Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2019, 19:01   #3256
BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I don't use a firestick (if that was what you meant ). I have a smart TV whose input is through HDMI port from set top box. How does exactly the ARC port helps to reduce wires is what I wanted to know and how should I connect my soundbar using ARC.

Regards,
Saket
Connect your set top box to the normal HDMI port in the TV. Connect your soundbar to the HDMI ARC port in the TV.

ARC (audio return channel) is used to send video to the TV and return the audio to the source - in case your source is an AVR which is connected to a home theater - using one HDMI cable.

Last edited by emkay.india : 10th September 2019 at 19:07. Reason: Updated about ARC
Old 10th September 2019, 19:50   #3257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
Connect your set top box to the normal HDMI port in the TV. Connect your soundbar to the HDMI ARC port in the TV.

ARC (audio return channel) is used to send video to the TV and return the audio to the source - in case your source is an AVR which is connected to a home theater - using one HDMI cable.
Thanks for the explanation.
So, in my case, it doesn’t help much in reducing cable clutter; isn’t it because I could connect the soundbar to audio out on the TV too?
But good for AVR.

Thanks!
Old 10th September 2019, 20:26   #3258
BHPian

I have a Bose Cinemate Series II Home Theatre system. It is connected to my TV through the optical cable. The other input available is 2 RCA. Is there any way I can connect my phone through Bluetooth to play songs?
Old 10th September 2019, 20:33   #3259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
I have a Bose Cinemate Series II Home Theatre system. It is connected to my TV through the optical cable. The other input available is 2 RCA. Is there any way I can connect my phone through Bluetooth to play songs?
Get a Bluetooth receiver that can pair to your phone and output to a 3.5 mm and a 3.5 to RCA cable. Should do the trick.

https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-HA100-...gateway&sr=8-7

This package has everything you need.. find something similar.
Old 10th September 2019, 20:46   #3260
BHPian

Quote:
Bose has a bluetooth receiver. Use that.
Old 10th September 2019, 23:05   #3261
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any way I can connect my phone through Bluetooth to play songs?
If yout TV is smart you can connect to it from your phone. Or get a smart dongle like the fire tv or chromecast with which you can do the same. The Bluetooth connectors are kind of flaky and sometimes lose connectivity when you walk between the phone and the receiver. I have a Sony and have quit using it due to that. I have the cinemate too and stream to the TV either YouTube or Amazon music.
You can also do the same with the Alexa range of devices over wifi instead of Bluetooth.
Old 11th September 2019, 03:42   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
get a smart dongle like the fire tv or chromecast with which you can do the same.
I don't have a Smart TV. I wanted to use the Home Theatre to listen to music only without switching on the TV. I will definitely have a look at the Dongles for other uses. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Get a Bluetooth receiver that can pair to your phone and output to a 3.5 mm and a 3.5 to RCA cable.
The link that you mentioned is exactly what I was looking for. Will have a look at some other packages as well. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
Bose has a bluetooth receiver.
I checked the Bose Bluetooth receiver on their website. Amazon showed it as unavailable. I will have a look at the Bose Store rather than buying it directly off Amazon. Thank you.
Old 11th September 2019, 12:02   #3263
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to use the Home Theatre to listen to music only without switching on the TV.
Do explore the Amazon Alexa range as well if you want to stream music to your HT setup. It can do a lot more at the same cost as an expensive BT receiver.
Old 11th September 2019, 21:06   #3264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Do explore the Amazon Alexa range as well if you want to stream music to your HT setup. It can do a lot more at the same cost as an expensive BT receiver.
Amazon music quality is not that great. Oh well...its on a Bose so why even bother about SQ.
kotirajendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 00:02   #3265
BHPian

Hi everyone

I'm relocating to India from the US early next year and I'd like to bring with me a home theater setup (speakers and amplifier).

Was looking at Klipsch - it looks like I can get 5 channel Klipsch speakers (the basic ones, not dolby) for about $550 (I already have a Klipsch sub). Are there any other brand recommendations? Also, any recommendations on where to buy them?
Old 14th September 2019, 08:19   #3266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Was looking at Klipsch
Wharfedale is supposedly a great alternative to Klipsch, plus it's a bit cheaper too.
I have watched a couple of ProYouTubers own a KEF speakers, which have a very slim form factor, good if your new home will have space constrictions.
Old 14th September 2019, 16:42   #3267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Also, any recommendations on where to buy them?
You should take into consideration ability to service your brand. Also recommend you purchase power conditioners and other protection possible for your equipment to run here. I had purchased a 800$ Yamaha receiver from the US about 8 years back and purchased the speakers and sub in India from Music Square. The receiver had dual hdmi output which I was using as one to TV and another to my projector. In about three to four years of usage, the hdmi board of my receiver got spoilt with the receiver being unable to output video. I was using a power conditioner from the US and believe it was not a power issue. However I had a 50ft hdmi cable connected to the projector, which I learnt later, can build up static electricity during cyclonic weather and damage the board.
I have not fixed this yet and continue to use the receiver only for sound now.
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:22   #3268
BHPian

I was looking to buy a decent sound bar, my budget is 10k. Please recommend some options.

Last edited by chetan : 3rd October 2019 at 10:25.
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:36   #3269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
I was looking to buy a decent sound bar, my budget is 10k. Please recommend some options.
https://www.amazon.in/Blaupunkt-SBW-.../dp/B07MWCRDZQ

I got this one a couple of months ago for 8.5K. Seems to be retailing for lower now and you can get debit card discounts as well. Very good for the price and supports HDMI ARC. Dolby support is welcome feature. For the budget, you won't be disappointed.
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:36   #3270
Distinguished - BHPian

There are a lot of very affordable soundbars on sale right now in Amazon. There is a unit from Polk Audio with a subwoofer, it retails at 15K, I feel that's a good deal. Soundbars need a sub to help them along.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks