Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 13:20   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks MC and Shaju, figured it out when i was in Airtel office last evening. Ever since i inserted my new SIM noticed BB services aren't activated. Put through a request to get it re-activated, should happen by evening.

Since i got myself a BB phone, life has been a rollercoaster ride, i am lovin' it
Old 1st July 2009, 13:51   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Finally got my BlackBerry Curve 8310 for 15.5K from Airtel itself. They gave me a corporate discount !! Only issue is that the fone is locked to Airtel.
Airtel has a scheme on 8310. Buy Three, Get Two free !
Old 1st July 2009, 14:49   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Vodafone BB services are totally down from morning. First time, I had to wait over 10 mts to get through the support number, they said GPRS services are down throughout the country. No clear idea when it will be back to normal. I doubt if Airtel also has similar issues !

I have been using Vodafone BB since Feb 2009, issue of this nature is first time. I was with Airtel BB before, atleast 1 complaint was guranteed every week !
Old 1st July 2009, 15:16   #1054
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Vodafone BB services are totally down from morning. First time, I had to wait over 10 mts to get through the support number, they said GPRS services are down throughout the country. No clear idea when it will be back to normal. I doubt if Airtel also has similar issues !

I have been using Vodafone BB since Feb 2009, issue of this nature is first time. I was with Airtel BB before, atleast 1 complaint was guranteed every week !

Ah! Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why am I not receiving mails. But this is not the first time. I remember a similar thing happening a few weeks ago but that time they had sent a message that the service is down and is likely to be rectified in XX hours.

Last edited by JVH : 1st July 2009 at 15:17.
Old 1st July 2009, 17:26   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Yes I remember that SMS which mentioned possible trouble on BB services for a certain time frame. But, my BB never went offline as I was getting mails delivered throughout the time frame mentioned in that message. My BB is configured to 4 email IDs, so I have an average of 1 email in 10 mts throughout. Not mentioning the subcribed threads on team-bhp. Those replies will increase the average figure.
Old 1st July 2009, 18:00   #1056
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
Airtel has a scheme on 8310. Buy Three, Get Two free !
I thought Javelin killed 8310 for good. Isnt it true? is the buy 3 get 2 available for all accounts? Is this available everywhere? Last questions; is it a mail in rebate?

Old 1st July 2009, 18:08   #1057
BHPian

I use Reliance Blackberry, In June Reliance had 2, 3 Complete Network failure, for cellphones, landlines Blackberry.
Longest OUTAGE I've experienced was 8 HOURS and when you get 600 mails a day, this certainly pinches.

I think they were upgrading something to become EVDO Ready or something, but nothing told officially.
Old 1st July 2009, 19:39   #1058
D-Man

@GHPK - Reliance - EVDO Rev A? must be a joke. Reliance and TATA are horrible service providers. None of these providers are truly blackberry ready yet. EVDO is a hallucination. Since you are a heavy user you must know reliance has no control on blackberry servers at an admin level. They are just basically subcribers. TATA does not even have the BES capability. I had my company purchase it for me.

But usually there are times when blackberry servers go down or there is an outage. No emails flow in then. It happens once every quat.

Old 1st July 2009, 22:29   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Now its total outage on Vodafone completing 12 hours, so far no clue when it will be resolved. I find it a pain on the wrong side to keep checking my different mails and stuff after getting used to the instant delivery for over an year. Once you get used to BB, its tough to survive without it.
Old 2nd July 2009, 00:19   #1060
BHPian

Hi Guys
I dropped my Blackberry Bold today and now the screen just shows colored lines. Everything else is fine .. I can make and receive call as well. Problem is that I got it from the US and can't take to Vodafone for repairs.
Does anyone have any reliable suggestions or refrences in the Delhi-Gurgaon please.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 2nd July 2009, 03:09   #1061
BHPian

Da_motorHead, sorry to hear about that, taking it to a operator based repairs will be VERY VERY expensive. If you have any contact in US, or if you can get yourself a LCD from there you'll not experience much pains, but the screen which is usually under 100USD in USA is charged around 10K in India.

You can check crackberry or other reputed blackberry replacement part seller on web, they do ship to India but if you get it thru someone you'll be much happier to save HEFTY shipping charges and delays.
Old 2nd July 2009, 03:16   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
@GHPK - Reliance - EVDO Rev A? must be a joke. Reliance and TATA are horrible service providers. None of these providers are truly blackberry ready yet. EVDO is a hallucination. Since you are a heavy user you must know reliance has no control on blackberry servers at an admin level. They are just basically subcribers. TATA does not even have the BES capability. I had my company purchase it for me.

But usually there are times when blackberry servers go down or there is an outage. No emails flow in then. It happens once every quat.
I Agree these operators are still on basics, I remember when i purchased the sales guy who sold it to me said, although i did basic training but i won't be able to explain what exactly this device is for. LOL

He took a few setup tutorials from me after a month i started using it.

TATA has BES capability what Iam told earlier from a very senior executive earlier, but i still opted for RIM, as i strongly Stand and experience Reliance has better connectivity in my state.

Have you checked your host routing tables and diagnostic tests during the Outages ?
I changed one of the server from Host Routing Table and found there are multiple choices available and if current one is giving you a lot of outages its better to switch to another one.

I can imagine the pain and frustration when you become to see e-mails on the move and the device/provider appears to Have Become STUPID.
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:17   #1063
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Now its total outage on Vodafone completing 12 hours, so far no clue when it will be resolved. I find it a pain on the wrong side to keep checking my different mails and stuff after getting used to the instant delivery for over an year. Once you get used to BB, its tough to survive without it.

Surprising because, I got an sms at 5pm telling me to restart the device for accessing the service and bingo it was active with loads of emails.

I hope your service is Ok now!
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:40   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Thats surprising for me too, because I never got any SMS nor any emails !!
My phone got into track only by early morning today. So thats over 20 hours outage in total. No clue how other users experienced.
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:45   #1065
BHPian

You can try the battery pull method and replace the battery after atleast 20 seconds wait.
this might solve some problems and sometimes helps solve minor network outages.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks