5 tonne Split costs 26k or so.

I know Daikin & General & Hitachi are very good BUT sadly those do not fall in my budget so I cannot buy those.

As far as the rooms go both are located at the front of the building so there is plenty of roo for the main unit to get air and also since there is no other interruption installing them is not a problem.

Please suggest as I need to finalise today.
Old 9th June 2010, 10:17   #1238
BANNED

One has to see that window units are by and large less efficient than splits ( think Hitachi window are . However, splits are more bothersome to maintain.

You will find the power requirements between 3* and 5* may not differ by more than, say, 200W, unless you go for inverter technology.
Old 9th June 2010, 13:43   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur
Kool_Kid, you'll have to fight it out and get a replacement.
There is no knowing why the gas leaked out and over what kind of time frame.
There is probably a small leak somewhere in the unit. Simply charging gas is certainly NOT an acceptable solution!

I have tried but Hitachi has declined to replace the unit , yesterday they checked for any leak and then refilled the gas Ac has started cooling .they tell me that this happens a lot( people missing out the gas in factory itself) . The service enginer assured me that of a replacement only if this gas leaks again. I have got the assurance on the email , Since i have paid the entire amount next is also not willing to help me out.

BE AWARE OF HITACHI is all i can say...

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 9th June 2010 at 13:45.
Old 9th June 2010, 14:16   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
.....they tell me that this happens a lot( people missing out the gas in factory itself) . ...
How many of us can believe that?!
But then, you don't seem to have a choice!
Old 9th June 2010, 18:59   #1241
BHPian

Hitachi issue with brand new unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur;
How many of us can believe that?!
But then, you don't seem to have a choice!
Thanks for the kind words anup , i am on bed rest ( recovering from kidny stone operation) other wise I would have fought bitterly.

if any one /khoj on the forum can help me out with email id / refrence of Hitachi management , i would try again to get it replaced.

email trail with hitachi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue 08/06/2010 23:59
To: 'customercare@hitachi-hli.com'
Cc: 'arun.kaushik@next.co.in'; 'devesh.sharma@hitachi-hli.com'
Subject: RE: New Hitachi Ace RAU018EQD now working.

Hi Sandhya,

As discussed with Hitachi service engineer Mr Sagar, following was agreed .

1) There was no refrigeration gas available on the OD unit.
2) There is no leak in the OD unit ( resulting in gas leakage). It was implied that the gas might been missed at the manufacturing plant.
3) If gas leak persists resulting in low performance ( in cooling) . Outdoor unit would be replaced .
4) the AC installation done by Next was found satisfactory.

I am not inclined to keep this unit( ODU) as I am not confidant that the issue has been completely resolved. I have only kept this unit ( under observation) as I have been promised full replacement in case of any future issues. Also I have not been given any job card / feed back form for this complaint (096100601882) , so I have been compelled to give details of Mr Sagar's assurance in this email for all future reference.

Please revert on email if you have any question / clarification..

Kind Regards,

Gaurav Bhatnagar

From: customercare@hitachi-hli.com [mailto:customercare@hitachi-hli.com]
Sent: 08 June 2010 11:16
To: Bhatnagar, Gaurav
Subject: Re: New Hitachi Ace RAU018EQD now working.

Dear Mr. Gaurav,
Thank you for writing to us with regard to non working problem of your Split Air Conditioner.
As per our telephonic discussion, we understand our service engineer has visited your place today morning and now the AC is working fine. As discussed with our service engineer, we weould request you to keep the unit under observation for a week and then get back to us if you are facing any kind of problem.
In the meantime, if you need our help, you can reach us at our Helpline number 1800-200-8585 anytime or reply to this mail. Our team of engineers would be glad to help you out.
Warm Regards,
Sandhya Pillai
Hitachi Home & Life Solutions (India) Ltd.

"Bhatnagar, Gaurav" <Gaurav.Bhatnagar@colt.net>
06/07/2010 02:12 PM
To
<customercare@hitachi-hli.com>

cc
<customerservice@hitachi.co.in>

Subject
New Hitachi Ace RAU018EQD now working.

Dear Sir,

yesterday I purchased Hitachi Ace RAU018EQD follow me from next Paschim Vihar New DelhI india . Dealer( Hitachi's authorized dealer) . After installation itself , I was told that the refrigeration gas was not available in Outdoor unit.
I called up the next guys and was told that they will take it up with Hitachi and Hitachi would fill up the gas. I have not been given any explanation for the issue.
As directed by Next I have logged an complaint with Hitachi 096100601882. I was told that an service engineer would be visiting which has not happned as yet.

Please note that the installation and ever other thing was done by Hitachi's authorized dealer ( Next paschim Vihar)

Please advise. I have spend 36 k and have got the damaged unit which is not working .I bought Hitachi ( even though it’s the most expensive of the lot) thinking of high degree of quality which has not being delivered.

Kind Regards,

Gaurav Bhatnagar

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 9th June 2010 at 19:01.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:03   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Bluestar surprisingly is not here in the thread much.

I am planning to get 2 splits.
Old 9th June 2010, 21:54   #1243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Bluestar surprisingly is not here in the thread much.
Likewise Llyod hasn't been much in this thread. It seems to be one of the cheapest AC in the market currently. Is this the same what used to be called Fedder's Llyod earlier? They are very old players in India.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:20   #1244
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav, the reply from Hitachi does not acknowledge that the ODU will be replaced if there is any further issue!

Also, the time period guaranteed seems to be only one week!
So much for Hitachi!!
I'll settle for LG; I already have two working well at my place for over five years!
Old 9th June 2010, 23:10   #1245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, the time period guaranteed seems to be only one week!
I read it as a request to observe the machine in action for a week before any further action

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks