Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2018, 14:32   #3151
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiyushD View Post
Hello Friends

I am a novice in terms of audio tech _ .
Well, you would not notice much of a difference between a system costing 50000 and 100000 Rs, since you are not a trained expert and chances are you do not have an acoustically sound room.
I bought the Zensor 3 and PM5005 about 18 months ago and very satisfied with the combination.
Find a dealer for the speakers and audition them before buying.
PM5005 will save you some money over PM600x.
Old 29th September 2018, 14:35   #3152
Senior - BHPian

I have both the JBL Flip3 and Bose Soundlink Micro. It's been with me for a long time now. The JBL is clearly superior, in that - it makes the best quality sound and fills the room entirely.
In fact, my friend borrows it for his Zumba sessions GO FOR IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Any experience with the same will be helpful. Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 29th September 2018, 14:41   #3153

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I bought the Zensor 3 and PM5005 about 18 months ago and very satisfied with the combination.
Find a dealer for the speakers and audition them before buying.
PM5005 will save you some money over PM600x.
Thanks for the prompt revert.

Yes you are correct, I do not have any dedicated room (acoustic room) for it. Your comment confirms that I am going in the right direction regarding the combo. I will try to find a dealer for auditioning.
Old 29th September 2018, 14:47   #3154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiyushD View Post
Thanks for the prompt revert.

Yes you are correct, I do not have any dedicated room (acoustic room) for it. Your comment confirms that I am going in the right direction regarding the combo. I will try to find a dealer for auditioning.
Piyush don't bother with online for Hi-fi Audio especially Amazon and the likes.

Check for Marantz distributor in Delhi or Mumbai. They can usually ship these stuff to Delhi.

Same for Dali. The Zensor 3 is close to 30K in retail stores.

The Marantz PM6006 is usually available for under 30K as well. https://www.hifimart.com/marantz-pm6...scription=true

https://htstore.in/index.php?route=p...product_id=927

I'm looking at PM6006+Zensor1. Wanted the Zensor 3 but they are too large for the room and I need wall mountable options hence the Zensor 1.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 29th September 2018 at 14:48.
Old 29th September 2018, 18:42   #3155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Check for Marantz distributor in Delhi or Mumbai. They can usually ship these stuff to Delhi.
Thanks Vid Bhai for sharing the insight on current prices. I will check local audio stores for pricing before buying. My room size is 12ftx20ft and I do not have any constraint in terms of speaker size as far as it remains a bookshelf speaker. My purchase is still some time away as I am waiting for my Diwali bonus . Please update once you go ahead with your purchase.

Last edited by ampere : 29th September 2018 at 21:46. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 10th October 2018, 16:53   #3156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
am trying to find the right universal remote for my set up (TV, Soundbar, PS4 as blu ray player, Apple TV and DTH). Any recommendations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
You can have a look at the Harmony series from Logitech..

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/harmo...versal-remotes

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded my HT and purchased a Harmony elite hub to act as a universal remote. Much to my dismay, it only controls the IR operated devices and not the RF ones. So, here is my problem:

- In addition to all the components (IR or app controlled) my screen and projector lift (both Grandview make) are only RF controlled. Hence i', now having to work with three remotes instead of the ideal One.

Have any of you faced & solved a similar problem. I did read quite a few blogs online about IR to RF converters but i'm too lazy for this DIY. Any ready made solutions??

- D
Old 12th November 2018, 11:14   #3157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I love your home theater rig.
Could you provide details of the same in home theater thread.
The thread is linked below.
Thanks in advance.

Home Theater Thread
This is a very old setup that I installed about 8 years back, and could be heavily outdated in today's technology. Following are the components:

Denon AVR 2311
Polk Audio Tower Speakers - TSi400
Polk Audio Center Speaker - CS10
Polk Audio Subwoofer - PSW110
Polk Audio Rear Speakers - TSi100
Old 12th November 2018, 21:57   #3158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
This is a very old setup that I installed about 8 years back, and could be heavily outdated in today's technology.
Thank you for the reply.
The set up looks great. Special kudos for maintaining this rig for last 8 years.
The specs of the components are mighty impressive for that time.
Old 13th November 2018, 10:49   #3159
BHPian

Just got hold of a Chromecast Audio off OLX yesterday. I've connected it to the Edifier Studio 7 (R2700) in the living room over RCA cable. After enabling hi-res output in the Chromecast, there is a remarkable improvement in sound quality.

I've been listening to music on the Edifier's were via to the TV over TOSLINK for over 4 years now. I never knew that the speakers sound this good.

This also completes my multi-room setup.
  • Google Home Mini in bedroom
  • Google Home Mini in the kitchen
  • Chromecast Audio in the living room
Old 13th November 2018, 12:08   #3160
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
This is a very old setup that I installed about 8 years back, and could be heavily outdated in today's technology. Following are the components:

Denon AVR 2311
Polk Audio Tower Speakers - TSi400
Polk Audio Center Speaker - CS10
Polk Audio Subwoofer - PSW110
Polk Audio Rear Speakers - TSi100
Speakers will not be outdated that easily and that soon - I still see the same speaker set being recommended and being sold.
AVR is a different story, as new features and gimmicks keep on being invented, electronics items will soon look old and out dated. However if your AVR has enough power to drive your speakers and all functions are working fine, I would not consider it outdated.
Good set up by the way - hope you keep on enjoying it!
Old 13th November 2018, 12:15   #3161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Speakers will not be outdated that easily and that soon - I still see the same speaker set being recommended and being sold.
AVR is a different story, as new features and gimmicks keep on being invented, electronics items will soon look old and out dated. However if your AVR has enough power to drive your speakers and all functions are working fine, I would not consider it outdated.
Good set up by the way - hope you keep on enjoying it!
Thank you Yes. The system is performing very well and I am totally enjoying it. In the past 8 years, the amplifier board in the subwoofer has failed twice and I had to replace it at a cost of about 4.5K each time. Other than this no other issues (touchwood)!
Old 21st November 2018, 21:23   #3162
BHPian

Added a new centre channel speaker to my setup, Dali Zensor Pico Vokal recently.

Loved the performance so far, waiting for the burn-in period to complete
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Theater thread-videocapture_20181121212026.jpg  

punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 11:53   #3163
BHPian

Loved seeing all the setups in this thread.

I have a real retro setup - almost 20 years old! I have a Yamaha RX-V630RDS receiver (connected from my TV via digital optical audio), connected to a Bose Acoustimass Single Cube 5.1 speaker setup. Everything is original, even the cabling and power adaptors.

Love this setup and I am pretty sure it will outlive me and my family! Honestly have not heard many other setups recently that can compare.

Would love to hear if anyone else has any other retro setups running as well.
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:18   #3164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is a very old setup that I installed about 8 years back, and could be heavily outdated in today's technology.
I also have a different brand set up like this probably more than a decade old. I bought a Chromecast cast audio and connected it through optical cable. It is by far the best home audio solution I have seen. Better than cd quality and the convenience of Google plau music + assistant. You do have to spend 90 INR a month on subscription as I like things ad free.
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:42   #3165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I have a real retro setup - almost 20 years old! I have a Yamaha RX-V630RDS receiver (connected from my TV via digital optical audio), connected to a Bose Acoustimass Single Cube 5.1 speaker setup. Everything is original, even the cabling and power adaptors. Love this setup and I am pretty sure it will outlive me and my family! Honestly have not heard many other setups recently that can compare. Would love to hear if anyone else has any other retro setups running as well.
I have a 1973 Pioneer SX-434 receiver connected to a Technics direct drive turntable. I guess that qualifies for a retro set-up. It has a Shure cartridge and I love the sound when it sings. Pure analog thing.

Sharing some pictures:
The Home Theater thread-img_6466.jpg

The Home Theater thread-img_6467.jpg

The Home Theater thread-img_6468.jpg

The Home Theater thread-img_6469.jpg
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks