Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2022, 19:45   #31846
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Google India also tweeted about Pixel 7 & Pixel 7 Pro coming to India soon. Also, that tweet is also pinned.
Can anyone make right guesses about what would be the price of Pixel 7 & Pixel 7 Pro considering the price at which Pixel 6a got launched.
Old 25th September 2022, 23:45   #31847
BHPian

A weird issue on Samsung Galaxy S21FE - Netflix app will show Widevine as L3, no HDR and, only SD if downloaded from playstore. But if it is downloaded from Galaxy Store, everything works as it's supposed to. This has happened after a system update, don't remember which one.
Old 26th September 2022, 08:02   #31848
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
A weird issue on Samsung Galaxy S21FE - Netflix app will show Widevine as L3, no HDR and, only SD if downloaded from playstore. But if it is downloaded from Galaxy Store, everything works as it's supposed to. This has happened after a system update, don't remember which one.
Looks like a bug in the corporate business policy than a software issue.

Issues like this had compelled me to get a nord after a long string of buying Samsung products. But then Galwan happened and i went back to FE21. Elbowing between Samsung Store and Google Play is very evident. And the list of un-disableable apps keeps growing. I guess I'll live with this, because Samsung is avoiding a mistake Huawei committed - not having its own app Store.

Fact remains that even those who pay 4.5 times the typical minimum monthly wages are being treated as "products" and pawns in the global oil, weapons and IPR business.

- Another happy S21FE user who is not comfortable with being happy.
Old 26th September 2022, 15:22   #31849
BHPian

Hello Team-BHPians,

Does anyone know which is the appropriate charging adapter to buy for Google Pixel 6a. Also, I'm not able to locate the information where I wanted to know upto what watts of charging is suitable for this phone.

Any links for references will be beneficial.

Update:
Just found a Google Charging Adapter. See below link for reference:

https://www.flipkart.com/google-30w-...60b9f5697594fd

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 26th September 2022 at 15:27. Reason: Added product link.
Old 26th September 2022, 17:39   #31850

Hi,

Anyone using pixel 6a? How's the heating situation on it, is it as bad as the tech channels are showing on YouTube?
Old 27th September 2022, 22:02   #31851
BHPian

People with old Samsung phones in store, beware.

dragonfire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 17:25   #31852
BHPian

A friend showed me their old Moto G phone. There are all these Wi-Fi networks saved on it (around 100 or so)

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-45715c5c40334e38ad431bbdee70786a.jpeg

They don’t even remember connecting to any of these networks.

Is this a cause for concern? The phone is just being used as a spare now, with no SIM. Still, security violations are not to be taken lightly
aan nhu mare? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 01:02   #31853
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team-BHPians,

Does anyone know which is the appropriate charging adapter to buy for Google Pixel 6a. Also, I'm not able to locate the information where I wanted to know upto what watts of charging is suitable for this phone.

Any links for references will be beneficial.

Update:
Just found a Google Charging Adapter. See below link for reference:

https://www.flipkart.com/google-30w-...60b9f5697594fd
You can use any 20W charger for pixel6A. Samsung is running very good offers on its fast charger on flipkart. Check it out - SAMSUNG Original 25W , USB -C Compatible Power Adaptor for all Samsung Devices (Fast Charge 2.0) (White)
anish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 00:28   #31854
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anyone know which is the appropriate charging adapter to buy for Google Pixel 6a. :
How is the phone? Does the battery last through the day on a single charge? Any heating issues or software bugs. Too bad the 6A is a Flipkart exclusive and can't be checked out in person at a next door store.
Old 30th September 2022, 07:44   #31855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
A friend showed me their old Moto G phone. There are all these Wi-Fi networks saved on it (around 100 or so)

Attachment 2362709

They don’t even remember connecting to any of these networks.

Is this a cause for concern? The phone is just being used as a spare now, with no SIM. Still, security violations are not to be taken lightly
Have never seen something like this. Were the settings set to connect to public WiFi where available? Better to do a hard reset and set it up again.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 10:20   #31856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
How is the phone? Does the battery last through the day on a single charge? Any heating issues or software bugs. Too bad the 6A is a Flipkart exclusive and can't be checked out in person at a next door store.
Hi manson,

I've not explored the phone properly for the fear of battery getting drained out as I haven't received the charger which I ordered a couple of days back.

I'll share the details once arrival of charger & proper usage of device.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:11   #31857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
There are all these Wi-Fi networks saved on it (around 100 or so)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Have never seen something like this.
I also thought long about this. The only benign explanation I can think of is a buggy support app for an IoT device.

Many IoT devices I've seen connect with their controller app via WiFi, and to establish this first connection they act as an AP with a seemingly random SSID to which the controller app connects, makes initial configuration changes (which include setting up a persistent WiFi network access) and then disconnects. This looks like such an app saving these networks instead of treating them as ephemeral ones.

The Fitbits and Chromecasts in my household are configured this way; but they don't leave such dirty footprints behind.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 11:25   #31858

Quote:
Hi manson,

I've not explored the phone properly for the fear of battery getting drained out as I haven't received the charger which I ordered a couple of days back.

I'll share the details once arrival of charger & proper usage of device.
Hi,

Could you please let us know how the phone is? As per the reviews on Flipkart, the phone does heat up a lot in regular tasks as well. Not sure how much of it is true.
Old 5th October 2022, 18:35   #31859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Have never seen something like this. Were the settings set to connect to public WiFi where available? Better to do a hard reset and set it up again.
No, settings were not set like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I also thought long about this. The only benign explanation I can think of is a buggy support app for an IoT device.
But they don't have any IoT devices.

Thanks for your inputs. While the phone is no longer used as a primary device, it is a bit worrying to see such unfamiliar footprints. Guess a hard reset is the way to go
Old 7th October 2022, 14:11   #31860
BHPian

Got myself a Samsung S21FE from Flipkart big billion days couple of weeks back. Was using an LG G7 which I bought during Amazon sale for 19k in 2019, such a great high quality flagship phone. Was a sucker for G7's compact solid built, HiFi Quad DAC enabled 3.5mm audio jack and camera hardware with GCam. Loved the LG G7 experience so much that I bought an LG G8X for my wife during a Flipkart sale for 22k in 2021, great phone. Eventually the G7 became slow, weak battery and with recently cracked screen I exchanged it for 5k including Flipkart's 3k exchange offer for the S21FE. My requirement was a camera centric phone with decent specs to last 3-4 years for around 25k budget. I was ready to order the S20FE when S21FE price drop was announced. Been using the S21FE for the last two weeks and I really like the output from all the three rear cameras especially the nice portraits coming out of the telephoto zoom camera. Posting couple of unedited pictures captured in a gloomy day.

Clean portrait shot from the 3x optical zoom camera.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20221007wa0015.jpg

The ultra wide camera captures really wide images.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20221005wa0010.jpg
Torino is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed