Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2014, 15:22   #3271
BANNED

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

I now need to but a 2TR (or even higher) Windows unit for my drawing room. Prefer 5* but must have at least 4*. Suggestions?
Old 13th February 2014, 17:52   #3272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I now need to but a 2TR (or even higher) Windows unit for my drawing room. Prefer 5* but must have at least 4*. Suggestions?
If you have the space, then why not consider the Tower Type 3-4T units. Though they are split, but they are extremely efficient. Almost every one makes one - LG, Hitachi, Daikin. You can normally find them under commercial AC section.
Old 14th February 2014, 09:14   #3273
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If you have the space, then why not consider the Tower Type 3-4T units. Though they are split, but they are extremely efficient. Almost every one makes one - LG, Hitachi, Daikin. You can normally find them under commercial AC section.
Unfortunately, it cannot be a tower. I can think about a apucca split, but will try and avoid it.
Old 14th February 2014, 11:48   #3274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, it cannot be a tower. I can think about a apucca split, but will try and avoid it.
Another idea is to have a ceiling mounted split, that is if you can route the piping through a false ceiling. These come in 2T to 4T capacities and in my experience much better than the wall mounted units.

If you can only install window units then the best bet is to get 2 x 1.5T 5 star units. Our Hitachi 5* unit is extremely efficient as far as window units go, but the Daikin inverter beats them all.
Old 14th February 2014, 16:31   #3275
BANNED

Quote:
Another idea is to have a ceiling mounted split, that is if you can route the piping through a false ceiling. These come in 2T to 4T capacities and in my experience much better than the wall mounted units.

If you can only install window units then the best bet is to get 2 x 1.5T 5 star units. Our Hitachi 5* unit is extremely efficient as far as window units go, but the Daikin inverter beats them all.
I have an opening in the Window for a single unit. I also have a 1.5TR 5* Hitachi, excellent but a bit noisy. I guess I am looking at Hitachi or Panasonic!
Old 17th February 2014, 10:01   #3276
Senior - BHPian

I live in Bangalore, and looking for an AC to beat the summer(We dont really need AC otherwise). 12x14 is the room size, after doing the calculations, I see that 1 Ton AC is good for me.

I noticed that the star ratings have changed for 2014 and the 3 star AC of 2014 is equivalent to 4 star of last year. Most of the shops are selling last year AC at similar price as 2014 though.

I liked Samsung 2014 model 3 star AC 1.0 Ton which is coming up to 27K with installation and stabilizer. Can anyone suggest how is the Samsung AC performance and service support ?

I mostly hear Daikin, LG here. Would welcome some pointers on LG and Daikin as well.
My Budget is around 30K max.

Can stretch beyond, but then it will only be for Inverter AC. Will it be an overkill for Bangalore ? Usage of 3-4 hours max in the night (Mar-June)
Old 17th February 2014, 10:08   #3277
BANNED

Quote:
I have an opening in the Window for a single unit. I also have a 1.5TR 5* Hitachi, excellent but a bit noisy. I guess I am looking at Hitachi or Panasonic!
Seems most jokers have done away with 2TR window units. So now it will have to be a cheaper 2-2.5TR Split with R410A. Any suggestions. Usage will not be heavy so I may try to avoid Daikin and the like.
Old 17th February 2014, 11:56   #3278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems most jokers have done away with 2TR window units. So now it will have to be a cheaper 2-2.5TR Split with R410A. Any suggestions. Usage will not be heavy so I may try to avoid Daikin and the like.
If you have 3 phase connection you can go in for the 3T units from Hitachi and LG.
Old 17th February 2014, 23:13   #3279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I live in Bangalore, and looking for an AC to beat the summer(We dont really need AC otherwise). 12x14 is the room size, after doing the calculations, I see that 1 Ton AC is good for me.

I noticed that the star ratings have changed for 2014 and the 3 star AC of 2014 is equivalent to 4 star of last year. Most of the shops are selling last year AC at similar price as 2014 though.

I liked Samsung 2014 model 3 star AC 1.0 Ton which is coming up to 27K with installation and stabilizer. Can anyone suggest how is the Samsung AC performance and service support ?
I bought a 1.5T Samsung a few months back - 2 Star. Figured the same on reduction of star rating anyway. Usage would be light as it was for kids play room. Cost me 27k installed. It takes a while to cool the room and the width of the indoor unit is smaller than my Daikins but it is sufficient for irregular use. I have a 2T Samsung in my living room, 8 years old and doing great. No issues except once a capacitor needed changing. No other problems.
I
Old 18th February 2014, 10:29   #3280
BANNED

Quote:
If you have 3 phase connection you can go in for the 3T units from Hitachi and LG.
I do have, but the times one or more phases vanish I am not risking that.
Old 19th February 2014, 15:30   #3281
Senior - BHPian

After juggling between Samsung, LG and Daikin, finally decided on LG Aura plus 2014 model (3*) Costs around 31900 with installation and Vguard 4KV stabilizer.

Daikin prices were decent, but they quoted me installation charges of 11K !! i did not even bother to bargain with them

Features look good for this price, I would have loved to pay south of 30K but not getting any options in that range
Old 19th February 2014, 21:22   #3282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Can stretch beyond, but then it will only be for Inverter AC. Will it be an overkill for Bangalore ? Usage of 3-4 hours max in the night (Mar-June)
I don't know what aspect of it makes it an over kill or under kill for Bangalore. If you can afford it, go for the Inverter units. With the way Inverter units work, set a comfortable temperature and you can keep it running all night without worrying about alarming power bills. Heck; in summer, I use the air conditioner even at noon for a few hours and still manage to keep the power bill well in check.

I'd stick to LG or a Samsung.
Old 19th February 2014, 22:04   #3283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I don't know what aspect of it makes it an over kill or under kill for Bangalore. If you can afford it, go for the Inverter units. With the way Inverter units work, set a comfortable temperature and you can keep it running all night without worrying about alarming power bills. Heck; in summer, I use the air conditioner even at noon for a few hours and still manage to keep the power bill well in check.

I'd stick to LG or a Samsung.
I made up my mind by the time i saw ur msg

Well, I could not pick any decent inverter models south of 40K.
My apartment is in the middle floor, plus facing acres of green trees of Defence areas. So temperature is not that high except for the 3-4 summer months.

But i do agree that inverters are like 10* AC when it comes to power efficiency
Old 21st February 2014, 16:06   #3284
BHPian

Hi! everyone,

I am on a lookout for Acoustic Insulation Compressor Jacket for Panasonic cube 1.5 ton.

AC is perfect it's just the location which makes it noisy. I have searched online, but shipping to India is an issue, any leads will be appreciated.

Blue Star India are promoting their range as one with Acoustic Insulation Compressor Jacket, wish I could buy one (jacket only) as I love the Cube.

http://www.amazon.com/Brinmar-SBUHD-.../dp/B008J5H6I2
Old 21st February 2014, 17:24   #3285
BHPian

I just bought a blue star 1 ton in mumbai. Its a windo ac replacing my older samsung one . The blue star is much much quieter than the Samsung .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks