Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2022, 19:00   #3631
BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post
I bought the Bose Soundbar 900
Exactly the thread I was looking for. Even I had called the MG road showroom and they informed that Soundbar 900 is now available. Did you check with them regarding Bose service station. Heard it is shut in India so did that bother you?
Old 24th April 2022, 21:25   #3632
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a sound bar for less than 25k for my Samsung 50 QLED TV. The TV audio is just fine but just looking to add something extra. I'm not an expert and not looking for very hi fi 5.1 setup due to budget and space constraints. Just a sound bar which can do the job in my budget. If there are any recommendation, I would love to hear. Just a quick search on Amazon showed me Yamaha SR-B20A. Is it ok for my requirements? Any other suggestions?
Got to know that Samsung sound bars have feature where my TV speaker could also be used in tendem. Should i consider Samsung for this feature?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 24th April 2022 at 21:31.
Old 25th April 2022, 15:49   #3633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
Did you check with them regarding Bose service station. Heard it is shut in India so did that bother you?
I spoke with the manager there, he said this purchase comes with a 15day replacement warranty for any issues and also 1 year service warranty. I did not hear about Bose shutting down its service stations in India.

Besides I have the Soundlink 1 and the Soundlink 3 since they were put up for sale and haven't had any issues for almost a decade. My friend has the Sounbar700 and another has one of the hometheater product and neither has had any service requirements. That being said, past performance of other products of a brand does definitely not guarantee it's new offering's reliability always but I'm optimistic that this will be a troublefree ownership for me.
blahman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 17:57   #3634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post
I spoke with the manager there, he said this purchase comes with a 15day replacement warranty for any issues and also 1 year service warranty.
Head from few of my friends and also in this forum that Bose is closing its service station in India. I also have a 8 year old Soundtouch 20 bought from a refurbished store in US and it works like a charm

Not that I doubt Bose product but when you buy something for such a high price and if things don't work, not having a service station is definitely a deterrent.
Old 25th April 2022, 18:17   #3635
Senior - BHPian

Hehe, I definitely remember I read last year that Bose is closing ALL of their retail stores and outlets both in North America and Europe. I don't remember reading any news about axing the service centers anywhere, however. This could be just a rumor. People might have misinterpreted or mistaken for the retail network closure.

What's the point of closing down both the COCO showrooms and the service network of a consumer product maker? Only certain MBAs can tell.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 23:43   #3636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Hehe, I definitely remember I read last year that Bose is closing ALL of their retail. People might have misinterpreted or mistaken for the retail network closure.

Only certain MBAs can tell.
You are absolutely right about them closing their own branded experience center/stores in North America, Japan and some other countries and continue with third party retail outlets to cut down costs. While it's definitely true that they have now shut shop and laid employees off in these regions, they haven't exited the business. Adding links below so we can put this confusion to rest:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/15/2...apan-australia

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...w/73309470.cms

And for why they are doing this:

Says Anindya Ghose, Heinz Riehl Chair professor of business at NYU and director of the NYU Stern master of science in business analytics program, “My sense is that this decision by Bose to close to many offline stores is dictated by cost economics. I do not see much of an impact on them because there are many third-party resellers carrying their products. In particular, as long as their products are available on Amazon, people will have easy access and a convenient method to buy.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marciat...st-profits/amp

Makes complete sense if you ask me.
blahman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 00:07   #3637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I am looking for a sound bar for less than 25k for my Samsung 50 QLED TV. Just a quick search on Amazon showed me Yamaha SR-B20A. Is it ok for my requirements? Any other suggestions?
Got to know that Samsung sound bars have feature where my TV speaker could also be used in tendem. Should i consider Samsung for this feature?
You should consider samsung q600a. Should come in your budget. It has Dolby Atmos and should support qsymphony with your TV.

I was waiting for over a year for a Dolby Atmos enabled soundbar. I was eyeing samsung q800a. As ill luck (or good luck) would have it, samsung could not deliver the soundbar ( i ordered from their estore- pathetic customer service. Don't buy from there). They finally refunded my money after multiple followups. Their people did not have any clue why the order was not delivered. They kept on saying -lot of demand Saar.
Finally saw that there was a huge discount on Samsung Q950A at Croma. Also got additional 6k discount using AMEX. It was delivered in 2 days flat. The sound blew me away!! It is a 11.1.4 Dolby Atmos system. Too bad, my samsung led is The frame 2019 and does not support Qsymphony. However , the movies really come to life now..Watched Extraction and 6 Underground and was simply taken aback by the sound stage. The wireless rear speakers (which have 3 speakers actually within each satellite) are a major reason for that

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th April 2022 at 07:52. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Thanks.
adg_andy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 05:54   #3638
Senior - BHPian

What's the final price you paid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Finally saw that there was a huge discount on Samsung Q950A at Croma. Also got additional 6k discount using AMEX. It was delivered in 2 days flat. The sound blew me away!! It is a 11.1.4 Dolby Atmos system
Old 26th April 2022, 09:15   #3639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
You should consider samsung q600a. Should come in your budget. It has Dolby Atmos and should support qsymphony with your TV.
Thank you for recommendation How is the sound quality? Is qsymphony feature worth and better than other sound bars from Yamaha / Sony / JBL etc in the similar budget?

If anyone else here in the forum is using Samsung q600a, could you please share your feedback?
Old 26th April 2022, 17:57   #3640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
What's the final price you paid?
Original price was 1.26 lakhs
Croma offer at 84k
Amex offer plus no cost emi - landing price - 78k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Thank you for recommendation How is the sound quality? Is qsymphony feature worth and better than other sound bars from Yamaha / Sony / JBL etc in the similar budget?

If anyone else here in the forum is using Samsung q600a, could you please share your feedback?
I heard the q600a at Croma. Sound is good for the price . Although it does not have rear satellite speakers, it decently fills up the room. I have a Sony HTRT3 as well in another room.. to give you a perspective, Sony is a bit bass heavy. Samsung q series has more bass but has more voice clarity as well. HTRT3 is a very good benchmark, I would say. If you just need 5.1 and Atmos is not necessary, you can go for HTRT3 or its elder cousin S40r from Sony. Qsymphony is more effective for filling up a very large room, but it is more gimmicky

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th April 2022 at 21:46. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks.
adg_andy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 18:55   #3641
Distinguished - BHPian

With a rather low budget of 30k, I had invested in a Logi Z906 more than a year ago and for my room, it is an excellent setup. The clarity of audio, the depth of bass and the overall capacity of the system is very impressive. So much that it has tuned my ears better now and I ended up upgrading sound on my car which I was planning to sell off.

Now with such an experience with the Z906, I need another setup in a hall and with the same budget of within 30k. I see two options, a Sony HTS 40R and again the Z906 again. Both are similarly priced.

The advantage with the Sony is it is a soundbar at front and and pair of wireless speakers which would look very clean when installed. But I am not sure about the sound quality. If it delivers average output compared to the Logi, then I would regret this purchase. On the other hand, the Logi is a known devil with the disadvantage being that it is fully wired, and doesnt have HDMI ARC input. Instead, I can only use Optical audio. Currently I use this with my PC and am okay with the sound quality.

Without extending my budget by a penny, what would be a better option between the two? Has anyone purchased the HTS 40R and can provide feedback? Or is there any other option within this price bracket which would be better? If there is a really good 3.1 channel soundbar I am okay with that as well if its output is better than the above two.
Old 9th May 2022, 19:01   #3642
BHPian

Had bought the LG G1 Soundbar (MRP on LG site 54990/-). Got this for 22k effectively during 2021 december. Very slim at 3.2 cm, but quite long- 1.2 metres. Comes with the usual wireless subwoofer, and has eARC input which works fine in playing Dolby Atmos.

This soundbar does not come with rear speakers, and the compatible wireless rear speaker model (SPK8-S) is not available in India. Had my cousin get a unit (~14k)from UK. Once paired, the music sounds more immersive.

Last edited by xotiq : 9th May 2022 at 19:06.
Old 10th May 2022, 03:49   #3643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Without extending my budget by a penny, what would be a better option between the two?
I've heard an iteration of that Sony minus Surround speakers. It was okay. This was at an Air BnB with the host living with us so could not really crank it up. Think of it as solution to improve TV audio with a priority towards convenience. Not for absolute impact in the room.

The Logitech, in my view, has a focus on Bass more than anything else. I could not get it to sound right in a room. Was better for close range listening where you don't need to play loud.

As you have Sony Center's its best you visit one of them and listen to the S40R.

On a more important note. This may or may not matter to you.

Many of these sound bars, the 40R included don't do anything more than Dolby Digital or even DTS in some cases. You can forget about Dolby True HD Master and the equivalent of DTS, though there is a less of the latter sound format floating around. I don't think you'd miss much as most streaming service don't go above Dolby Digital.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th May 2022 at 08:26. Reason: As requested.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 10:32   #3644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The advantage with the Sony is it is a soundbar at front and and pair of wireless speakers which would look very clean when installed. But I am not sure about the sound quality.
I purchased the Sony HTS500RF recently. I had planned to buy the HT S40R but after listening to both in Sony Centers, Reliance Digital and Croma I went for the HT S500RF instead of the S40R with the sound quality being better on this one compared to S40R.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 10:45   #3645
BHPian

I have a Sony MHC-VX333 sound system bought in 2001 that's now connected to TV's headphone out through MD input of Sony. I don't know if it's the output of the TV or the amplifier of Sony but the volume is not loud enough till I keep 23 (out of 30) in Sony. Btw, TV has headphone and optical output. HDMI doesn't have return channel (it's a basic model).

Is there any way I could an additional amplifier in between these 2 to boost the sound? If yes, please provide some suggestions as well. Thanks.

Last edited by emkay.india : 10th May 2022 at 10:47. Reason: Typo
emkay.india is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks