Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 18:52   #766
BHPian

re: iBhp - Think Different (Team-BHPians on a Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I can vouch for the 115+ because. I have one. Brilliant noise isolation.
In fact I would not recommend folks to wear this on and walk on the road!
You wont listen to the honks!!

It also comes with a mic and a buttons which are compatible with Iphone.
Not sure of Androids. I have been this with my ipod classic for more than a year now.
I vouch for Shure too! Amazing sound isolation I have never seen even in other powered noise isolation earphones. My Shure SE110s lasted five years of daily abuse before giving way recently. They are best for flight use. Totally locks out the jet engine noise and gives you a peaceful timeout
Old 21st March 2012, 19:25   #767
BHPian

Which is the best image viewer for Mac. I can open a photo in preview, but it doesnt open the other photos in the same folder or location like windows image viewer or irfanview does.
Old 21st March 2012, 19:37   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Which is the best image viewer for Mac. I can open a photo in preview, but it doesnt open the other photos in the same folder or location like windows image viewer or irfanview does.
If you are only looking for quick view of images, use QuickLook . Just select first image in the folder and press spacebar. It opens the image in a window (which you can view full-screen) and you can cycle through the photos using arrow keys.

For everything else, I use Picasa.

EDIT: QuickLook can open all types of files, not only images. For example, MS office docs, PDFs, MP3s, etc. etc.

Last edited by Gandhi : 21st March 2012 at 19:39.
Old 21st March 2012, 19:43   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
If you are only looking for quick view of images, use QuickLook . Just select first image in the folder and press spacebar. It opens the image in a window (which you can view full-screen) and you can cycle through the photos using arrow keys.

For everything else, I use Picasa.

EDIT: QuickLook can open all types of files, not only images. For example, MS office docs, PDFs, MP3s, etc. etc.
Damn, I forgot Picasa. May be Mac is all over my head

Will give it a try now.
Old 21st March 2012, 21:05   #770
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just select all images and open in pre-view.
I never felt the need to go to any other S/W.
Old 22nd March 2012, 16:26   #771
BHPian

@ampere
But my need is to browse through all the photos in a folder using a single interface. Just learned about iPhoto. Once library of photos are imported, can browse through them at will.

Will give a chance to Picasa too, but later.
Old 22nd March 2012, 16:34   #772
Senior - BHPian

I have been struggling with my MacBook Pro for sometime now as i have recently moved to MAC. Are there any free (Open Source) DVD Rippers for MAC (Like DVDFab or DivX Pro) that i can use to rip DVD's and create either AVI's or DivX video files?

The other area is Audio ripper to RIP audio CD to FLAC?
Old 22nd March 2012, 18:10   #773
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ampere
But my need is to browse through all the photos in a folder using a single interface. Just learned about iPhoto. Once library of photos are imported, can browse through them at will.

Will give a chance to Picasa too, but later.
You needed a photomanager and not a viewer alone. Since you mentioned viewer, I mentioned about pre-view. Iphoto is the solution for what you meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I have been struggling with my MacBook Pro for sometime now as i have recently moved to MAC. Are there any free (Open Source) DVD Rippers for MAC (Like DVDFab or DivX Pro) that i can use to rip DVD's and create either AVI's or DivX video files?

The other area is Audio ripper to RIP audio CD to FLAC?
Handbrake rips video DVDs to mp4 which you can import to Itunes.
Not sure what to use to FLAC. I never used Flac/Ogg Vorbis.
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:54   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
.....took a chance with Philips SHM6600 Headset, Rs.897 from flipkart. ...
I got my headsets yesterday and find it perfect for my kind of usage. Its not a great one for those who are die hard music buffs as the treble and bass are not that great as reviewed by many. I enjoy music on my 1000 watts home theatre system or through the desktop 2.1 unit of creative, and music on the go is usually from mobile handsets. This head unit is specifically designed for Skype, Yahoo, Google etc. Happy with the purchase.
Old 25th March 2012, 08:54   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The curse has arrived - since the last week my AE also now stops streaming music for a few seconds ...the song continues playing in itunes
@normally_crazy Just FYI , the AE streaming dropping seems to have been fixed in the latest iTunes version 10.6.0.40. Ever since I upgraded no more drops.

Meanwhile some other options which I used as workarounds before

Airfoil , lets you stream from any device to any device (you can play with Winamps and stream), basically any ouptput from the pc can be streamed.

- Fillmore
Old 25th March 2012, 20:29   #776
Senior - BHPian

Re: Apple iMac offer. Any good?

Recently my imac started to give trouble. The optical drive was reading photos.videos and audios. But it was not reading Mac Office 2011 and Mac os X. I called apple support and explained the problems.As usual they gave the maximum phone support and when it did not work, they booked a case and told that the service personnel will visit. After two days I got a call from a service personnel and told that he will be coming.He came with a new optical drive and fixed and checked and it worked. Good service from Apple. It was bought in Hong kong and apple care extension was done in India.They really honor the International warranty.My previous key board problem was solved by itself.
Old 25th March 2012, 20:41   #777
Senior - BHPian

I stitched a cover for the display. I used the original cover for a couple of months. Later I was covering the KB with a cloth cover. Mouse I did not do any covering. But it is fine as new even after 18 months.But the battery consumption was high for both.So I changed to USB Mouse and KB. Key board I got one Apple USB KB from apple store Hk. Advantages :No batteries required.2. It has separate numeric buttons like the PC KB. It has additional F buttons from F13 to F19. Home button,page up and down button and end button. It is an aluminum board.
Old 26th March 2012, 10:12   #778
Senior - BHPian

Re: Apple iMac offer. Any good?

The Key Board and mouse batteries were costing me at least Rs 105 a month. I came back to the old technologies with out having the warnings of low battery. Bought a USB Key Board and a USB mouse @INR2331 and 650(Mouse is microsoft express mouse white in color.Both are working well like the Blue toothKB and mouse.The Key board is longer with more buttons.The cost will be replaced in 30 months by saving the batteries.Both blue tooth mouse and Key board are kept for the recently bought macbook pro as external ones. The cost of my last purchase was 14628HK$ and 650INR. For MACBOOK PRO, plus macbook sleeves, Nikeplus sensor, and Key board.HK$ was 6.38 on the day I bought. The apple store gave the bill on hand as well as sent by mail to for ever reference.Good idea.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MAC BOOK RECEIPT.pdf (62.5 KB, 516 views)
Old 28th March 2012, 13:13   #779
BHPian

I am now looking for a case for my MBP 13". Any pointers which one is the best? And should I opt for the AppleCare protection plan?
Old 28th March 2012, 13:22   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And should I opt for the AppleCare protection plan?
Yes. I cannot stress enough how important it is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks