About a week into the HT research and first cut is this combination:

Receiver - Maranz SR6015
Front pair - Q acoustic 3050i floorstanding
Center - Q acoustic 3090ci
Surround pair - Mission LX-3D MKII2
Sub - Taga Harmony TSW 212SE
Ceiling Pair - Taga Harmony TCW380R

Budget: 2.5-3L for the audio setup.
The MRP for this combination above is 70-80K more than my budget. Have to call up other dealers and negotiate.

--Have a 65in TV already. So no projector.
--Living Room: 18X12 feet

Other requirements and thoughts: I could be way off the mark and some of these might sound naive to the pros but just figuring my way around the terminologies.

-- Decent 9.2 AV (11.2 seems like an overkill for me for now)
-- Floor standing is better overall than bookshelf for the front speakers.
-- Atmos is not really the future but is the present. Hence the Marantz.
-- Denon and Marantz is like Kia/Hyundai I suppose ?
--Am starting with a 5.1.2.(2 for the ceiling ). Can add more later once the budget allows. Hence the 9.2 requirement.
-- The Qacoustic and taga are based on my hunt done so far. Any better suggestions within this budget are welcome.
-- Polk is another strong contender for the ceiling.
-- Spend more on the sub,centre and front as compared to the surround /ceiling
-- Am reading horror stories about needing another Nvidia pro player even if your TV, the netflix/prime content and the AV supports Dolby atmos due to some complicated routing mechanisms. Dont understand much.
-- No wireless business. Will go through the pain of wiring up all these boxes for the ultimate experience.
-- Have not looked at Yamaha, JBL, Sonos, Klipsch etc. Should I go down that rabbit hole ? Are they all that-better sounding for the average Joe ?
-- Get the installing and configuration done by a professional. Any good HT dealer which you'd recommend in Bangalore? Going based on google now.

Any alternate recommendations for the rig setup are welcome ! Feel free to validate any of my assumptions too. Thank you.
Old 18th January 2022, 00:25   #3602
BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Any honest opinions on Bose? I have space constraints at home and hence looking for a premium soundbar setup instead of the traditional home theater setup. I have shortlisted the Bose Soundbar 700 package(soundbar, bass module, surround speakers) and the Lifestyle 600.
Youtube has mixed reviews(very few from India but mostly from the US) but one visit to the Bose store and experiencing the speakers is a different matter. They just sound so heavenly! It doesn’t have an Atmos setup but the soundstage is near perfect and immersive. They had offers during Diwali 2019,2020 but since then there are no discounts.
The Bose Soundbar 900 is out but no one is sure on when it is going to be launched in India.
Old 18th January 2022, 07:27   #3603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
Decent 9.2 AV (11.2 seems like an overkill for me for now)
You will be fine with the Marantz. Denon and Marantz share a lot of internal bits so you're unlikely you hear much of a difference.

Quote:
Floor standing is better overall than bookshelf for the front speakers.
You select your loudspeaker based on room size. If you have space, get a floor stand. If you do not, get a stand mount. The only catch with a stand mount is bass, which you anyway supplement with a good sub woofer. Usually, a well designed stand mount often sounds better than the floor stand that retails at a similar price. That is my observation. Other may have a different take on this.

Quote:
Atmos is not really the future but is the present. Hence the Marantz.
I am pretty sure that Denon can do Atmos too.

Quote:
Denon and Marantz is like Kia/Hyundai I suppose ?
Yupp

Quote:
The Qacoustic and taga are based on my hunt done so far. Any better suggestions within this budget are welcome.
I'd pass the Taga for a Sub woofer. You can do much better with the options that are out there. You're good with Q Acoustics for all the other speakers

Quote:
Polk is another strong contender for the ceiling.
Polk make some excellent speakers so well worth a listen before you put down any money. They generally rock pretty good for movies. Maybe a little brash, bass heavy for music. I've noticed that higher end models sound way better than their cheaper loudspeakers. As an example, an RtiA9 sounds a lot better than a RtiA5. Same speaker series, vastly different sound.

Quote:
Spend more on the sub,centre and front as compared to the surround /ceiling
Spot on.
Try and stick to one brand of loud speaker for the main 5 channels. Surround back and ceiling/Atmos can be a little mix and match. Preferably something with a similar sensitivity and power handling rating.

Quote:
Am reading horror stories about needing another Nvidia pro player even if your TV, the netflix/prime content and the AV supports Dolby atmos due to some complicated routing mechanisms. Dont understand much.
If your TV cannot pass Atmos from its HDMI eArc, then you're not going to get any Atmos. Make sure that works if Atmos is all you care about.
If the TV won't do Atmos, another device like an Apple TV 4K, etc is the simplest and easiest path to Atmos.

Quote:
No wireless business. Will go through the pain of wiring up all these boxes for the ultimate experience.
Good call.

Quote:
Have not looked at Yamaha, JBL, Sonos, Klipsch etc.
Yamaha and Klipsch are not to ignore. Both make excellent stereo and home cinema products.

Quote:
Any good HT dealer which you'd recommend in Bangalore?
Dev from Bass Treble based out of Coimbatore. I hope they are still in business.
98940 18283

Saif from Unique Systems, Bangalore

Do note that I've not dealt with the above two in over 5 years now. I did business with them a while back and this recommendation comes from that experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
Any honest opinions on Bose?
They are okay. If space is a problem, a sound bar is about the only thing that is compact enough and can take your sound quality a few notches above the TV.

Between a Bose sound bar and their little jewel cube speakers set up like the Lifestyle 600, I'd pick the latter.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 18th January 2022 at 07:51.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 14:25   #3604
Distinguished - BHPian

How to straighten speaker wires ?

I have a set of old speakers + wires, which I plan to use again. The speaker wires were stored by rolling in loops - something like this:

The Home Theater thread-img_4947.jpg

The wires I am looking to straighten are for surround speakers, and hence quite long.

How to straighten these ? Being old, The insulation may be brittle, too.
Old 19th January 2022, 07:11   #3605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How to straighten speaker wires ?
How about leaving them under your mattress for a few days?
If they are old, the insulation will likely break when you try and straighten them. Depends on the quality of the insulation that was used during manufacture. Straighten one bend by hand and see what happens.
Old 12th February 2022, 01:19   #3606
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, looking to get a soundbar with a budget of 10k. Don't mind going for any brand but would like to avoid the Chinese. My current TV is a Samsung. Kindly suggest.
Old 18th February 2022, 16:21   #3607
BHPian

Hi guys,

Hope you are doing good. I have Yamaha YHT-299 from 2014 that I used less often. Now I plan to move it to other smaller room so that it can be used more frequently.
Before that I want to upgrade the fronts as I feel the stock speakers lack details. So this will be used for music and movies(Have Sony Blu-Ray player too), and will connect FireStick.
I have limited budget, I was thinking of Micca mb42x that was available on amazon for like 9K. Its not available anymore. So I have decided to increase my budget till 21-22K max. I have shortlisted the below ones:

1>JBL Stage A120 ( A130 has rave reviews but not available, I checked with HiFiMart.
2>Mission MX1 seems in my budget too.
3>Mission LX1-MK2
4>Q Acoustics 3010i , on some sites it was for 21K.
5> Pls suggest any other

Also, will the above speakers be compatible with my AVR? I like a bit treble oriented detailed sound (Due to my AudioTechnica M50x and Fiio F9 Pro IEMs).
Also any links to buy will help
Old 18th February 2022, 18:09   #3608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Hey guys, looking to get a soundbar with a budget of 10k. Don't mind going for any brand but would like to avoid the Chinese. My current TV is a Samsung. Kindly suggest.
Check Sony HS350. A decent sound bar
saisree is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 19:12   #3609
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Check Sony HS350. A decent sound bar
I can only see the HT- S350 online and its worth 20k my man . My budget is 10k.
Old 18th February 2022, 19:46   #3610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I can only see the HT- S350 online and its worth 20k my man . My budget is 10k.
Check into Reliance Digital Store and ask for discounted Sound Bars.

My friend got a Infinity for 10K. Similar to the one below. It has a loud bass

https://www.reliancedigital.in/infin...t-/p/491936141
saisree is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 01:06   #3611
BHPian

Looking for a budget soundbar/soundbar+subwoofer for my grandparents. Don't want something with a lot of bass, the objective is to increase loudness of the telivision- reality shows and daily soaps.
Would prefer something with wiring with the Airtel xstream box (hdmi?)
The room is such that the TV is placed diagonally in one corner of the room so would prefer only soundbar.
No battery based/only wireless subwoofers plz.
Budget is preferably 10k but can be extended to around 15-20k.
Please do suggest.
Old 21st February 2022, 10:38   #3612
1:1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
Hi,

About a week into the HT research and first cut is this combination:

Receiver - Maranz SR6015
Front pair - Q acoustic 3050i floorstanding
Center - Q acoustic 3090ci
Surround pair - Mission LX-3D MKII2
Sub - Taga Harmony TSW 212SE
Ceiling Pair - Taga Harmony TCW380R
I know i am a bit late in the day but if you are to still pull the trigger here are my two bits

Surround- how is your home setup going to be? on flat wall just behind seating area or you have space behind your seating area say (2-3 feet?). If it is on the wall then try out bipolar speakers. One of the honest guys told me these works best if you are too close to the wall as the speakers are tilted inwards and give a better immersive effect.
https://hifimart.com/product/wharfed...-speaker-pair/

SUB- look at Velodyne, Elac or Polk I have demoed Taga and its not that great. Importantly don't go cheap on your SUB, your system wont sound as good as your money's worth if don't get the right one.
https://hifimart.com/product/elac-de...ubwoofer-html/

Ceiling Pair - You can go cheap on this have a look at Micca brand their stuff is really superb to the price you pay. It sounds better than other components that cost 2X of its price.
https://www.amazon.in/Reference-R-8C...08QQ9SB2&psc=1

Hope this helps.
1:1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 10:56   #3613
1:1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post

I was thinking of Micca mb42x

1>JBL Stage A120 ( A130 has rave reviews but not available, I checked with HiFiMart.
2>Mission MX1 seems in my budget too.
3>Mission LX1-MK2
4>Q Acoustics 3010i , on some sites it was for 21K.
5> Pls suggest any other

I think the MICCA RB42X would be just perfect, so would the other speakers mentioned but wont be a significant improvement over the Micca. RB42X have been highly rated in the price range. Your AVR can power any speakers upto 80w @ 8oms so it would support almost all the speakers listed above.
Currently the RB42X are not available anywhere, due to chip shortage. Many components are not available. If you can wait for another 6months then many are expecting a price drop and availability of components.

Micca RB42 is available on flipkart.
https://www.flipkart.com/micca-rb42-...01645421085535

Hope this helps.
1:1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 11:19   #3614
BHPian

Require a suggestion for a source for a pair of active speakers. I would like to have a media player/music source to connect to my active speakers.

Requirements are -

Bluetooth - preferably AptX
FLAC, WAV capabilities
SPDIF Coax/Optical/analog outs.
Clean sound - not looking at very very high fidelity
Any kind of app based remote operations would be welcome

Thank you!
Old 21st February 2022, 12:04   #3615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1:1 View Post
I think the MICCA RB42X would be just perfect, so would the other speakers mentioned but wont be a significant improvement over the Micca. RB42X have been highly rated in the price range. Your AVR can power any speakers upto 80w @ 8oms so it would support almost all the speakers listed above.
Currently the RB42X are not available anywhere, due to chip shortage. Many components are not available. If you can wait for another 6months then many are expecting a price drop and availability of components.

Micca RB42 is available on flipkart.
https://www.flipkart.com/micca-rb42-...01645421085535

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. But I didn't find any information on RB42x. All I could find was info about RB42 only.
I contacted one seller on amazon, he said that the MB42x would be available by March end, not sure about that though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks