Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2019, 11:35   #3241
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Your situation is similar to mine. Hated those 7 seconds of interruption, in Mom's apartment, before DG would start. So we got this electrician who said DG and UPS cannot co-exist and divided the home into two parts. Now my 75 inch LED, the Bose (and Denon), one set of living room lights, one fan, bathrooms and one room get power from UPS rated at 150 (APC is fantastic). These are not connected to DG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
apartment where a change from BESCOM to DG, the entire TV and connected devices shut off.
Old 27th June 2019, 14:16   #3242
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thank You Diyguy & Sebring.

I will get a 1 KVA UPS and check how it works. Worst case, can connect some of the not-so-critical components out side the UPS coverage like how you suggested the sub woofer.
Old 2nd July 2019, 15:32   #3243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Thank You Diyguy & Sebring.

I will get a 1 KVA UPS and check how it works. Worst case, can connect some of the not-so-critical components out side the UPS coverage like how you suggested the sub woofer.
Hi,

You can also check 1 KVA Eaton Online UPS.
I recently bought this for Rs 13500 plus taxes.
Old 2nd July 2019, 18:40   #3244
Senior - BHPian

@ nasirkaka - Get a 2kva APC online UPS .You would want to put the TV, AVR and the powered sub through this. ( I am assuming your sub is powered). You dont want the sub not protected by a UPS. I know, I lost my Infinity Sub to a sudden power outage.
The Dish and modem can stay independent, though their consumption is minuscule.
You TV should take around 350 watts, what AVR do you have? I am assuming it should take another 500 watts. So you are already pushing close to 1000 watts. Add extra for a sub.
The idea is that the components do not suddenly switch off when an outage happens and you have enough time for a safe switch off.
The APC SRC series are compact. You would ofcourse need external batteries.
Old 12th July 2019, 16:51   #3245
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ nasirkaka - Get a 2kva APC online UPS .You would want to put the TV, AVR and the powered sub through this. ( I am assuming your sub is powered). You dont want the sub not protected by a UPS. I know, I lost my Infinity Sub to a sudden power outage.
The Dish and modem can stay independent, though their consumption is minuscule.
You TV should take around 350 watts, what AVR do you have? I am assuming it should take another 500 watts. So you are already pushing close to 1000 watts. Add extra for a sub.
The idea is that the components do not suddenly switch off when an outage happens and you have enough time for a safe switch off.
The APC SRC series are compact. You would ofcourse need external batteries.
Thanks! I was ideally looking at something which can be placed close to the TV area and not with a separate battery. The sub is powered separately. Its an Onkyo sub. Even the AVR is Onkyo TX NR 509. AVR consumes 370W, i am assuming that will include the 5 speakers conneced to it, minus the sub. TV should be under 100W, its a 42" LG 4k LED. Sub i don't mind connecting separately but directly through a stabilizer. STB will hardly consume much. So do i really have to go for a 2KVA, or will 1 KVA suffice. We have 24 hours power backup through DG, i am only looking at covering few seconds break when power goes and DG switches on. Apart from damage to equipment, Whats bugging is all the systems have to restart and takes a while to restore back to what was being watches earlier.
Old 12th July 2019, 22:11   #3246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Can someone please suggest a decent sound bar under 25k. And if anyone is using, then please share the feedback.
I have a JBL SB250 and it's very well balanced soundbar. It has very good voice clarity and punchy bass for watching movies and shows.
It lacks inbuilt Equalizer and relies on the Equalizer of TV or phone.

I got it in Amazon for 10500
Old 6th August 2019, 17:48   #3247
Senior - BHPian

I have attached the woofer of my 2.1 creative system to my TV for additional bass. Now I want to use remaining two satellite speakers with my PC.

Is there an away I can connect these speakers to 3.5mm audio output of my PC?

I bought an adapter '3.5mm Stereo Male to 2 RCA Female' but the audio output is feeble as the satellite speakers are passive.

Link

Is there a way out or any small adapter/amplifier through which I can make use of my 2 speakers?
Old 7th August 2019, 10:48   #3248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Is there a way out or any small adapter/amplifier through which I can make use of my 2 speakers?
Your creative speakers are likely to use a RCA ending cable and no amplifier comes with an output that supports this connector. You can cut the terminals and bare wire it to an amplifier. Then again, you are not going to find a amplifier that is cheap enough to do such a thing. Easier to buy another pair of quality 2.0 speakers which will come < Rs. 1000 ( eg: Creative SBS A50).

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 7th August 2019 at 10:50.
Old 9th September 2019, 09:00   #3249
Distinguished - BHPian

Regarding pairing sound bar with fireTV stick

Need a help from the sound gurus here. I have a TV with 2 HDMI ports.One of them is ARC. I use Amazon Prime via fireTV. I intend to buy a soundbar with HDMI input. I am not sure if i connect the sound bar to the ARC HDMI and the fireTV stick to the normal HDMI on the TV, will the sound output be from the soundbar or via the TV speakers? If not, is there a way where i can put in any source to the non ARC HDMI on TV but always get the output via the sound bar bypassing the TV speakers.

Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 09:50   #3250
Team-BHP Support

Re: Regarding pairing sound bar with fireTV stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Need a help from the sound gurus here. I have a TV with 2 HDMI ports.One of them is ARC. I use Amazon Prime via fireTV. I intend to buy a soundbar with HDMI input. I am not sure if i connect the sound bar to the ARC HDMI and the fireTV stick to the normal HDMI on the TV, will the sound output be from the soundbar or via the TV speakers? If not, is there a way where i can put in any source to the non ARC HDMI on TV but always get the output via the sound bar bypassing the TV speakers.

Thanks
That is whole point of HDMI ARC. You connect the soundbar through the ARC then the soundbar is synced with the TV. If you connect any device to the other HDMI port on the TV the audio will be from sound bar, cause the HDMI ARC sends only audio part to the soundbar but video is through TV. This can even be configured from TV menus.

The soundbar even turns on when you turn on the TV as well as volume control is also available.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th September 2019 at 10:11. Reason: Typo
Old 9th September 2019, 11:23   #3251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If not, is there a way where i can put in any source to the non ARC HDMI on TV but always get the output via the sound bar bypassing the TV speakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The soundbar even turns on when you turn on the TV as well as volume control is also available.
Wouldn't optical audio be superior to hdmi? I am not very certain, but I have three setups at home and all are through optical. Never tried ARC, though I suppose it would be very handy to use just the one remote for volume control.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:24   #3252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Wouldn't optical audio be superior to hdmi? I am not very certain, but I have three setups at home and all are through optical. Never tried ARC, though I suppose it would be very handy to use just the one remote for volume control.
On the contrary. Optical audio doesn't support any of the new audio protocols like Dolby Atmos and some old optical interfaces don't even support 5.1.

HDMI is far superior digital than optical.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:47   #3253
Distinguished - BHPian

Gurus, I have a confusion regarding ARC connections. My TV & soundbar support HDMI ARC. Also I have a D2H set top box. which is connected to the TV through HDMI cable. The soundbar is currently connected to the TV through bluetooth. Please let me know if & how can I connect my set top box, TV & soundbar using ARC.

Thanks.
Old 9th September 2019, 12:37   #3254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Gurus, I have a confusion regarding ARC connections. My TV & soundbar support HDMI ARC. Also I have a D2H set top box. which is connected to the TV through HDMI cable. The soundbar is currently connected to the TV through bluetooth. Please let me know if & how can I connect my set top box, TV & soundbar using ARC.

Thanks.
If you keep fire TV in non ARC port the HDMI ARC port is supposed to send the Audio to sound dock. It works for my 2011 Panasonic plasma.

In case it does not work for you recommend keeping it simple with a HDMI port splitter / replicator where 1 in results in 2 out like below

Farraige 2 Port Bi-Directional Manual HDMI Switch 2in1 or 1 in 2 Out HDMI Splitter Supports 4K 2K 3D Full HD 1080p https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07T85D62N/..._DLFDDbJM9S988
Old 9th September 2019, 13:02   #3255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
If you keep fire TV in non ARC port the HDMI ARC port is supposed to send the Audio to sound dock. It works for my 2011 Panasonic plasma.
Thanks for the reply.

I don't use a firestick (if that was what you meant ). I have a smart TV whose input is through HDMI port from set top box. How does exactly the ARC port helps to reduce wires is what I wanted to know and how should I connect my soundbar using ARC.

Regards,
Saket

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks