Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 13:19   #976
D-Man

@mobike why dont you PM him. I think its defeating the purpose of this thread.

Old 4th June 2009, 14:46   #977
BHPian

ICICI iMobile

Is anybody using ICICI Bank's iMobile Application in your BlackBerry? This application which was working well in my E51 and HTC Touch Dual is not working in my BB Curve 8310. If this Application is working for any of you Guys, request your comments!
Old 4th June 2009, 19:00   #978
Senior - BHPian

er stupid question...using a Moto Q9h and am looking to install BB connect and get it activated via Idea.

My question is that should GPRS be always on for BB mails to come in?
Old 4th June 2009, 19:09   #979
Senior - BHPian

Yes, if you want push mail. Otherwise, BB Connect will try whenever you get on to GPRS.
Old 4th June 2009, 19:25   #980
Senior - BHPian

hmm then is it worthwhile going in for it when normal pull mail at regular polling works?

gprs always on will be a major drainer right?
Old 4th June 2009, 22:17   #981
D-Man

Deathwalkr, I really dont remember exactly but I think google has started their exchange server for free. They will push email to your phone. I havent tried it on my Q9 but i have on iphone 3g once and it worked well. Just in case you may have gmail email client.

Old 4th June 2009, 22:49   #982
Team-BHP Support

@mobike008: Did Airtel fix the issue? Tried updating with the firmware from the operator?

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th June 2009 at 22:51.
Old 4th June 2009, 23:47   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@mobike008: Did Airtel fix the issue? Tried updating with the firmware from the operator?
After waiting for more than a week, i got fidgety and asked my cousin whats happening. He said, they are sourcing a legal AT&T software for upgrading the phone. And, the guy who is supposed to handle is sitting in delhi for some training. He will return to Hyd on saturday. I couldnt wait for so long so got my phone back 2 days ago.

Will check with him on saturday or monday to see if i can meet him and fix this damn thing on the same day without having to leave the phone with them.
Old 5th June 2009, 12:44   #984
Team-BHP Support

Why dont you check the link i posted early, and download and install the legal AT&T from there. Its direct from BB and is as legal as it can be.
Old 5th June 2009, 13:13   #985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
I'd try the first one:
# Applications: 4.6.0.167
# Software Platform: 4.0.0.217

Link here:
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...9CD4263967CFA3
Quote:
Why dont you check the link i posted early, and download and install the legal AT&T from there. Its direct from BB and is as legal as it can be.
Is that the one Mohit outlined?

I will wait for another 2-3 days and if i dont see any help coming from those Airtel folks, then will download this software and install and see if it works. Will keep all posted, thanks for your concern
Old 5th June 2009, 14:47   #986
Team-BHP Support

Might be the same, but this post i was referring to:

Quote:
For AT&T or anyother service provider specific firmware go to this link and download BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is that the one Mohit outlined?
EDIT: Yup he has given for AT&T whereas the link i provided shows for all available operators.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th June 2009 at 14:48.
Old 5th June 2009, 15:36   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
hmm then is it worthwhile going in for it when normal pull mail at regular polling works?

gprs always on will be a major drainer right?
Different point of view. BB Connect is a must if your company is on BB but you want a phone other than a BB.

If not, it is better to use pull mail rather than BB Connect, since the complete experience of a BB will never be there in that scenario.

GPRS cost depends on the plan you are on.
Old 5th June 2009, 15:43   #988
D-Man

DerAlte, you dont need BB on Moto Q if you are using enterprise server. Since its a windows product; enterprise accounts works like BB. This includes your company directory aswell. I have a Moto Q from my company.

Edit: provided outlook is what its configured on. Lotus notes is a different scenario.

Last edited by D-Man : 5th June 2009 at 15:44. Reason: additional information to be posted withn 15 minutes

Old 5th June 2009, 17:02   #989
Senior - BHPian

ok apologies for deviating from thread topic :(

thanks everyone. i have decided to stay with plain old pull email polling @ 5 mins. just cant seem to justify the Rs.1099/month for BB.

and regarding drainer i was referring to the battery and not the cost part of it.

and sadly no i dont have access to an exchange server.
Old 5th June 2009, 19:29   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
DerAlte, you dont need BB on Moto Q if you are using enterprise server. Since its a windows product; enterprise accounts works like BB. This includes your company directory aswell. I have a Moto Q from my company.
Edit: provided outlook is what its configured on. Lotus notes is a different scenario.
I know, but BB is beyond just accessing your corporate mail account. Enterprise BB provides a complete security layer around mail AND application access via BB. So if it is company policy (where I work it is) and you want to be on another phone (not BB devices) you NEED to have BB Connect. Not at all necessary otherwise, like some of my colleagues need not have app access, only mail access, so they use either browser-based access, or MS push tech on their WiMo devices, connecting directly to the corporate mail server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
... regarding drainer i was referring to the battery and not the cost part of it. ...
No, no worse than normal voice-based usage. Bluetooth drains more, WiFi even more, and GPS positively guzzles battery charge!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks