Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 23:04   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Anyone's bought a new BB through eBay or Indiatimes? Worth the risk?
Old 16th June 2009, 09:08   #1037
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Anyone's bought a new BB through eBay or Indiatimes? Worth the risk?
I bought one through ebay 3 months ago.

No issues so far.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:14   #1038
aZa
Senior - BHPian

the 5.0 OS for bold is in beta, most of the websites say its unstable and not supported by RIM. There is no point upgrading to a beta os. FB, Gtalk have issues working with this OS.
Old 16th June 2009, 18:58   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
the 5.0 OS for bold is in beta, most of the websites say its unstable and not supported by RIM. There is no point upgrading to a beta os. FB, Gtalk have issues working with this OS.
Its Beta but is getting fairly stable. If you don't need FB or the msn/google messengers, I would recommend the upgrade.
Old 16th June 2009, 20:19   #1040
D-Man

Anil found another software that is easier than BBScreen shooter as it may require you to set up an sdk. Download Captureit. you can goto m.captureit.com i think please google it. very very easy to use.

Old 16th June 2009, 22:31   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
Anil found another software that is easier than BBScreen shooter as it may require you to set up an sdk. Download Captureit. you can goto m.captureit.com i think please google it. very very easy to use.
Thanks, I will check it out.
Old 21st June 2009, 08:42   #1042
BHPian

Shifted back to v4.6.0.247 as i was facing issues with v5.0. As it was a beta and not an official release many applications like Ngpay, Facebook, Google Talk & MSN Messenger were not working, could not even install them. I think its better to wait to get an official upgrade from RIM as and when its available. It was a huge hassle to downgrade as i had to back up all date, 'wipe' the blackberry, load 4.6 & restore data. Happy to be back on a more stable OS.
Old 21st June 2009, 12:28   #1043
BHPian

I need a clarification. I know a lot of the people here are on the "secret" Vodafone 899 plan. I called them up to shift my account and the response I got was that that is an enterprise only plan and works only if you have BB server in your company.

Can someone confirm that or is it still possible to configure your personal emails using that plan since otherwise it would be of no use to me.
Old 22nd June 2009, 00:26   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Finally got my BlackBerry Curve 8310 for 15.5K from Airtel itself. They gave me a corporate discount !! Only issue is that the fone is locked to Airtel.
Old 22nd June 2009, 09:16   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Finally got my BlackBerry Curve 8310 for 15.5K from Airtel itself. They gave me a corporate discount !! Only issue is that the fone is locked to Airtel.
Congrats! Welcome to BlackBerry Community! It's a good price for 8310 with manufacturer's warranty for a year. If at all it is necessary you can have it unlocked after sometime!
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:01   #1046
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess? View Post
I need a clarification. I know a lot of the people here are on the "secret" Vodafone 899 plan. I called them up to shift my account and the response I got was that that is an enterprise only plan and works only if you have BB server in your company.

Can someone confirm that or is it still possible to configure your personal emails using that plan since otherwise it would be of no use to me.
Yes everything works like in the 1099 plan, all you need to do is tell them to shift you to 899 enterprise plan. If they ask for the server details and stuff just tell them you will talk to your network admin and get back to them.

Quote:
Being locked to airtel is not a problem. you can always call up 7070 and tell them ur going abroad and need unlocking code. U will receive one in few days.
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:18   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Being locked to airtel is not a problem. you can always call up 7070 and tell them ur going abroad and need unlocking code. U will receive one in few days.
Quote:
Congrats! Welcome to BlackBerry Community! It's a good price for 8310 with manufacturer's warranty for a year. If at all it is necessary you can have it unlocked after sometime!
Thanks folks. That's a neat idea. Anyways I know someone pretty well in Airtel. Will unlock only if needed.

So I'm taking the 899 plan from Airtel. Company pays, so why not!! Now I have to take a normal plan on top of that right. Probably should look for the cheapest one. I already use Reliance for all my calls. I'm not gonna disconnect that.

Any good BB sites other than crackberry that I should visit to get all the lowdown info and for downloads.
Old 30th June 2009, 17:38   #1048
Distinguished - BHPian

I got myself a new Airtel SIM to see if my phone signal reception improves. Before i insert my new SIM in phone, how do i copy the contacts to my phone?

Basically, need to know the procedure for Blackberry Bold for :-

Copying all phone numbers from SIM to Handset

AND

When i insert my new SIM, copying the same numbers from handset to the new SIM.

Please help !!!
Old 30th June 2009, 18:30   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I got myself a new Airtel SIM to see if my phone signal reception improves. Before i insert my new SIM in phone, how do i copy the contacts to my phone?

Basically, need to know the procedure for Blackberry Bold for :-

Copying all phone numbers from SIM to Handset

AND

When i insert my new SIM, copying the same numbers from handset to the new SIM.

Please help !!!
In BB, by default all address are stored in the Handset. But if you have a lot of numbers stored on the SIM, then go to the phone book, and on the scroll down menu you'll find SIM Phone Book. Go there and again choose copy all to handset.

Another way of doing it is synchronising it with your Laptop and when you put your new SIM, re-syncing again
Old 30th June 2009, 18:53   #1050
Senior - BHPian

You can use the blackberry desktop manager to back up all the datas (back up & restore). Go to advanced options on desktop manager and make sure all the required items in the device databases are shown, then insert the new SIM and do the same process of 'restore' through desktop manager. I believe BB uses the phone memory for majority of things. SIM memory is only a back up in the handset.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks