Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2021, 10:34   #30241
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
My Nokia 7.1 battery is dead (exactly after 2 years) and I have replaced it, but the new one is heating too much and too fast. I think, it's time to change it.

I have shortlisted Samsung S10E or Samsung S10 or One plus Nord. The Amazon Independence day sale is starting from 19th Jan and I want to use the discounts available during this season.

(Not interested in buying Chinese phones)

Any one using Samsung S10E or S10 or One plus Nord, if yes please give your opinions?
Have been using the S10 plus for a year now. Great experience. Updates every month. Great performance and built-in software to take care of misbehaving apps etc. Even their One UI is pretty good. I like the earphone jack, SD card support, and full USB-C support - not the wimpy, slow USB 2.0 interface that the Chinese con you with. Plus the wireless charging and fast charging follows a popular Qi standard, so you easily get adapters for your car (not so for the Oneplus). I normally root my phones asap to get rid of all the nuisance that the manufacturers put in, but I haven't bothered to do this with my S10+. Plus Samsung Dex is getting better all the time - something I didn't expect. Only downside to Samsung is the high cost of all their accessories.

To be honest, Oneplus is pretty good good too and my wife's OP5 works great (though there seems to be a wi-fi bug and some quirks with the notification sound volume) but I think the Samsung experience is far better. If possible, get a Snapdragon version, you get a built-in FM Radio.
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 11:09   #30242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have shortlisted Samsung S10E or Samsung S10 or One plus Nord. The Amazon Independence day sale is starting from 19th Jan and I want to use the discounts available during this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
If possible, get a Snapdragon version, you get a built-in FM Radio.
Snapdragon versions of Samsug are not easily available in India. In India, M51, S10 lite and Galaxy Fold are only snapdragon models available of Samsung as far as I know.

You can either try getting S10 /S20 from abroad or these models in India.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th January 2021 at 12:33.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 11:47   #30243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
You can also check out LG G8X. Even if you don't need the dual screen, it's still SD855 for 28k. You can also check out OLX, where you will easily find like new G8X for even cheaper as a lot many were bought by scalpers during last sales but they caused a glut in the market and tanked the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Have been using the S10 plus for a year now. Great experience. Updates every month. Great performance and built-in software to take care of misbehaving apps etc. Even their One UI is pretty good. I like the earphone jack, SD card support, and full USB-C support - not the wimpy, slow USB 2.0 interface that the Chinese con you with. Plus the wireless charging and fast charging follows a popular Qi standard, so you easily get adapters for your car (not so for the Oneplus). I normally root my phones asap to get rid of all the nuisance that the manufacturers put in, but I haven't bothered to do this with my S10+. Plus Samsung Dex is getting better all the time - something I didn't expect. Only downside to Samsung is the high cost of all their accessories.

To be honest, Oneplus is pretty good good too and my wife's OP5 works great (though there seems to be a wi-fi bug and some quirks with the notification sound volume) but I think the Samsung experience is far better. If possible, get a Snapdragon version, you get a built-in FM Radio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Snapdragon versions are not easily available in India. In India, M51, S10 lite and Galaxy Fold are only snapdragon models available as far as I know.

You can either try getting S10 /S20 from abroad or these models in India.
Thanks guys.

My first preference is a Samsung phone with display 6 inches or less (I know that most of the smartphones come with display in excess of 6 inches.). In fact, I wanted to go for Samsung S10E but seems that one is not available presently with Amazon or any other online shoppers. Hope forthcoming Independence day sale from Amazon will list this model?

I am not very keen to have an FM radio feature. If S10E is not available, then may settle for S10 or S10plus.!
Old 17th January 2021, 12:12   #30244
Senior - BHPian

Oneplus 7T pro is also a very good choice. Available for 39k on Amazon and further 2k off if you have HDFC card.

Certainly the phone I'd buy for that kind of money if I was in the market for a phone today.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 12:23   #30245
BHPian

Quote:

My first preference is a Samsung phone with display 6 inches or less (I know that most of the smartphones come with display in excess of 6 inches.). In fact, I wanted to go for Samsung S10E but seems that one is not available presently with Amazon or any other online shoppers. Hope forthcoming Independence day sale from Amazon will list this model?

I am not very keen to have an FM radio feature. If S10E is not available, then may settle for S10 or S10plus.!
Hey,

If I were you, I’d buy the Google Pixel 4A. https://www.flipkart.com/google-pixe...h.flipkart.com

It’s got that clean and seamless Google Android UI, a snapdragon 730G and a 6+128 configuration. It fits your criteria with a 5.8” display.

Not to mention the amazing Google Camera on offer. The only downside I think might be the 3140mAH battery. Even sub 10k phones have a bigger battery these days.

Oneplus is also Chinese FYI.

Thanks!
EightSix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 12:37   #30246
BHPian

Quote:
Any one using Samsung S10E or S10 or One plus Nord, if yes please give your opinions?
Using the S10e and I am quite happy with it. The form factor is brilliant, UX is snappy, we get monthly security/OS updates. Plus I am enrolled in the Android 11 beta, and expect to get the final build by this month end. I haven't encountered any major issues bar one. The battery life. It is horrid. It barely last me a day on moderate usage. It is manageable now due to work from home - I can easily charge it any time; but that is the problem, I need to charge it several times a day (under heavy usage). Also, I didn't see any significant difference after the beta OS upgrade.

This is the major drawback of this small form factor. You will have to carry along a charging brick even for a single day travel.

That being said, I plan to hold on to this phone for as long as possible, mainly because of how manageable it is in hand and unavailability of any other phone models of similar size.

A 120Hz refresh rate and slightly better battery life will make this the ultimate android device.
dragntailonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 13:39   #30247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Oneplus 7T pro is also a very good choice. Available for 39k on Amazon and further 2k off if you have HDFC card.

Certainly the phone I'd buy for that kind of money if I was in the market for a phone today.
Yes, the phone looks nice (even 7T is ok). Will add 7T & 7T pro in my list for comparison before finalising the purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
Hey,

If I were you, I’d buy the Google Pixel 4A. https://www.flipkart.com/google-pixe...h.flipkart.com

It’s got that clean and seamless Google Android UI, a snapdragon 730G and a 6+128 configuration. It fits your criteria with a 5.8” display.

Not to mention the amazing Google Camera on offer. The only downside I think might be the 3140mAH battery. Even sub 10k phones have a bigger battery these days.

Oneplus is also Chinese FYI.

Thanks!
The battery is the major concern here. I recently purchased the Samsung M01 (for my wife - she uses the phone only for calls) and it has a 4000 mAh battery which easily last for about 4/5 days. For the price (Rs. 8200-offline purchase) the phone is worth every penny comparing those expensive ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
Using the S10e and I am quite happy with it. The form factor is brilliant, UX is snappy, we get monthly security/OS updates. Plus I am enrolled in the Android 11 beta, and expect to get the final build by this month end. I haven't encountered any major issues bar one. The battery life. It is horrid. It barely last me a day on moderate usage. It is manageable now due to work from home - I can easily charge it any time; but that is the problem, I need to charge it several times a day (under heavy usage). Also, I didn't see any significant difference after the beta OS upgrade.

This is the major drawback of this small form factor. You will have to carry along a charging brick even for a single day travel.

That being said, I plan to hold on to this phone for as long as possible, mainly because of how manageable it is in hand and unavailability of any other phone models of similar size.

A 120Hz refresh rate and slightly better battery life will make this the ultimate android device.
Yes, I noticed the battery power. This model comes with only 3100mAh battery power which is a bit low, however I like the phone size very much. Let's see if Amazon will list this model in their forthcoming Independence day sale

Thanks to all for your valuable guidance
nairrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 18:19   #30248
Senior - BHPian

Oppo today launched its latest phone Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G.

While watching a YouTube review, have seen in the box mentioned as ''Made in India'' (Chinese technology but manufactured in Indian factory?).

Experts, your opinion about this phone, please.!
Old 18th January 2021, 18:27   #30249
BHPian

Quote:
Oppo today launched its latest phone Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G.

While watching a YouTube review, have seen in the box mentioned as ''Made in India'' (Chinese technology but manufactured in Indian factory?).

Experts, your opinion about this phone, please.!
It might be just assembled in India. This would, I believe reduce cost of the phone as taxes would not be same as importing fully assembled boxed piece phone from China. Also may be small components may be sources locally but major from outside India.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 08:44   #30250
Senior - BHPian

Which sub 15k phone has the most stable hardware? My anxiety is that the segment has become expensive of late with 15k phones sporting 720p displays (Sorry Mi, the A3 was terrible with a mediocre display and shitty updates, and no fast charger either!)

Is there a Toyota Corolla equivalent in the 15k segment? One which offers long term bulletproof reliability without the fanciest features. Nokia's become too expensive and a couple of close friend's experience with 5.3 and 6.1+
Old 19th January 2021, 17:51   #30251
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Which sub 15k phone has the most stable hardware?
What do you mean by "stable hardware"? Does the Samsung A21 6/128 fit the bill? Or A21s 4/64?
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 11:33   #30252
Distinguished - BHPian

Facing a weird microphone/earphone issue on my father's Nokia 6.1. The issue is that when an outgoing call is made, cannot hear the other person. However, no issue is faced with an incoming call.

Any idea what could be the issue. This is becoming frustrating. Changed the sim to a different slot but no avail. Any pointers?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 20th January 2021 at 11:37.
Old 20th January 2021, 22:48   #30253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Facing a weird microphone/earphone issue on my father's Nokia 6.1. The issue is that when an outgoing call is made, cannot hear the other person. However, no issue is faced with an incoming call.

Any idea what could be the issue. This is becoming frustrating. Changed the sim to a different slot but no avail. Any pointers?
I recall it happening to someone in my family, a long time ago. It was a carrier/service provider issue, not a device issue. Try inserting the sim into a different phone to confirm this.

Last edited by atnyia : 20th January 2021 at 22:49.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 10:46   #30254
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

Recently, I have been checking the Vivo X50 Pro and Vivo V20 Pro. Both phones are looking good, however both of these phones do not have an SD card slot.

I have an SD card in my existing phone which have many photos, etc and without an SD slot in the new phone, how should I transfer those data to the new phone?

Viva X50 pro is costing Rs.50, 000 but no SD card slot. In the meantime, Samsung S20 has the option for SD card which also available around this rate. So, I think Samsung S20 will be better than Viva X50?
Old 21st January 2021, 11:21   #30255
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Recently, I have been checking the Vivo X50 Pro and Vivo V20 Pro. Both phones are looking good, however both of these phones do not have an SD card slot.

I have an SD card in my existing phone which have many photos, etc and without an SD slot in the new phone, how should I transfer those data to the new phone?

Viva X50 pro is costing Rs.50, 000 but no SD card slot. In the meantime, Samsung S20 has the option for SD card which also available around this rate. So, I think Samsung S20 will be better than Viva X50?
I think Samsung is a better choice. But even if you go for any other phone without SD slot, you can use an OTG adapter like this to transfer the data: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07YL54NVJ/..._ZxrcGbFSH2P28
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks