Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:57   #6316
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Folks, any inputs on the new Xperia NEO V? Looks like an incredible phone for around Rs.17k. Best thing is Sony says it'll be upgradable to Ice Cream Sandwich in a few months.
At its price point is looks unbeatable on specs. Am also looking to buy it within this month.

Only doubt is whether I should go for original Neo having 8mp camera which is also available on Ebay for 17.5k but only difference is that its only available with Seller's warranty.
Old 22nd October 2011, 16:00   #6317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearOn View Post
Only doubt is whether I should go for original Neo having 8mp camera which is also available on Ebay for 17.5k but only difference is that its only available with Seller's warranty.
The camera is not a deal breaker at all. The 5MP in NEO V gives as crisp pictures. With the original Neo, you'll get the older Android Froyo and most importantly it'll not be upgradable to 4.0.
Old 22nd October 2011, 16:31   #6318
Senior - BHPian

Clevermax - that is Ritesh Sahu. His SMS app is a must-install for me. Now thiswill be as well. Really well done by him
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 16:35   #6319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The camera is not a deal breaker at all. The 5MP in NEO V gives as crisp pictures. With the original Neo, you'll get the older Android Froyo and most importantly it'll not be upgradable to 4.0.
Available at Adexmart for Rs. 15,490 which is a steal. Never heard of this site though before.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V MT11i - adexmart
Old 22nd October 2011, 16:53   #6320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Clevermax - that is Ritesh Sahu. His SMS app is a must-install for me. Now thiswill be as well. Really well done by him
Yes! One of my main worries while migrating ROMs was that call history will be lost. Now it is just two taps and that's all!
Old 22nd October 2011, 19:50   #6321
BHPian

Samsung Galaxy SL owners I need some advice. The 4gb internal memory in my phone has been divided as 2 gb internal memory + 2 gb internal sd card.

Whenever I move my applications using app 2 sd, it moves it into my internal Sd card and not to my 16 gb external memory card. Any way I can transfer all the installed applications to my external sd card?
Old 22nd October 2011, 21:00   #6322
Senior - BHPian

Guys: Is the Dual Core processor really helpful? Or is it better to stick to a 1.5 GHZ phone?

I would prefer Android phones!!

Suggestions welcome!
Old 22nd October 2011, 21:01   #6323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor
Samsung Galaxy SL owners I need some advice. The 4gb internal memory in my phone has been divided as 2 gb internal memory + 2 gb internal sd card.

Whenever I move my applications using app 2 sd, it moves it into my internal Sd card and not to my 16 gb external memory card. Any way I can transfer all the installed applications to my external sd card?
I think you can give A2SD+ a try. It needs to have an ext3/ext4 partition in your sd card. You need to be a rooted user for that to work.
Old 22nd October 2011, 22:38   #6324
Senior - BHPian

headers baba,

how can i tell u whether just polo 1.6 will suffice your need for speed, or if you need a civic, or something like a bimmer

You TD all of them first, no? n tell us the price range
Old 22nd October 2011, 23:04   #6325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
headers baba,

how can i tell u whether just polo 1.6 will suffice your need for speed, or if you need a civic, or something like a bimmer

You TD all of them first, no? n tell us the price range
Ok..i need a stable phone which helps me access my mails, play games, watch videos, use GPS, good battery life and clarity in talking in noisy environments and ability to withstand a fair degree of rough use

Budget not a constraint if I can find a device that satisfies the above and lasts for sometime

I presently use a galaxy 3 with android 2.1 and find it lacking in some of the above. For instance I can't play angry birds higher levels easily.

Last edited by Amartya : 23rd October 2011 at 00:38. Reason: Please use the Edit post feature when posting again within 20 minutes.Also, use the multi-quote feature to quote multiple posts.
Old 23rd October 2011, 05:13   #6326
Senior - BHPian

I might be a broken record - but the defy does all of that. or see the new xperia active!

or worst case, consider the HTC Incredible S, Sensation etc - they are all brilliant!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 07:25   #6327
Senior - BHPian

Thank you. Should I go for defy or defy+

In fact I was checking about htc incredible too..

Was confused
Did not have much opinion about sony ericcson.

Thanks.

Last edited by headers : 23rd October 2011 at 07:29.
Old 23rd October 2011, 11:00   #6328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax

I think you can give A2SD+ a try. It needs to have an ext3/ext4 partition in your sd card. You need to be a rooted user for that to work.
Can you explain what a "rooted user" is?
Old 23rd October 2011, 12:05   #6329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor

Can you explain what a "rooted user" is?
It's already explained pages back. an Android phone is a Linux based computing system. By default, you as a user do not have super user rights or administrator rights in your phone. Manufacturers ship their phones so in order to avoid misuse of such permissions which can screw up the phone. a process called rooting will give your superuser rights in your phone.
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:29   #6330
Senior - BHPian

Droid Explorer

For those of you who don't want to type in commands in a terminal while playing with the Linux system in your Android, here's a UI for doing all that - Droid Explorer.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-droidexp.png

Tested and it works fine while connected through cable, but crashes while trying to connect using WiFi - adb connect through TCP/IP seems to have some issues with this app.

You can even view and control the phone's screen from PC using screen cast Java application which is bundled with this one.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks