Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2014, 20:48   #18091
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
How about the Lenovo P780? It has the largest battery of all mobile phones, which easily last 2-3 days at least. It has decent specs for the price IMO:
1) 1.2 GHz Quad core
2) Expandable memory
3) 5 inch screen
4) 8 MP camera

http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-p780/...c-6295d02665df

My friend's sister has been using this phone for last 6 months without any issues.
Just bought Lenovo S860 for Mom few days back. It's better looking than P780 with 5.5 inch screen, Quad core proc, 16 GB internal storage and 4000mAh battery. It will also get latest Android KitKat update soon as per Lenovo. Available for 18k at ebay and 19-20k at snapdeal and thedoitstore.com

http://www.ebay.in/itm/The-Latest-Le...c6b1447&_uhb=1
Old 6th May 2014, 21:08   #18092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Just bought Lenovo S860 for Mom few days back. It's better looking than P780 with 5.5 inch screen, Quad core proc, 16 GB internal storage and 4000mAh battery. It will also get latest Android KitKat update soon as per Lenovo. Available for 18k at ebay and 19-20k at snapdeal and thedoitstore.com

Thanks dude. I had seen that phone, but since the person who asked the question in first place, has a limited budget of max 16k, so I suggested P780. But stretching the budget by 2-3k should be worth it.
Old 6th May 2014, 22:13   #18093
BHPian

Anybody here know how much to expect for a Oct2013 bought 2012 Google Nexus 7 16GB tablet with a flip-cover? After purchasing a smartphone I no longer find a use for it.
Old 7th May 2014, 18:12   #18094
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Thanks dude. I had seen that phone, but since the person who asked the question in first place, has a limited budget of max 16k, so I suggested P780. But stretching the budget by 2-3k should be worth it.
I am tempted towards S860, however, it is little out of budget. I am also thinking about S660. This looks to be coming well under my budget. Any feedback on S660 vs Moto G?
Old 7th May 2014, 18:39   #18095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Anyone here as issue with volume control button for Nexus 5 on kitkat?
Volume control button as such works fine without any issues on my Nexus 5 running Kitkat 4.4.2. What issue are you facing?
Old 8th May 2014, 00:18   #18096
BHPian

Moto g update after a month and a half:

Well, I can safely conclude that the moto g is the best Android phone I have ever owned. I recently got my hands on the Sony xperia ultra t2 and the moto g absolutely blows it outta the water in terms of performance. And for those who think the camera is insufficient, believe me, it isn't! I have about 60+ apps installed and not even once, did the moto g stutter. 1 gb ram is as good as 2 gb since there's absolutely no unnecessary bloatware. Touch here, touch there, it responds the way you want it to. The screen is absolutely phenomenonal. The body is even great. It took a few drops and I tried my best to look for scratches but nope, not a single scratch to the screen and no damage done to the edges. Dropped it in the washbasin once, obviously by mistake, it got soaked but still, nothing happened. I let it dry for an hour under a hot and bright table lamp. The music, now what do I say about the music, it's amazing through the loudspeaker and brilliant through some quality headphones. The only drawback I've ever had is the stock charger charges at an incredibly slow rate but then again, it's due to the output of the stock charger. I use another charger with a higher output and it solved the problem. Battery backup is about 2 days for me. Some people insist on the fact that (even I did) that android phones last for a few months till they become haphazardly slow and dull, my old galaxy pop became ridiculously slow after a month but this, the moto g, it ain't showing any such signs :-). You can imagine what a rooted and custom flashed moto g would behave like if the stock one itself is blazing fast. No reported glitches from my side, though some users reported of a few, but nothing heart wrenching. Anyways I believe the moto g is future proof. I don't need a 4k capable, heart rate sensing, calorie measuring, know it all smartphone. The moto g suffices, ticks all the boxes for me, but then again, to each their own. A few pictures from the camera I took today. Need I mention that I typed this from my moto :-)

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-cymera_20140507_235723.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-cymera_20140507_162113.jpg
Old 8th May 2014, 11:02   #18097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Moto g update after a month and a half:

Well, I can safely conclude that the moto g is the best Android phone I have ever owned.

A few pictures from the camera I took today. Need I mention that I typed this from my moto :-)
Thanks for the review. How is the call clarity and network coverage ?

One tip - it is not a good idea to point a camera directly at a bright light source like the sun. It can cause damage to the camera sensor.

Rohan
Old 8th May 2014, 11:07   #18098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Thanks for the review. How is the call clarity and network coverage ?

One tip - it is not a good idea to point a camera directly at a bright light source like the sun. It can cause damage to the camera sensor.

Rohan
Call quality is good, not a problem, network coverage sometimes drops, not a major problem since it mostly just drops by one bar or two. Overall, no problem with connectivity. :-)
Old 8th May 2014, 13:33   #18099
Senior - BHPian

Z2 price in India announced. Priced at Rs. 49,990/-. Bundled with Sony Smartband & original flipcase.
Old 8th May 2014, 13:55   #18100

Nah gonna wait for the z2 ultra maybe. Seriously 49k! These guys are going overboard with pricing. Good job going with the moto g @createrkid. I may too. Was gonna get the T2 Ultra but no forum on XDA means no buy from my side.
Old 8th May 2014, 17:55   #18101
Senior - BHPian

I am looking at Moto G for official use since it has dual SIM.
@createrkid: Thank you for your input.
The Moto E will be announced on 13th and the price will be lower than Moto G. Leaked specifications indicate that it is a really low end device.

The high end phone is expected closer to holiday season when people tend to splurge.
Old 9th May 2014, 06:18   #18102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Volume control button as such works fine without any issues on my Nexus 5 running Kitkat 4.4.2. What issue are you facing?
This is on a Nexus 4 with Kitkat. Cant reduce/increase volume during a call.
Old 9th May 2014, 10:05   #18103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Moto g update after a month and a half
Are these pics straight out of cam? Look a little processed. All reviews indicate the cam is weakest link here. That is what is holding me back. Some reviewers even suggested a firmware update might improve things a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The Moto E will be announced on 13th and the price will be lower than Moto G. Leaked specifications indicate that it is a really low end device.

The high end phone is expected closer to holiday season when people tend to splurge.
What are the speculated specs?

Looks like Moto is keen to take on the likes of MMX/Karbonn in the Indian market!
Old 9th May 2014, 10:53   #18104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Are these pics straight out of cam? Look a little processed.
Yup, they're camera pics itself but I don't use the stock camera, I use another app which has way more settings to adjust light exposure etc.
Old 9th May 2014, 11:17   #18105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

What are the speculated specs?

Looks like Moto is keen to take on the likes of MMX/Karbonn in the Indian market!
Quote:
Moto E specs:
  • 4.3 inch display
  • 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
  • 1.2 GHz dual core processor
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 4 GB internal memory
  • 5 MP primary camera
  • Google Android v4.4 KitKat
  • 1900 mAh battery
Source http://www.mobigyaan.com/dual-sim-mo...imported-india

Most Viewed