Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2017, 18:00   #25711
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
The Z play is the expensive model at 25k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Moto G5 plus over the Z play:

Take your pick.
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone3=7469

(The G3 is her current phone)

So the thing is, G3 to G5 doesn't look much of an upgrade to me. :-) So thanks, I think I'll stick to the Z Play but without mods (hopefully that is also fine).
Old 15th May 2017, 18:47   #25712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone3=7469

(The G3 is her current phone)

So the thing is, G3 to G5 doesn't look much of an upgrade to me. :-) So thanks, I think I'll stick to the Z Play but without mods (hopefully that is also fine).
Been using the z play for a few months now and the battery is astounding! I flat out get 2 days with my usage. If you keep the phone going just for a few calls and the odd message, you are looking at 3 days.

Sometimes, a few apps stutter and dont open well. The os does not freeze but the apps do. I attribute this to the apps nougat update not being great (facebook, wassapp etc).

I would get the z play all over again just for the battery.

Its one of those mid range phones that just chugs along and really doesnt catch too much attention because of its awesome specs or gazillion ram and such. Like a mahindra bolero i dare say. It just gets the job done well.
Old 20th May 2017, 22:37   #25713
BHPian

I recently bought Lenovo P2 during Flipkart sale. The problem is Volte not working . I also updated the phone's software to latest Android Nougat but still I am unable to use Jio as there is no volte being displayed in settings. Can anyone tell me how to activate Volte in my phone?
Old 20th May 2017, 23:35   #25714
Senior - BHPian

Don't power phone with both sim enabled. Enable jio on slot 1. Wait for it to display volte, then enable other sim.
Old 21st May 2017, 01:10   #25715
BHPian

Updated my phone to Android O via beta program OTA.
Has subtle improvements as well as a refreshed UI.
Old 21st May 2017, 08:43   #25716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Been using the z play for a few months now and the battery is astounding!
Thanks. Ordered it on 15/5, got it in hand yesterday. Took a while for it to upgrade from Marshmallow to Nougat (goes through all the intermediate patch releases as well, looks like). First look, it is a superb phone.

One problem is that it simply does not connect to mobile data network at all. She has a 4G subscription but this gets no data connection - so far when on the move, she's been using it tethered to mine. Need to call Airtel and sort it out. I have deleted all APNs and got accurate ones delivered via their IVRS, but no luck yet. And yes, the (only) SIM is in slot 1.
Old 21st May 2017, 10:34   #25717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Thanks. Ordered it on 15/5, got it in hand yesterday. Took a while for it to upgrade from Marshmallow to Nougat (goes through all the intermediate patch releases as well, looks like). First look, it is a superb phone.

One problem is that it simply does not connect to mobile data network at all. She has a 4G subscription but this gets no data connection - so far when on the move, she's been using it tethered to mine. Need to call Airtel and sort it out. I have deleted all APNs and got accurate ones delivered via their IVRS, but no luck yet. And yes, the (only) SIM is in slot 1.

Please try different sim cards/operators. Also try a different sim on the same operator. Testing will help you pinpoint whether the problem is with the device, or from the operator's side.
Old 21st May 2017, 10:37   #25718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Please try different sim cards/operators. Also try a different sim on the same operator. Testing will help you pinpoint whether the problem is with the device, or from the operator's side.
I just called 121; they claim data services was deactivated for some reason and now they have fixed the problem. I was on some promotional scheme that was discontinued it seems.
Old 21st May 2017, 17:47   #25719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Congrats on the purchase.
Been using this spigen clear case for the past 1 year. Retails at 1199. But it's a wonderful product. I haven't used any screen guard till date and it does a great job at protecting the phone. Highly recommended.
Well, that case is far from 'fancy'. It needs to be with some nice design or glitter or something.
The screenguard on the phone is this one:
http://www.amazon.in/Skinomi%C2%AE-M.../dp/B01BG2B7XE
Old 22nd May 2017, 15:38   #25720
BHPian

Bought the Samsung S8 Plus last week. Totally in love with the gorgeous screen.

+ves
1) Screen - Just look at it.
2) Superior performance - Games do not heat up the device as much as some other phones I have used in the past.
3) Battery Life - Fantastic. I have been averaging 6+ hours SOT with ~4 hours of gaming thrown in. Will easily last the whole day.
4) Lots of customizations available out of the box. Coming from the near stock experience of a OnePlus device. It is a refreshing change.
5) There are still some freebies on offer which need to be redeemed from the My Galaxy app. I got a free TUMI case which is yet to arrive.

-ves
1) Samsung UI is still not as slick as iOS. There are so many ways to do one thing it can get a little messy.
2) Expensive.
3) Screen protectors don't play well with the curved display.

Overall, a great device.
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:42   #25721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Been using the z play for a few months now and the battery is astounding! I flat out get 2 days with my usage. If you keep the phone going just for a few calls and the odd message, you are looking at 3 days.
That is the reason I purchased Lenovo P2 - Power efficient Snapdragon 625 chipset coupled with a monster 5100mah battery. It goes 3 days on a single charge.
Old 23rd May 2017, 14:29   #25722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
That is the reason I purchased Lenovo P2 - Power efficient Snapdragon 625 chipset coupled with a monster 5100mah battery. It goes 3 days on a single charge.

Bought it a month ago and I've only charged it 12 times so far! Coming from a Zenfone 2 that used to drop from 100 to 70% overnight, this is just amazing. However I do have a doubt regarding the quick charge (or turbo or fast or dash or whatever its called).

I used to use a Samsung fast charger (dual 5V 2A, 9V 1.5A) for my Zenfone 2(Intel) and it used to show a fast charging notification. I use the same charger for the P2 (I left the box at home so no original charger for now). But the phone doesnt show any notifications. It takes around 3 hrs to charge fully. Is that regular charging or fast charging?
Old 23rd May 2017, 16:34   #25723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post

It takes around 3 hrs to charge fully. Is that regular charging or fast charging?
For the size of the battery that is being charged (5100 mah?), I would say 3 hours is fast charging.
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:08   #25724
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, has been thrashed around multiple times but need advice between OP3T & S8+.

Usage is as a 24x7 (well almost :-)) workhorse with zillions of lengthy emails, reviewing and sometimes modifying Excel, Word & PPT documents, reading Kindle ebooks, watching YouTube and Amazon Prime Video. Need a big screen and am used to a Samsung Note 4.

Net net, has to be able to do everything AND have decent battery life.

Further it has to be Android (stock is better), budget is unlimited but I generally change phones every 2 years. Am loathe to spend 60k for the S8+ when the OP3T is available for ~26k with offers. I don't flaunt my mobiles hence the superb looks of the S8+ are less important to me.

Is the S8+ really worth double the OP3T?!
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:20   #25725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, has been thrashed around multiple times but need advice between OP3T & S8+.

Usage is as a 24x7 (well almost :-)) workhorse with zillions of lengthy emails, reviewing and sometimes modifying Excel, Word & PPT documents, reading Kindle ebooks, watching YouTube and Amazon Prime Video. Need a big screen and am used to a Samsung Note 4.

Net net, has to be able to do everything AND have decent battery life.

Further it has to be Android (stock is better), budget is unlimited but I generally change phones every 2 years. Am loathe to spend 60k for the S8+ when the OP3T is available for ~26k with offers. I don't flaunt my mobiles hence the superb looks of the S8+ are less important to me.

Is the S8+ really worth double the OP3T?!

Honestly,the S8+ is a little hard to handle, reaching the top and bottom of the screen is close to impossible. The S8 with its 5.8 inches is large enough, and handy at the same time.
Coming to value, resale price will cover up atleast half of the price difference you pay, after 2 years.
Samsungs service is second to none, incase anything goes wrong. Also, op3t is now an older device which will be replaced in a couple of months.
If the stretch is possible,id suggest picking the S8.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks