Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2022, 23:50   #3676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That's not a bad price. I finally pulled the trigger on the full system of SONOS on the auspicious day of Dussera.

Sonos Arc
Sonos SL ( 2 No's)
Sonos Sub (Gen 3)

My living room is 40 Feet X 30 Feet and if required will add another Gen 3 Sub, if not happy. But, I am told my the sales advisor this set up will still blow my mind away.

Since I wanted them in White to match the decor of my home. They are. on back-order and will get delivery in 2-3 weeks.
Happy Diwali to you all.

I ordered the SONOS sound system during Dussera and they delivered it on Diwali. Is't that awesome?

However, they just delivered the ARC + SL ONE's.

SUB will be delivered in next few days.

I bought separately SANUS speaker stands that is made specifically for SONOS SL ONE's. The Sonos ones are pretty expensive at $250 ++

These speaker stand costed me $129++ has great reviews everywhere for it's sturdiness, build quality, fit & finish.

ARC + SONOS SL's

The Home Theater thread-img_0212.jpg

SANUS speaker stands

The Home Theater thread-img_0404.jpg

Can't wait for the SUB to be delivered so I can install everything at the same time. Till then POLK zindabad.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 13:32   #3677

Quote:

Finally, SONOS ARC just blew my mind away. It's sound stage is phenomenal and when its paired with SONOS SUB, SL ONE's the entire experience is surreal and totally immersive.

In summary, I have decided to go for SONOS ARC.

P.S : My recommendation is to take a demo of the SONOS Arc and you will not be disappointed.
I am looking for Sonos beam gen 2.

What worries me about Sonos is only 1 year warranty.

Sonos stuff can not be repaired in India.

What to do in case of failure after 1 year ?
Old 4th November 2022, 08:24   #3678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Joshi View Post
I am looking for Sonos beam gen 2.

What worries me about Sonos is only 1 year warranty.

Sonos stuff can not be repaired in India.

What to do in case of failure after 1 year ?
Sonos gives 2 years warranty in the US. It's surprising their warranty policies isn't standard across the globe.

I would recommend to go ahead and buy it as I know some friends who are owning Sonos in India since more than a decade back and they've had no issues with it.

After my last 2-3 months of research on building my home theatre, I realized SONOS is a religion here in the US and the following for this brand is unexpectedly high and praise it gets is unbridled.

In other news, my SONOS SUB GEN 3 arrived a few days ago and now my home theatre is complete.

I will probably write a short review of this system in the coming weeks as I would rate this system #1 Wireless Home Theatre in the Market under $2500.

If someone is looking for a wireless HT, Don't even look at any other HT. I would recommend this with eyes closed.

Music with its ATMOS capability is so full, crystal clear and with SUB added, it is bringing our home down.

This is how a $900 SUB looks like. Isn't she a piece of art?..Probably one of the best looking SUB in the market

The Home Theater thread-img_0808.jpg

The Home Theater thread-img_0812.jpg

The Home Theater thread-img_0811.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th November 2022 at 08:27.
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 21:12   #3679
BHPian

Hello gurus,
I'm looking for suggestions for making my current setup better.
Right now I'm not looking for any major upgrade in speakers or other hardware but mainly trying to make my existing setup easier to use.
I have an old 5.1 speaker set (F&D F6000u) connected to my TV (Samsung Frame 2021).
I wish to retain my speakers for now because frankly they sound pretty good and are quite adequate for my living room.
The problem I'm facing is with connectivity.
The speakers being old support only 3.5mm jack and RCA inputs. So, to be able to connect to my TV (which does not have RCA out), I use a separate D2A converter.
The specific one I have is this

This is how my setup looks.
The Home Theater thread-presentation1.jpg

This setup works well enough but the problem is being an optical connection, the TV remote cannot be used to control the volume.
Also occasionally, the sound output becomes garbled in the D2A converter and I have to cycle its mode for it to come back.

I would like to address this main hassle of connectivity and ease of use.
Can anyone suggest any options to connect all 6 channels of my speakers but also being able to connect to the TV seamlessly? I know I need a AV receiver but those seem very expensive. Are there cheaper options?
Old 4th November 2022, 21:32   #3680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
Hello gurus,

I would like to address this main hassle of connectivity and ease of use.
Can anyone suggest any options to connect all 6 channels of my speakers but also being able to connect to the TV seamlessly? I know I need a AV receiver but those seem very expensive. Are there cheaper options?
I have used FiiO D03K for almost a decade and haven't faced any issue with it. Try using that.

I guess F&D6000 U has a remote so maybe a universal remote trained for both would help.
kotirajendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 10:32   #3681
BHPian

Got a Bose Soundbar 900 and bass module 700. Was contemplating Bose/Sonos and finally selected Bose
Found out later that our neighbor has got a Sonos(soundbar + sub woofer).

Configured Adaptiq and the soundstage is much better. At certain low frequencies, I see that the bass module has a rattling effect(not always though).

Any Bose experts who would know the issue and can suggest workaround?
4WheelPilot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 07:21   #3682
BHPian

Can someone point me to good resources that would help me understand and perform sound treatment for my HT.

I have a rectangular 10 feet by 20 feet room, no furniture, definitely needs some kind of treatment
Old 29th November 2022, 20:07   #3683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
Got a Bose Soundbar 900 and bass module 700. Was contemplating Bose/Sonos and finally selected Bose

Configured Adaptiq and the soundstage is much better. At certain low frequencies, I see that the bass module has a rattling effect(not always though).

Did you also consider the Sony HT A7000 or HT A9 with subwoofer? I am very confused right now given there are mixed reviews for both of them
Old 29th November 2022, 20:29   #3684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Did you also consider the Sony HT A7000 or HT A9 with subwoofer? I am very confused right now given there are mixed reviews for both of them
Sony HT A7000 is in similar price range as Bose Soundbar 900.
I had visited Bose showrooms and must have done 2,3 demos of Soundbar 900, Soundbar 700 with bass module 700. The Bose showrooms are always silent as there are few customers walking in and hence I really liked it.
I know there are mixed reviews everywhere for Bose 900 and Sony HT A7000 which makes it really confusing.
I would suggest you to visit both stores are listen to both(music and movies) and then decide. I must say I am very happy with Bose and after Adaptiq configuration, the problem I mentioned in my above post has vanished.
Old 1st December 2022, 01:14   #3685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post

Congratulations. Did you get just the sounder and subwoofer?

What about the satellite speakers to take care of the surround function?

Care to share the price of the same?

Also, curious to know the differences between the Bose and Sonos? I did a similar comparison and had shortlisted the Bose Vs Samsung vs. Sonos.

I got the Sonos and currently in heaven from an overall sound quality perspective. Never in my life, music or movies sounded this good.
Old 1st December 2022, 12:05   #3686
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

Our 15 year old Onkyo A/V Receiver has stopped working. We are looking forward to buying an entry level receiver receiver from Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon, Sony etc. Does anyone know about any online website or store in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai where we can find these? The A/V receiver scene is quite sad in India compared to the US. The entry level Denon is costing somewhere between 35-40k.

We are also looking at asking my brother to get an A/V receiver from USA and he shall carry the same to India next year. Will there be any issue with customs? What are some good sites to view A/V receivers in the US? We came across Best Buy and Amazon. Entry level Onkyo(SR-393) and Sony DH-590 etc. are available for available for less than 300$ in the US.
Old 1st December 2022, 12:21   #3687
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. Did you get just the sounder and subwoofer?

What about the satellite speakers to take care of the surround function?

Care to share the price of the same?

Also, curious to know the differences between the Bose and Sonos? I did a similar comparison and had shortlisted the Bose Vs Samsung vs. Sonos.

I got the Sonos and currently in heaven from an overall sound quality perspective. Never in my life, music or movies sounded this good.
Thank You so much!!
I did not go for the surround set because in India they haven't launched the 360 degree surround set and what we have is the old one.
Frankly speaking, I was in two minds - Bose or Sonos. Bose had a showroom here and I must have visited 2,3 times for demos. Sonos doesn't have a dedicated showroom here and any purchase would have been online.
I went for Diwali deal and it costed be 1.45 Lakhs for SB900 + BM700.
I must say I love the sound quality. Music and 5.1 movies are so clear and after Adaptiq you really get to hear sounds from wider areas than the length of the Soundbar itself!!
Old 1st December 2022, 16:39   #3688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Can someone point me to good resources that would help me understand and perform sound treatment for my HT.

I have a rectangular 10 feet by 20 feet room, no furniture, definitely needs some kind of treatment
You can try https://www.auralexchange.com/. I have read some good reviews about them. I personally have not yet used their services.
Old 1st December 2022, 16:53   #3689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Hello everyone,

Our 15 year old Onkyo A/V Receiver has stopped working. We are looking forward to buying an entry level receiver receiver from Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon, Sony etc. Does anyone know about any online website or store in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai where we can find these?
You can check this thread for some addresses. Some others are:
pjbiju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 18:49   #3690
BHPian

Has anybody here purchased products from www.vplak.com? Their website seems trustworthy and the prices are quite good. Please let me know whether I can trust them with my monies.

Right now I want to buy a Marantz PM6007 amp and a pair of KEF Q350 speakers. Vplak seems to be the only website that has stock of the Marantz amp.

Most Viewed