BHPian

Re: Android applications

App name - Air Horn
Free/Charge - Free
What it does - A simple app to play a Mimic a Air Horn
How it performs - ***

App name - Android Sensor Data
Free/Charge - Free
What it does - Shows the sensor reading of the mobile.
How it performs - ****

App name - Androidify
Free/Charge - Free
What it does - Create an Android you
How it performs - ****

App name - Flash Light
Free/Charge - Free
What it does - Has a LED flash light option, screen light, police lights, etc
How it performs - ****

App name - Mood Scanner
Free/Charge - Free
What it does - Scans your thumb and sometimes makes sense.
How it performs - ***

App name - MultiTouch Tester
Free/Charge - Free
What it does - Test how many maximum touch points your screen can allow.
How it performs - ****

App name - Tricorder
Free/Charge - Free
What it does - Amazing App, real fun and really detailed.
How it performs - ****

App name - deciBel
Free/Charge - Free
What it does - Shows the dBs using the mic
How it performs - ***

App name - Screen Crack
Free/Charge - Free
What it does - Shows a cracked screen, fun to fool friends
How it performs - ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
For everyone who use their phone as more of a multimedia device, i seriously recommend both of these.

This is an automotive app. Worth buying if you really want to know whats going on in your

App name - Torque
Free/Charge - Paid, expensive.
What it does - A lot of things you never thought your phone could do. Please check out the link of all the details. Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle
How it performs (your rating) - AWESOME!
I found two similar apps, but just showing the times and speeds

App name - SpeedView
Free/Charge - Free/Paid
What it does - Shows 0-100, 1/4th mile, top speed
How it performs - ****

App name - Car Performance
Free/Charge - Free/Paid
What it does - Shows 0-60, 0-100, 0-60 feet, 0-330 feet, 1/8th mile, 1000 feet, 1/4th mile, trap speeds at each marker, Top Speed.
How it performs - *****

Last edited by abhayshanu : 11th March 2011 at 23:57.
Old 12th March 2011, 02:14   #2252
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Last week I went to buy the Motorola Defy @ 18500. But after looking at the samsung new SL9003 @ 19500 I got confused again. Giving 1K extra we get more ram, cpu, latest OS, better screen...

Please help
Go buy the Galaxy SL. Motorola defy or HTC Desire both dont make any sense to me given that Galaxy SL is available for 19k.
Old 12th March 2011, 07:35   #2253
BHPian

Updated my galaxy s i9003 to KB2 firmware. Its still froyo 2.2.1 but this may be a bug fix update. Glad to know Samsung is rolling out the updates
. M yet to figure out what this update is really for ...
Old 12th March 2011, 08:32   #2254
BHPian

not able to find the SL yet. on Ebay its going at Rs. 18,795, but I am not too keen in buying it online. :(
Old 12th March 2011, 10:44   #2255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
not able to find the SL yet. on Ebay its going at Rs. 18,795, but I am not too keen in buying it online. :(
You can try flipkart. I personally haven't used there service yet but I have heard good reviews about them here on TBHP. Also I think they have a option of paying cash on delivery- you can explore that too.
Old 12th March 2011, 10:54   #2256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
I get a lock pretty quickly too, but sometimes it takes about 2 min. This happens only when I am indoor though. So guess the issue then is with the location.

I didn't catch your point on offline maps. How do you do that? Is this possible on google maps?

Also, I just realised that the GPS does not lock when there is no map available (as in when I keep the gprs off).
I guess he's referring to map tiles cached in SD cards. If the cached tiles are the same with the online maps it wont download from the net.

Quote:
Have you checked the quality of the video? Some videos are of very low quality and have very bad audio.
Dude, I can hear through speaker very well only when I plug the earphones only the audio level become very low.

Yes, quality is also good and I've tried with other video files too, results were not encouraging.

Today I am going to convert it to another format with a up scaled volume settings and see how it works.
Old 12th March 2011, 11:14   #2257
Senior - BHPian

Hello Android ppl,

I am currently on Blackberry and looking at switching to Android. This will be my first Android phone ever. My key requirements are
1. Good Battery
2. Email Support
3. Decent Camera

I have short listed the below
1. Samsung Galaxy i9003
2. SE Xperia X10

Which of the 2 is a better one. I know Xperia Arc is launching soon but thats going to be priced >25k. So cant really stretch my budget that much. Xperia X10 i guess is around 21k here in Ahmedabad & i9003 is 19.5k

Thanks.
Old 12th March 2011, 11:23   #2258
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android applications

If any of you are using the following app:
1) Cardio Trainer
2) AG Indian Newspaper
3) Dolphin Browser
4) Guitar Solo Lite
5) Expense Manager , then updates for these are available .

Cardio Trainer has biggest file size of update at 5.66 mb, have not seen what's new in that, but hope that it's even better now.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 12th March 2011 at 11:34.
Old 12th March 2011, 11:36   #2259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I get a lock pretty quickly too, but sometimes it takes about 2 min. This happens only when I am indoor though. So guess the issue then is with the location.

I didn't catch your point on offline maps. How do you do that? Is this possible on google maps?

Also, I just realised that the GPS does not lock when there is no map available (as in when I keep the gprs off).

Have you checked the quality of the video? Some videos are of very low quality and have very bad audio.
I'm referring to offline maps cached in the sd card.you can have several ways of getting this offline maps. They are discussed in detail several pages back.

Yes, you need gprs for gps to work, because it is assisted gps.

Last edited by clevermax : 12th March 2011 at 11:38.
Old 12th March 2011, 14:24   #2260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I am currently on Blackberry and looking at switching to Android. This will be my first Android phone ever. My key requirements are
1. Good Battery
2. Email Support
3. Decent Camera

I have short listed the below
1. Samsung Galaxy i9003
2. SE Xperia X10

Which of the 2 is a better one. I know Xperia Arc is launching soon but thats going to be priced >25k. So cant really stretch my budget that much. Xperia X10 i guess is around 21k here in Ahmedabad & i9003 is 19.5k

Thanks.
Get the x10. It has better battery life and has a capable camera. Galaxy lags in battery life and camera (from experience of owning both). Email support is good in both.
Old 12th March 2011, 14:38   #2261

If your budget is 15K, then I would recommend Nokia X6-01 for you. It has got the latest Symbian 3 OS(same as in N8), an 8 megapixel camera and it even supports multi touch zooming.
And if you are insist in buying an android phone, then Samsung galaxy S is a good option but that again would cost 20k+.
So, considering your budget I would suggest the LG Optimus One which has got the latest android software and it comes with lots of other goodies.
Dell XCD28 is another phone that you can look up to.I beleive that it is the best VFM phone.
Old 12th March 2011, 15:03   #2262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Get the x10. It has better battery life and has a capable camera. Galaxy lags in battery life and camera (from experience of owning both). Email support is good in both.
Thanks for the info. I too some how liked the over package of Xperia better than the Galaxy. No offence to anyone. Personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravindMelepat View Post
If your budget is 15K, then I would recommend Nokia X6-01 for you. It has got the latest Symbian 3 OS(same as in N8), an 8 megapixel camera and it even supports multi touch zooming.
And if you are insist in buying an android phone, then Samsung galaxy S is a good option but that again would cost 20k+.
So, considering your budget I would suggest the LG Optimus One which has got the latest android software and it comes with lots of other goodies.
Dell XCD28 is another phone that you can look up to.I beleive that it is the best VFM phone.
I am not a symbian touch OS Fan. Also, I have a friend using X6 and he isnt too happy with the battery life & email interface. My previous phone was a symbian and i like to try different OS SO its Android time now. I will check whats on offer and will pick between i9003 & X10.

Thanks Guys.
Old 12th March 2011, 15:59   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravindMelepat View Post
symbian is seriously dead now, so really no point in getting a Symbian based Nokia unless one doesnt give two hoots about OS and UI and App support and stuff.
Old 12th March 2011, 16:20   #2264
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I too some how liked the over package of Xperia better than the Galaxy. No offence to anyone. Personal opinion.

I am not a symbian touch OS Fan. Also, I have a friend using X6 and he isnt too happy with the battery life & email interface. My previous phone was a symbian and i like to try different OS SO its Android time now. I will check whats on offer and will pick between i9003 & X10.

Thanks Guys.
@ Harsha , I would suggest Galaxy anyday than Xperia . I have seen many people using sony ericsson x10 in my office and when i say many people its literally 80 of them . And trust me they are not happy with it .
It might have the best camera , best media player , but when it comes to user interface , battery life , receiving calls , its not the phone to use . This is worse when it comes to the x series with Android 1.5 or Android 1.6 . I am not sure about the spec of the phone which is sold currently in India .

I am not so sure if you have seen Galaxy in person . To me even I had been in your situation a couple of months ago . I never liked Samsung ( I am normally a fan of Korean products ) and I was thinking of buyung an HTC / Motorola / Sony Ericsson . But trust me once I went and saw the phone and used it , get to knw the feel of the phone , trust me it just blew me off . Though my initial budget was around 150 pounds , I ended up buying Nexus S for 430 pounds .
Even though i bought nexus ( for its A 2.3.2 version ) , for a much more user experience , i still consider samsung galaxy s would be a better phone .

And I rest my case :-)

Edit :- If 15k is the budget , buy the Galaxy Ace S 5830
Android 2.2
800 mhz processer -( galazy s i 9003 is 1ghz )

Rest of the specs are almost similar . You can do a comparison in any of the related websites .

Last edited by rejoycjohn : 12th March 2011 at 16:32.
Old 12th March 2011, 16:24   #2265
BHPian

Quote:

Do keep in mind that you'll be stuck with the now-obsolete android 2.1 for the rest of your life.Sony made it clear that it wont bother with the xperia series anymore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks