Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2012, 14:34   #8131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR
I am going to sue google. They said something about play, and all I get is a renamed market app. I was looking forward to something like a music / video freebie counter.
Am equally disappointed too!! But isn't that music... books and stuff limited only to certain regions outside India?? I remember reading so somewhere. Am unable locate the source ATM
Old 10th March 2012, 17:14   #8132
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi all,Thinking of buying either a s2 or galaxy R,but galaxy R seems to be out of stock in most of the online stores.

Has samsung stopped the production? is there any other fone as good as galaxy R? s2 is 30k and i some how feel 30k for a fone is too much
If you were considering the galaxy R take a look at the motorola Atrix 2
Old 10th March 2012, 17:26   #8133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi all,Thinking of buying either a s2 or galaxy R,but galaxy R seems to be out of stock in most of the online stores.

Has samsung stopped the production? is there any other fone as good as galaxy R? s2 is 30k and i some how feel 30k for a fone is too much
Htc Sensation is now available for 23.5k and should be more than a good alternate to Galaxy R .
karty_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 18:26   #8134
BHPian

Hi Android gurus.
I have an i9000 and would like some pointers as to which rom to install. I have tried team hacksung, ics sgs and the major miui versions but found none of them to my liking. Seems to me that ics builds are not yet stable enough. Major concern for a rom is battery life and smooth everyday performance.
Thanks in advance
Old 11th March 2012, 03:26   #8135
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I gave my Galaxy Nexus (PRIME) to my girlfriend as she dropped and broken the display of her Nexus S. I got myself Galaxy note and I'm loving it. Initially i was a bit skeptical about its size but now i'm ok with it, looks good in hand.

It has some great Motion features, overall its a good package. What i miss is ICS, does anyone know by when will NOTE get ICS update?

Ravi
Old 11th March 2012, 07:07   #8136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825
Hi Guys,
Initially i was a bit skeptical about its size but now i'm ok with it, looks good in hand.

Ravi
Hi Ravi,

I have been using a note from 2 months and the phone grows on us

Size is just right for me as i have large hands. My other phones look puny now.

ICS for note is expected in April, as told by my friend (who is in the industry). He also mentioned new Notes will have ICS much earlier.
Old 11th March 2012, 15:02   #8137
BANNED

Hi all,Any idea where i can get the best price for sgs2? i have a deal for 29k as of now
Old 11th March 2012, 22:04   #8138
Senior - BHPian

It happened with me while using CM7 twice, and today it happened again on MIUI.

THE MYSTERIOUS PROBLEM OF CALL LOGS AND CONTACTS DISAPPEARING.

It happens very randomly, and you won't even remember doing anything special when this happens. I am sure many have faced this issue - that's what the several Android forums say - but there is no reason or solution yet, apart from suggestions to play around with sync and all.

Luckily I had a nandroid backup taken two days ago, restored to that and everything was ok.

I am not asking for a solution, but just telling everyone with a working recovery program like CWM to take full backups once in a week or so.

Last edited by clevermax : 11th March 2012 at 22:13.
Old 12th March 2012, 01:01   #8139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Htc Sensation is now available for 23.5k ...... .
Where? On Flipkart it's about 29.5 !!
Old 12th March 2012, 06:22   #8140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

It happens very randomly, and you won't even remember doing anything special when this happens. I am sure many have faced this issue - that's what the several Android forums say - but there is no reason or solution yet, apart from suggestions to play around with sync and all.

Luckily I had a nandroid backup taken two days ago, restored to that and everything was ok.

I am not asking for a solution, but just telling everyone with a working recovery program like CWM to take full backups once in a week or so.
There is a tweak in CM7 to tick "Ask before clearing call logs". Please enable that!

And make sure all your contact groups are "visible" under contacts settings.
Old 12th March 2012, 06:49   #8141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax

It happened to me once when I used corporate sync on my defy running Miui. I first thought it was some wrong option while setting up MS exchange acc. Coz it never happened before or ever after removing that account.
Old 12th March 2012, 07:59   #8142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani

Where? On Flipkart it's about 29.5 !!
Try on letsbuy. Unless It's some mistake they are quoting it for 23.9k. Surprising price really.
Old 12th March 2012, 09:10   #8143
BHPian

Finally! Took more than half a day to root & install custom ROM on wife's HTC wildfire S. Went with CM7. Had a plentiful learning. Tried partitioning the internal memory without first backing up the SD card! Wife never used to get more than a day battery. Guess CM7 easily will last 3 to 4 days. She doesn't uses any 2G or 3G. Most of the HTC crap is waste. Of-course CM7 means no sense UI.

Is there a better ROM with Sense UI, without any HTC crap (or facebook, twitter, what not)?
Old 12th March 2012, 09:43   #8144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers

There is a tweak in CM7 to tick "Ask before clearing call logs". Please enable that!

And make sure all your contact groups are "visible" under contacts settings.
These are already tried out, three issue seems to be more mysterious than messing up with these settings.

If your google with 'call logs and contacts gone Android' or something like that, you can see several people reporting this issue but nobody figured out why it happened.
Old 12th March 2012, 11:53   #8145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Finally! Took more than half a day to root & install custom ROM on wife's HTC wildfire S. Went with CM7. Had a plentiful learning. Tried partitioning the internal memory without first backing up the SD card! Wife never used to get more than a day battery. Guess CM7 easily will last 3 to 4 days. She doesn't uses any 2G or 3G. Most of the HTC crap is waste. Of-course CM7 means no sense UI.

Is there a better ROM with Sense UI, without any HTC crap (or facebook, twitter, what not)?
Search for Sense roms at the Wildfire S forum on xda. CM7 is basic android and i recommend the sense UI for females as it is much more appealing and easy to use

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks