Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2020, 11:23   #30151
BANNED

I believe S20 has wireless charging, and pixel 4a is the only phone in the pixel series without wireless charging. So, it certainly is a good deal - especially if the S20 has dual SIM and a separate microSD slot as well.

What are the in box accessories you got?
Old 21st November 2020, 12:10   #30152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I believe S20 has wireless charging, and pixel 4a is the only phone in the pixel series without wireless charging. So, it certainly is a good deal - especially if the S20 has dual SIM and a separate microSD slot as well.

What are the in box accessories you got?
Yes, lack of wireless charger in pixel 4a was a big bummer for me. Even my 4.5 years old Galaxy S7 had it and I use this feature very often. So did not want to take a step back. Also the 120Hz panel in S20 is the best display you can get in a smartphone currently.

S20 outclasses Pixel 4a in almost every spec since they belong to different segments and the discounts made it real VFM. Went for this since there are rumours that Samsung is going to under spec the flagship series from next year to cut costs and make them affordable. S21 is going to sport a plastic build.

Got AKG head phones, a medium quality transparent case and a 25W adapter.

I am very happy with the phone. Getting >1 day battery life with medium usage. One issue which I feel is the awkward form factor of the device. It is a little taller but less wide. S20+ would be a better buy if you are ok with a large and heavier device. My sweet spot is 6" screen, phone weighing around 150g, don't like to carry around phones larger and heavier.
Old 21st November 2020, 13:25   #30153
BHPian

Hi anybody in the forum had success in Forcing the phone to use VoWifi? I have mixed experience at my home - Airtel mobile, Airtel broadband, SAMSUNG NOTE10LITE AND SAMSUNG A70. Once we get into a vowifi call its good but mostly when we move around the home the phone shifts to VoLte and does not pick Vowifi consistently.
Old 21st November 2020, 17:33   #30154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
... Once we get into a vowifi call its good but mostly when we move around the home the phone shifts to VoLte and does not pick Vowifi consistently.
Does your device have separate setting toggles for VoWiFi and VoLTE?

Could try disabling VoLTE. I do that on my OnePlus device and it holds VoWiFi pretty well on Airtel.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 12:29   #30155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Does your device have separate setting toggles for VoWiFi and VoLTE?

Could try disabling VoLTE. I do that on my OnePlus device and it holds VoWiFi pretty well on Airtel.
Thanks I have a toggle to switch of VoLTE seperately. I think it works better than before. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
Old 24th November 2020, 07:44   #30156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Got an Galaxy S20 for 42500 from Reliance Digital showroom. Not sure how they are offering such crazy discounts on a flagship phone launched close to 70K, 6 months back.

Samsung pricing strategy has gone crazy, flagship S20 is cheaper than S20 FE and you can find all kinds of prices across various e-tailers and outlets. Looks like S20 sales were much below expectations and they are resorting to heavy discounting to move the inventory.
Exactly, now I'm regretting that I pre-ordered the phone as soon as it came out. Samsung started offering cashbacks and discounts just a couple of weeks after the phone came out.

I feel this is one of the reasons which hurts the sales of their premium offerings. People are wary of the huge price drops that the phones will see in just a few months after the release.
Old 25th November 2020, 16:06   #30157
BHPian

Samsung consistently does that. So its always better to wait a few months after launch, by which time the price reduces, the software issues are usually fixed and any hardware quality issues are also sorted. I'm waiting for the Flip 2 to launch and will get it after a few months when the discounts are high.

The current 4G Flip is available at 70k from Samsung Stores.
Old 25th November 2020, 18:01   #30158
Senior - BHPian

The weirdest thing happened with my Note 8. What's with Samsung and experience taking a nosedive around the 2 year mark ?

The bixby button popped right out. I noticed it felt lose a few days before and one fine day when on my desk (thankfully) the button popped out. I'm wondering if there's a way I can glue it back using fevi qwik or similar glue?
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20201024wa0000.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20201024wa0003.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20201024wa0004.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20201024wa0001.jpg  

Old 25th November 2020, 18:03   #30159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I'm wondering if there's a way I can glue it back using fevi qwik or similar glue?
Please do not use any glue. Would suggest to take it either to any Samsung service center or to any reputed mobile repair shop.

They would attend to it professionally. Glue might make the button redundant.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 18:18   #30160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
They would attend to it professionally. Glue might make the button redundant.
I took it to a Samsung store and they quoted 10k plus since they can't stick it back from the outside but will have to open the phone up and repalce all three buttons, bixby, volume and power.

The Bixby button seems to have a rubber extension at one end which can probably be stuck to the rubber membrane on the inside, so I was wondering if I can safely glue it back using a little fewikwik and what precautions to take to prevent damage to phone.
Old 25th November 2020, 18:33   #30161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took it to a Samsung store and they quoted 10k plus since they can't stick it back from the outside but will have to open the phone up and repalce all three buttons, bixby, volume and power.

The Bixby button seems to have a rubber extension at one end which can probably be stuck to the rubber membrane on the inside, so I was wondering if I can safely glue it back using a little fewikwik and what precautions to take to prevent damage to phone.
Samsung Galaxy S and Note 7 and 8 series are prone to this issue of buttons popping out. This was the reason I had to get rid of my Galaxy S7. One by one power and volume buttons popped out. If you fix it with glue the entire assembly may get stuck or damage the contacts. I used super glue to fix the power button and got the entire switch unusable. Since these have glass backs, even a minor repair may warrant a back glass panel replacement.

The Samsung volume and power buttons are freely available in aliexpress for about 150Rs a piece. Get 2-3 of them and stop worrying about it getting falling off. Pop a new one if the older one falls off. I did this for the volume button and that worked smoothly.
That black rubber bush holds it in place, and I think there is no glue involved here.

For Samsung Galaxy S7 G930 / S7 Edge G935 Power On / Off +Up / Down Side Button Volume Button Key Replacement Parts

[Transaction Screenshot]

$ 0.99 X1

Product properties: S7 Grey

Confirmation Received Finished

Last edited by poloman : 25th November 2020 at 18:35.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 18:52   #30162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Got an Galaxy S20 for 42500 from Reliance Digital showroom. Not sure how they are offering such crazy discounts on a flagship phone launched close to 70K, 6 months back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
I feel this is one of the reasons which hurts the sales of their premium offerings. People are wary of the huge price drops that the phones will see in just a few months after the release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Samsung consistently does that. So its always better to wait a few months after launch, by which time the price reduces, the software issues are usually fixed and any hardware quality issues are also sorted.
Congrats on the S20!

Totally agree w.r.t Samsung's pricing. To avoid this sort of a heartburn, I picked up a S9 couple of months after the S10 launch. And it has been an amazing device so far (~2.5 yrs later).

But now, after the last one UI update, it's at the end of its update journey and will not get further upgrades. Only the security patches will continue I guess.

The only gripe I have with Samsung is the bloat. I just wish they didn't add duplicate apps or alternatives to Google apps. I love the convenience that Samsung Pass offers but not having another calender, email etc

Same goes with backup - do you back it up on Google, or Samsung or One Drive? Why can't they decide?
Old 25th November 2020, 19:17   #30163
BHPian

Well, Samsung gives too many options, the exact opposite of Apple. I'm happy when options are given and I choose the ones I want than being locked into the Apple or Google ecosystem.
Old 25th November 2020, 20:06   #30164
BHPian

Hi folks,

I am facing this weird issue on Redmi K20 phone, wherein the phone becomes sluggish post 120-130 hours of uptime. This issue has surfaced post the MIUI 12 update & the phone was running perfectly on MIUI 11 prior to that. I tired all sorts of hacks i.e. clearing the RAM, using their in-built cleaner app to clear cache and also resetting the phone; but to no avail.

Xiaomi also pushed a new MIUI 12 update lately, wherein I hoped that the issue will be fixed; but there wasn't any improvement.

Like I mentioned, this issue only surfaces post 120-130 hours of uptime and a simple restarts fixes the issue. But the same story repeats once the uptime hits ~ 120 hours. Everything slows down post this; the transitions, app opening times, etc. The phone becomes sluggish in almost all aspects. There is a tremendous lag in the transitions.

This is primarily with the 'vanilla' K20 and NOT the K20 PRO. My friend's K20 Pro is running perfectly with the MIUI 12 update.

Is anyone facing a similar issue? If yes, do we have any fix for this?

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 25th November 2020 at 20:08.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 20:19   #30165
BHPian

Quote:

That's ridiculous pricing. Why don't you just put a good branded case/cover on after placing the key button in its place thus avoiding the popping issue? I had done this for a keypad mobile long ago

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks