Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 18:58   #7681
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
People in GSMARENA website has Same complaint may be a particular batch of Phones carrying the same defect or manufacturing defect in some of the cells.

Motorola DEFY - User opinions and reviews
The guy in GSM arena and the one in TBHP, both are same....
Old 8th February 2011, 20:57   #7682
BHPian

Re: Samsung Wave II / Ace or HTC Desire / Wildfire ? Confused !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Guys,

Am planning to but a Smartphone very soon. Am confused between Wave II, Ace and HTC Desire/Wildfire. Desire and Ace runs on Android while Wave II runs the Bada O.S. Is Bada as good as Android ? Which one of these has a solid build, reliable and good After Sales Service Support if needed ? My Budget is around 20k. Please advice.

Thanks.
For feedback on Samsung bada OS, you can refer to this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...cks-hacks.html

There are lot of Wave owners on that thread. Wave is basically Wave II with SAMOLED screen.
Old 8th February 2011, 21:05   #7683
Senior - BHPian

Any negative feedback on xperia x10 mini? apart from the fact that no upgrades to 2.2. What would I be missing? Does sony put any restrictions in it that makes it less than any other android phone?
Old 9th February 2011, 00:48   #7684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Guys,

Am planning to but a Smartphone very soon. Am confused between Wave II, Ace and HTC Desire/Wildfire. Desire and Ace runs on Android while Wave II runs the Bada O.S. Is Bada as good as Android ? Which one of these has a solid build, reliable and good After Sales Service Support if needed ? My Budget is around 20k. Please advice.

Thanks.
There are actually two questions here? 1st whether android mobile or wave II and 2nd is if android then which one out of Ace, wildfire and Desire.
Let me 1st comment on the best android mobile out of these three and it is without doubt HTC desire. Its price is about 22500 Rs. I won't suggest you to go for wildfire because of lesser screen resolution, lesser processor and lesser RAM and really poor camera. Its price is abt 13000 Rs. Ace is very new in the market with very good specs apart from RAM(which is still not confirmed if it is indeed 512 MB or not). Its price is Rs 15000.
So, out of these three, HTC desire is the best package and 2nd is Ace.

Now let me come to Wave. Wave is a brilliant phone. according to me, main factors that decide whether the phone is good or not are:
1. Hardware specs: Wave is just brilliant in this respect with 1GB processor, 512 MB RAM, 1500 Mah battery, accelerometer, proximity sensor, %MP camera etc.

2. Looks: Wave is a brilliant looker.
3. user interface: Bada is a relatively new OS but let me tell you that it is very refined and very user friendly. Infact i find it even more user friendly then android as I am using both android and WaveI.
4. Performance: A good mobile should be fast and should never lag or freeze.Wave is really very fast. No lags, no freezes in 4 months of my usage so far. you tap the screen and it performs brilliantly every single time.
5. Touch response: Wave screen is again excellent.

Now, above 5 points are more or less same in both desire and Wave.

6. Camera: Desire is no match to Wave's camera quality. Though both are 5 MP but Wave's camera output is much much better then desire both still photography and video recording. So, if this is your important factor, go for wave.
7. Music quality: Again wave's output is much better then desire but this you can test yourself and decide.
8. Battery Backup: Desire battery with normal usage maximum last about 18-20 hrs whereas with similar usage, wave will last about 45-50 hrs.
9. Applications: Now, this is the most important point in favor of Android and hence desire. Andoid has much more number of APPS as compared to Bada. But let me add that most of the commonly used apps are there for wave including some brilliant 3D and HD games.
10. Internal memory: desire has only 512 MB internal storage where you can install apps where as Wave dont has that kind of limitation. So, despite having lacs of apps in android market, you wont be able to install many on desire.

11. GPS and maps: here again, desire is better then Wave. Desire uses google maps but there is no navigation for google as of now. Wave gives Route66 maps and navigation. Google is definately better.

Conclusion: Desire is about 5000 Rs more then Wave. What you get extra as compared to Wave is android apps(but with limited storage), better GPS solution, slightly better internet browsing with test reflow and android OS.
Whereas Wave give you a much better camera, better music quality, better battery backup, similar performance(if not better), better screen.

So, you now decide which factors are more important for you and decide which mobile suits you better. no one is perfect with some limitations in both. If you want to check the samples of the Wave's camera, i had posted some pics on page 500. below is the link.
http://www.team- (The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here.)Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community
Old 9th February 2011, 12:53   #7685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
There are actually two questions here? 1st whether android mobile or wave II and 2nd is if android then which one out of Ace, wildfire and Desire.
Let me 1st comment on the best android mobile out of these three and it is without doubt HTC desire...
Thanx a Ton for such a detailed comparison report. I am all the more getting inclined to buy the Wave II. More so, after seeing the stunning pictures captured from your Wave. I was only concerned about the Bada O.S. But i think i am willing to compromise on it due to it's many other advantages. Even i am from Pune. The latest price i checked at Mobile Store yesterday was 17,500 /-. Sounds like a Good Deal.

Last edited by Zappo : 10th February 2011 at 00:29. Reason: Please do not quote an entire post, particularly when just a part of it can set the reference as well.
Old 9th February 2011, 15:24   #7686
Senior - BHPian

I recently joined an organization where mobile phones with camera are not permitted on the floor. For first few days I tried searching for decent phones without camera. I found many but they lacked important features, price range opted was upto 15k. Finally settled for Nokia C1-02 for the phonebook capacity and USB/Bluetooth connectivity. It supports upto 32GB MicroSD card, but that USP didnt attracted me a lot. My existing phone was Nokia too, so synchronizing contacts, calendar, inbox was too easy over bluetooth. The phone came for a price of Rs. 2350.

My query is that, with the advent of 3G, I am most likely to be left out just because almost every 3G phone has a camera. So can anyone suggest a 3G phone with almost every other feature except camera. Price range is upto 30k.

I think many of the users will be facing the same dilema, atleast in my organization.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:22   #7687
BHPian

@abhi3284

The last I saw Wave II was available at flipkart for 17k and my friend had his delivered today from ebay for 16.8k.

Incidentally I am also using WaveI - bought it the day it hit the stores in May last year. The phone is a delight to own and operate. The multimedia experience on the phone is truly top-class.

zoom2_ash has written a pretty honest comparo of the phones under question and I can definitely vouch for the comments he has made regarding WaveI.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:50   #7688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
So can anyone suggest a 3G phone with almost every other feature except camera. Price range is upto 30k.

I think many of the users will be facing the same dilema, atleast in my organization.
Blackberry Storm 9500
Old 9th February 2011, 17:27   #7689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Blackberry Storm 9500
This one is having a camera (3.2MP) BlackBerry - Storm Specifications - BlackBerry Storm 9520 & 9500 Specs - India. So can not buy this one.

Can we, though Team-BHP, send such a feedback to the mobile phone manufacturers. More and more organizations are focussing on privacy and hence cameras are banned inside their premises. If a company launches a feature-loaded phone without camera, that would be a hot cake for people like us. What about a "Blackberry Storm 9500WC" i.e. Without Camera .
Old 9th February 2011, 18:11   #7690
BHPian

Quote:
This one is having a camera (3.2MP) BlackBerry - Storm Specifications - BlackBerry Storm 9520 & 9500 Specs - India. So can not buy this one.

Can we, though Team-BHP, send such a feedback to the mobile phone manufacturers. More and more organizations are focussing on privacy and hence cameras are banned inside their premises. If a company launches a feature-loaded phone without camera, that would be a hot cake for people like us. What about a "Blackberry Storm 9500WC" i.e. Without Camera .
Better is buy a proper phone and destroy its camera physically
Old 9th February 2011, 18:49   #7691
Senior - BHPian

Nokia 'on a burning platform,' CEO warns in internal memo - The Economic Times

Hope we hear something positive on Friday.. early release of Meego or switch to Android
Old 9th February 2011, 19:56   #7692
BHPian

Quote:
More and more organizations are focussing on privacy and hence cameras are banned inside their premises. If a company launches a feature-loaded phone without camera, that would be a hot cake for people like us. What about a "Blackberry Storm 9500WC" i.e. Without Camera .
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Better is buy a proper phone and destroy its camera physically
OT : "Hot Cake" for diabetics (read working for organizations focussing on privacy and hence cameras are banned inside their premises) ?

In these days of innumerable sting ops, scams upside of lakhs of crores etc. it is a very strange situation for commoners like us. Organisational Privacy is more compromised IMO by 3G etc. rather than an innocent camera.

Nevertheless, use @arunkk suggestion and instead of destroying get it removed.

Cheers
Old 9th February 2011, 21:16   #7693
Distinguished - BHPian

The voice recorder might, in many circumstances, offer a greater threat.

Although nobody would even notice collaegues photographing each other, taking pics of a series of documents, or even of parts on a production line, would certainly attract attention. the voice recorder, on the other hand, can be running in a pocket, and nobody would ever know.

I never said any of that, right?
Old 9th February 2011, 21:28   #7694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The voice recorder might, in many circumstances, offer a greater threat.

Although nobody would even notice collaegues photographing each other, taking pics of a series of documents, or even of parts on a production line, would certainly attract attention. the voice recorder, on the other hand, can be running in a pocket, and nobody would ever know.

I never said any of that, right?
you need one of these

MINI HIDDEN DVR MICRO Video CAMERA SPY Pen DV + BOX NEW - eBay (item 290473180444 end time Mar-06-11 19:52:42 PST)
Old 9th February 2011, 21:30   #7695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Thats why you clip mobile phone to your belt. Turn on the camera, clip the cell to belt and roam away freely

With 32 GB cards, you can record video for hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks