Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2017, 23:17   #26161
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Also check if the 'OEM Unlocking' option is ON in Developer Options.
Thanks so much for your help. I did the hard reset and it worked.
Old 18th August 2017, 01:06   #26162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Thanks so much for your help. I did the hard reset and it worked.
Glad to be of help
Old 19th August 2017, 20:42   #26163
Senior - BHPian

More learned parts of the internet do not buy into the OnePlus 5 hype.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20170819_204022.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20170819_204006.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20170819_203948.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20170819_203928.jpg

All links from XDA
https://www.xda-developers.com/onepl...ating-reviews/
https://www.xda-developers.com/dxoma...a-score-of-87/

Last edited by phamilyman : 19th August 2017 at 20:44.
Old 19th August 2017, 23:48   #26164
Senior - BHPian

Got myself a LG Q6 from Amazon. Didn't really plan on a budget phone but the much touted Full Vision Display in a compact body had me over. Moreover, I wanted Nougat right outta the box and Q6 comes with Android 7.1.1. The specs don't set any benchmarks but for my kinda usage which is mainly YouTube, Facebook and messaging apart from calls, the Q6 is just perfect. I don't need a fire breathing (pun intended!) processor. The icing on the cake for me is the full HD 1080 display in a compact size; this is literally having the cake and eating it too. And for the asking price (15000), I reckon it's a steal. The absence of a fingerprint sensor and LED notification light is a shame really but satisfied about everything else. This is my first LG and hoping to have a long association with the brand!

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 19th August 2017 at 23:50.
Old 21st August 2017, 14:44   #26165
BHPian

Just got the S8 plus in midnight black today after trading in my 8 month old S7edge. I think the feel of S8 plus is so much better and it feels a lot more premium. However, the unlocking methods are a pain. The physical home button of S7 was so much more comfortable.
Will update after few days of usage
Old 21st August 2017, 15:18   #26166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Just got the S8 plus in midnight black today after trading in my 8 month old S7edge. I think the feel of S8 plus is so much better and it feels a lot more premium. However, the unlocking methods are a pain. The physical home button of S7 was so much more comfortable.
How much did you get for your s7edge? I am too using one right now but ever since I saw the S8, I have been in love with it. Such a gorgeous looking device. Hence would love to exchange if they give me a decent buyback for the s7 edge. BTW I was checking out Samsung USA site and apparently they are giving the S8 for 575 $ which comes to roughly 37k rs.
Old 21st August 2017, 15:28   #26167
BHPian

Folks, I've tried everything I can think of, but unable to sort this issue. Please share your thoughts.

I recently bought a Motorola e4 plus. The phone is great for the price it comes at, except for one irritating issue.

I use Bluetooth extensively as I need to be available to take calls whether I am in the car or on my bike. On the bike, I am connected to my helmet mounted Sena SMH10 and in the car to the infotainment system, both over Bluetooth.

The issue is with phone calls when I am connected to Sena. The phone pairs and connects with Sena without any hassle. I can play music or use navigation and can hear the same in my Bluetooth speakers. However, If I make or receive a call, the phone audio is routed through the phone ear piece only and not through the Sena Bluetooth speaker.

This issue is not there when I connect the phone to my car Bluetooth and I can take calls on the car speaker.

I have checked the 'Paired devices' settings and 'Phone Audio' is also checked.

Any pointers, please?

PS: This seems to be a Google dialer issue. I found a link online that describes the exact issue.

Also, this is not an issue with Sena. I have checked with other phones and it works flawlessly.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 21st August 2017 at 15:29.
Old 21st August 2017, 19:40   #26168
BHPian

Quote:
How much did you get for your s7edge? I am too using one right now but ever since I saw the S8, I have been in love with it. Such a gorgeous looking device. Hence would love to exchange if they give me a decent buyback for the s7 edge. BTW I was checking out Samsung USA site and apparently they are giving the S8 for 575 $ which comes to roughly 37k rs.
I sold off my s7 edge for 27k.
Models from USA are Snapdragon models which are single sim. That's the reason for me not going that way.

Last edited by D4d-maniac : 21st August 2017 at 19:42.
Old 21st August 2017, 20:34   #26169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I sold off my s7 edge for 27k.
Models from USA are Snapdragon models which are single sim. That's the reason for me not going that way.
On the website they have listed both the devices i.e. single and dual sim @ the same price of 575$.
Old 21st August 2017, 20:37   #26170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. However, the unlocking methods are a pain. The physical home button of S7 was so much more comfortable.
You will get used to it. When I got my S8+ in June, I also had the longing of a physical home button. But trust me after few days, I don't even miss it at all like I never used it.
Old 21st August 2017, 21:02   #26171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
You will get used to it. When I got my S8+ in June, I also had the longing of a physical home button. But trust me after few days, I don't even miss it at all like I never used it.
I returned the BlackBerry and almost pulled the trigger on the S8+ 128gb and then at the last moment, I pulled back.

I was offered 27k for my 4 month old S7 edge and I realized that it was absolute lunacy to spend 71k on a phone only for it to be worth a third in three months.

Got the OnePlus 5 instead for the wife (as I had Amazon credit from the return of the berry). I've been fiddling around with the OnePlus and gosh, it's blazing fast. In comparison, the S7 edge is sluggish.

Completely off topic: my wife is still a hold out on 4G and has been using Vodafone 3G. I did a speed test and realized that 3G on Vodafone in Bombay is actually faster than 4G.

On 4G, I get download speeds of about 2MBps. In exactly the same place, she was getting 5 Mbps on 3G. Clearly there are some advantages of not shifting to 4G. Can't seem to be able to attach screenshots on the app.
Old 21st August 2017, 21:20   #26172
BHPian

Quote:
On the website they have listed both the devices i.e. single and dual sim @ the same price of 575$.
If you are going ahead with the purchase make sure that the phone supports the requisite 4G bands in India otherwise you will be limited to 3G speeds.
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:01   #26173
BANNED

My S8 got its third software update today. Frankly, I was pretty happy with the original and the updates seem to be minor. Only No.2 was a a bit large, over 280MB!
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:03   #26174
Senior - BHPian

My Note 5 also got the update today. It is the July security patch.
Size 135 MB
Old 22nd August 2017, 14:21   #26175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am definitely getting used to the size and quirks of S8 plus. I would say its 90% better. Got used to the finger print scan and the Iris scan. I got a cheap hybrid case (Tpu + Pc, a knockoff of spigen) , but i don't feel it gives the best protection. What case are you using sir?

PS. Battery life is nothing short of stellar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks