Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 08:14   #8461
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
well nokia are nowdays using fixed focus cameras instead of autofocus (they call it EDOF technology) except for their win mobile range. This means that you will not be able to get good microshots (closeups). Though it also means that videos come out very very good (even better than N8!)

i think nokia's 701 is their best phone right now, after Lumia 800.
Hi,
I have been in the hunt for a mobile within 20k range. I was considering nokia 701,but was told by a few guys that its OP is old. My usage is not much, 10 to 15 min of talk,a few SMS. I want a phone with good camera,music . Was considering lumia 710. What would you all suggest. Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 16:12   #8462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
hello friends,

last month, I got myself Nokia E6; this time phone refresh for 'Home Ministry' !

need suggestion for phone with below major specs:
- Nokia as first choice
- min 5 MP camera (not fixed focus pl), preferably with flash
- Touch (+Type welcome)
- Decent Music output
- WiFi, GPS would be bonus
- Budget - under 15K

thanks,
Pranav
Hi Pranav,

You can actually try HTC wildfire S. Its a very smart powerful girlish phone with all the required features. You can buy some nice accessories along with the phone for this amount.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:41   #8463
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
hello friends,

last month, I got myself Nokia E6; this time phone refresh for 'Home Ministry' !

need suggestion for phone with below major specs:
- Nokia as first choice
- min 5 MP camera (not fixed focus pl), preferably with flash
- Touch (+Type welcome)
- Decent Music output
- WiFi, GPS would be bonus
- Budget - under 15K

thanks,
Pranav
Samsung Galaxy Ace is a very good option; ticks all the requirements except Nokia.

And technically, it is better than HTC Wildfire S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
HTC wildfire S. Its a very smart powerful girlish phone
Huh?! How?
Old 11th January 2012, 16:59   #8464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Samsung Galaxy Ace is a very good option; ticks all the requirements except Nokia.

the 800 mhz is just something they internally OC. WildfireS is nicely built.

Ace just has the iPhone look going for it (as I recently learned). else I wouldn't recommend a full touch device with less than 800x480 screen

Defy should be just around your budget. Neo V, as also the x10 mini pro.

XCD35 or the Blade are good enough and cheap: !DEA - An !dea can change your life...

actually the best in your budget is the HTC chacha - 15k wonlee and god its a gorgeous piece. Except the slightly small screen, its ideal.

Last edited by phamilyman : 11th January 2012 at 17:02.
Old 11th January 2012, 17:10   #8465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Huh?! How?
No offense to Samsung as personally I use SGS2 and feel as on date there is no phone to beat it and somehow I don't like HTC. But for a lady, HTC wildfire S is a very nice sleek and smaller phone. It has 80% more RAM than SGA (Samsung Galaxy ACE) which means smoother and faster multitasking. It has higher resolution as compared to SGA but screen is 0.3" smaller. It is available in market for around 12k which is well within the budget. Also it is a little lighter than SGA.
Old 12th January 2012, 06:59   #8466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hi,
I have been in the hunt for a mobile within 20k range. I was considering nokia 701,but was told by a few guys that its OP is old. My usage is not much, 10 to 15 min of talk,a few SMS. I want a phone with good camera,music . Was considering lumia 710. What would you all suggest. Thanks
play with it for a while at some local store in your city if you can get to. i think you can do that at Reliance Digital stores (thats where I played with it here in Bangalore). If you like it, go for it! Its your money, so go with whatever you like! any phone you buy will lose its novelty charm in a few days and after that all that is left is whether it can satisfy your functionality requirements. so its better to think from that angle and make the decision.

lumia 710 is a decent enough phone. only issue is it uses MicroSim instead of the normal sim. its ok if you plan to keep one sim/one phone. But if you have several sims or you would want to swap your phone with your wife etc at times than its a pain (unless the other phone is an iphone or another Lumia as iphone also uses MicroSim.) Camera though isint that favorably reviewed in most sites for the 710. in comparison, 701 has better camera.
Old 12th January 2012, 09:15   #8467
BANNED

I may be looking to change my wife's Sammy Galaxy 551. This time I will got for an htc only. Must be Gingerbread (I do not think there is any Icecream Sandwich yet). What are the options under 13k. Also, preferences if any.
Old 12th January 2012, 09:43   #8468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I may be looking to change my wife's Sammy Galaxy 551. This time I will got for an htc only. Must be Gingerbread (I do not think there is any Icecream Sandwich yet). What are the options under 13k. Also, preferences if any.
At this price range, you could consider HTC Explorer, Wildfire S, Salsa and Chacha.

I would pick Salsa because of its bigger display (same resolution though) and front facing camera.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 12:29   #8469
BHPian

China too eager for the iPhone 4S, Apple suspends sales - GSMArena.com news

Just came across this. I know this is yesterday's news but I read it today. Seems like I-phone has a huge fan following in China. But I really do not understand this. Is I-phone such a good product that people are so crazy about it? Please note that I do not intend to bash any brand but I just want to know why are people so crazy? I do not remember seeing such kind of news when SGS2 was launched as I think SGS2 was a competitor to Iphone4.
Old 14th January 2012, 12:51   #8470
Distinguished - BHPian

Marketing can achieve anything.

Just what is to be achieved by getting hold of any product just one day before others do? At the cost of hours (or longer) of uncomfortable queuing! Most of us, even if we do actually want the thing, recognise that this is just ridiculous: it will be there the next day, or the next week. It is not the last pint of drinking water on earth, it's a phone!

Yet companies like Apple and Microsoft have succeeding in creating this marketing-induced hysteria. Welcome to Planet Lunatic Asylum!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 14th January 2012 at 12:53.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 21:52   #8471
BHPian

Just came back from Croma Malad. I had gone there to specifically see the Galaxy R. There the sales person told me that Samsung has stopped Galaxy R supplies. Galaxy S2 and GalaxySplus were available but not Galaxy R. Is is the same everywhere? Flipkart is not showing it as out of stock. My next stop will be finding about it in Alpha stores in Vile Parle. Has any one bought a Galaxy R recently?
Old 15th January 2012, 08:47   #8472
BHPian

Yes, I have bought the galaxy r recently about 15 days back. This is a wonderful mobile for 21k. Ever since its price reduction its selling like hot cakes.so its out of stock at most places.moreover initially due to high prices there was very less demand, so all big retail shops are not keeping this.
Old 15th January 2012, 23:41   #8473
BHPian

So, in quest for Galaxy R, I paid a visit to Alpha at Vile Parle and again I was disappointed. I asked in the shops around Alpha and all of them say that Samsung has discontinued this model. Flipkart still is showing this model as “In Stock”. I am still not able to understand how come Flipkart is showing it as available whereas nobody else has it. There is a shop called Magnit near Alpha where I tried out all the other phones – Moto Droid Razr, S2, Lg Optimus 2X. Another baffling thing – LG Optimus 2X on flipkart is shown at Rs 19,999 (Now out of stock but some days ago it was “In Stock”) whereas the price in Alpha/Croma/Magnit was around 24k. I understand things on Flipkart are cheaper but then such a huge difference? Also checked out the Lumia 800 – This is one great looking phone with great build quality but I wonder whether Windows 7 will be accepted by the crowd or not. I did not find the interface to be that intuitive.
Old 16th January 2012, 16:39   #8474
Senior - BHPian

I am looking out for a android smart phone under 15 K strict budget, must have feature includes a turn by turn navigator enabled GPS and a decent camera.
I have seen an Nokia C7 with turn by turn navigator feature, but it is a non-android phone and is way too expensive. Guys please suggest.
Old 16th January 2012, 17:17   #8475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I am looking out for a android smart phone under 15 K strict budget, must have feature includes a turn by turn navigator enabled GPS and a decent camera.
I have seen an Nokia C7 with turn by turn navigator feature, but it is a non-android phone and is way too expensive. Guys please suggest.
Under 15k, you have Samsung Galaxy Fit, Ace and HTC Wildfire S.

You'll get a free app for turn-by-turn navigation.

Both have a 5 MP camera.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks