Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 20:27   #7666
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Wait for couple of weeks, revised version of break is expected.
Old 4th February 2011, 21:05   #7667
BHPian

Hey guys, just stumbled upon a free airtel gprs trick on java enabled phones. Visit airtelguru.com and download the OM AG 2011 from there. Using default mobile office settings, u can browse free net when balance is below 30ps. Just try it and respond if its working in whole of india or not.
Old 4th February 2011, 21:46   #7668
BHPian

A better alternative to C3, no flash though:

The Mobile Store | Mobile PDA and Smartphones | Samsung Chat 335 S3350

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Anyone here uses the Nokia C3? I am looking for a budget QWERTY phone with Wifi and atleast 2MP camera with flash and 2Gb card.
Old 6th February 2011, 20:46   #7669
BHPian

Few Pictures Clicked with my New Samsung Wave 723

I am not that perfect in photography, though always love to click snaps at every occasion. A first 5 mega pixel for me inform of Wave 723.

All the below pictures are clicked at Nerul's Rock Garden from 6.30 pm onwards.

Only had to resize them below 1 mb for uploading. I am very Much Satisfied with this
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-photo0072.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-photo0067.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-photo0077.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-photo0078.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-photo0081.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-photo0080.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-photo0099.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-photo0100.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-photo0094.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-photo0113.jpg  

Last edited by driving_smartly : 6th February 2011 at 20:51.
Old 7th February 2011, 23:13   #7670
BHPian

PR1.1 firmware update for Nokia N8 is finally out and available in India

I am currently downloading PR1.1 for my N8 via the Ovi suite (154mb download)...dunno if it is available OTA.
This update promises a performance improvements and hope it takes care of the nagging issues that I've had.

Will post the significant changes I felt, soon...

peace,
~kg

Last edited by kapilvgupta : 7th February 2011 at 23:30. Reason: additional info
Old 7th February 2011, 23:38   #7671
BHPian

The PR1.1 update is just about 8mb,I got it today afternoon OTA how come it is showing 154mb on ovi suite.
Old 7th February 2011, 23:45   #7672
BHPian

I dunno...i too was surprised at the 150+mb size.

will update after installing.

can anyone please update what all changes can one expect from Pr1.1

peace,
~kg
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-before-n8-pr1.1.png  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-before-n8-pr1.1...07.png  

Last edited by kapilvgupta : 7th February 2011 at 23:49.
Old 8th February 2011, 00:05   #7673
BHPian

Here it is
Changelog:

•Web updated to 7.2.8.10
•Quickoffice updated to 6.4.166, editing functions now enabled on the N8 (i.e. don’t have to pay to upgrade), improved zooming functions
•Adobe Reader updated to 2.5.653
•Big update to Nokia Email; performance improved; ‘unread emails’ flag added to homescreen widget; meeting requests can be accepted directly from email invitations; maps integration, which means people can view the meeting location on the map when the address is mentioned in the location field in the invite
•General performance improvements
•Dialer now works in landscape mode
•Previous performance updates are rolled in and, in the full (Ovi Suite-installed, >100MB) image, there’s the facility to provide a better working starting point than hard resetting a PR 1.0 device
Well the top point explains the bigger update in ovi suite,it reinstalls all the earlier updates.
Old 8th February 2011, 02:36   #7674
BHPian

couple of changes that I have felt after installing PR1.1 on my Nokia N8
  • firmware update deleted my contacts & had to restore them from a backup...so please backup before updating. This is supposed to be very rare but still better safe than sorry
  • overall the phone feels smoother and faster
  • landscape dialer
  • touchscreen buttons are no longer active when the screen is switched off by the proximity sensor...major thing for me as this had resulted in countless random & dropped calls for me in the past.

more updates (if any) as I find them.

peace,
~kg
Old 8th February 2011, 11:24   #7675
BHPian

Samsung Wave II / Ace or HTC Desire / Wildfire ? Confused !!!

Guys,

Am planning to but a Smartphone very soon. Am confused between Wave II, Ace and HTC Desire/Wildfire. Desire and Ace runs on Android while Wave II runs the Bada O.S. Is Bada as good as Android ? Which one of these has a solid build, reliable and good After Sales Service Support if needed ? My Budget is around 20k. Please advice.

Thanks.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:54   #7676
Senior - BHPian

Mobile Phone battery charging prob.

Got a Fly Mobile DS 430. When i connect it to the charger, the displays shows that the phone is charging, but even after hours of charging, the battery level remains the same.

Is this a battery prob or has something gone wrong in the phone. Coz the phone has fallen down a few times.

Anyone else facing similar probs on their phone?
Old 8th February 2011, 15:58   #7677
BHPian

Re: Mobile Phone battery charging prob.

Most probably a battery problem - leaked Li-Ion cells are not able to get charged up and the charging goes on and on.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:01   #7678
BHPian

Re: Mobile Phone battery charging prob.

It happens when battery is gone, I mean dead. I faced the same problem with one of my mobile (Spice ) and it was resolved by changing to new battery.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:42   #7679
BHPian

I brought a motorola defy couple of days back. Th phone was working brilliant(infact i fell in love wit it) untill i noticed a bright small spot on the black screen. I went mad, tourtured the phone by switching off and on, changed softwares etc etc but of no use. The spot was still there and it seems like a dead pixel. So i decided to take it customer care and they have asked me to repair it instead of exchange. But after strong protests and heated discussions with the customer care people, they have agreed to exchange the phone with a brand new one. They have asked for a time of 2 weeks and hopefully i will be getting a brand new Motorola Defy by next week.
Old 8th February 2011, 18:10   #7680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
I brought a motorola defy couple of days back. Th phone was working brilliant(infact i fell in love wit it) untill i noticed a bright small spot on the black screen. I went mad, tourtured the phone by switching off and on, changed softwares etc etc but of no use. The spot was still there and it seems like a dead pixel. So i decided to take it customer care and they have asked me to repair it instead of exchange. But after strong protests and heated discussions with the customer care people, they have agreed to exchange the phone with a brand new one. They have asked for a time of 2 weeks and hopefully i will be getting a brand new Motorola Defy by next week.
People in GSMARENA website has Same complaint may be a particular batch of Phones carrying the same defect or manufacturing defect in some of the cells.

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_defy-reviews-3514.php

Last edited by driving_smartly : 8th February 2011 at 18:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks