Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 20:11   #2071

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Same here. My 6 months advance rental plan is over now. so i am shifting to 299/-
I think Facebook 1.6 would work on 299/- plan. can someone please confirm it.
According to the sales guy

All Mails Instant Messaging thru GTalk, MSN and Yahoo. Anything else that touches the Http will be charged. So facebook, BigFlix, Fourquare all these will be chargeable.

Cheers

- G
Old 29th March 2010, 12:15   #2072
BHPian

I have tried it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Same here. My 6 months advance rental plan is over now. so i am shifting to 299/-
I think Facebook 1.6 would work on 299/- plan. can someone please confirm it.
Although the FB page for 1.6 says it does work, it didnīt on my 299 plan. I tried downloading it via PC and installed the application on my fone through the BBM. Still not working.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:18   #2073
BHPian

FB 1.6 does not work on BB 299 plan, even I have tried downloading from PC.

Has anybody got any success on this?
Old 4th April 2010, 17:24   #2074
Distinguished - BHPian

How much does the first BOLD in white cost in Mumbai? With bill as well as without ?
Old 4th April 2010, 18:56   #2075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
How much does the first BOLD in white cost in Mumbai? With bill as well as without ?
When it was first out my heera panna guy said 25, the white 9700 is coming out soon!
Old 4th April 2010, 20:35   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Poor snaps with Blackberry Bold in low light

I am just not able to get good pics with the Blackberry Bold. All my friends who have Curve, Javelin etc get way better picture quality with their phones than what I get with the Bold in low light conditions. It almost seems like the flash goes off just at the time when the shutter operates, causing pics to be very dark. Is this a known issue with all Bolds? Is there any solution for this?
Old 5th April 2010, 12:46   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
BB os 5.0 can be upgraded on any phone (9000/9700/8900)
Hello Sumit,

Can the OS upgrade be done on 8820? Its currently on OS 4.5.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:08   #2078
BHPian

Are we missing the point..?

Just wanted to highlight one point here. RIM sells BB primarily for enterprise customers who in turn offer it to their employees. BB is not suppsed to be bought in retail by individuals. You will have to run around for every small issue.

If your company gives you the BB fine, else it is not advisable to buy BB like other phones.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:03   #2079
Senior - BHPian

That was the line 6-8 years back. If you look at their advertising in the recent past - both in India and in other countries - they have been targeting individuals. And no, their A.S.S. is far better than most other players like S-E, HTC etc., not to speak of the whole bunch of cheap qwerty-phones being pushed by at least 6 companies in India. The problem is - one needs to find out where the service is, and the first point to ask is actually your cellular service provider. Most of the times the problem is with the provider, and not with the handset.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:18   #2080
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have a new problem. The BB messenger, new message 'smiley' icon that comes on the home screen is stuck for a week. Even after clearing all the history and inboxes, its still showing the smiley with the number 1 left of it. If I receive 5 new messages it will show (for example) 5+smiley. I read and delete all 5 but 1+smiley will remain on the home screen. Anyone faced the same ? Some solutions ?
Old 5th April 2010, 16:57   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
That was the line 6-8 years back. If you look at their advertising in the recent past - both in India and in other countries - they have been targeting individuals. And no, their A.S.S. is far better than most other players like S-E, HTC etc., not to speak of the whole bunch of cheap qwerty-phones being pushed by at least 6 companies in India. The problem is - one needs to find out where the service is, and the first point to ask is actually your cellular service provider. Most of the times the problem is with the provider, and not with the handset.
Not really, its the same even now. BB handsets are poor unlike your nokia phones and hence I always make sure the company I work for gets me one rather than me going and purchasing. I do not have to run around for support that way.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:11   #2082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Guys I have a new problem. The BB messenger, new message 'smiley' icon that comes on the home screen is stuck for a week. Even after clearing all the history and inboxes, its still showing the smiley with the number 1 left of it. If I receive 5 new messages it will show (for example) 5+smiley. I read and delete all 5 but 1+smiley will remain on the home screen. Anyone faced the same ? Some solutions ?

Do a battery pull and check.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:12   #2083
BHPian

Hey NFS, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Personally, a lot of people i know are using a BB including me. In fact, have personally suggested most of them to consider it while buying a new phone & has generally led to a purchase.

Now i know we are talking about service here. Have never had trouble with the ones ive used, nor have others. Everyones more than happy with their BBs. As with all other electronics, just update the firmware when required & there is no trouble at all. As for support, as mentioned by others here, its generally your network service provider who may be excellent or at fault. Personally, am on Vodafone & have never had a problem. Any problem, i give them a call & its sorted instantly. They even have a seperate support number for people using BBs & BB services.

Perhaps youve had a bad experience but like i said, to each, his own

Last edited by Xehaust : 5th April 2010 at 18:13.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:20   #2084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Do a battery pull and check.
Dadu, I wouldnt have posted the issue here if that worked !! I lost count how many times I pulled out the battery by now.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:20   #2085
Distinguished - BHPian

Require a BB 8520 in WHITE with bill & warranty. Can anyone source it for me? Seems to be out of stock in Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright Đ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks