Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 00:38   #886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
well im getting an unlocked one for 27k without warranty and the official one for 32k. deciding which one to get. nope, no javelin for me, first bb or not, haha i want the bold.

well i dont need browsing but i want bb messenger and apps like windows live messenger and facebook to work. also would like gps to work. i assume i cant sync it with my hotmail account and it wont be very tough?

have used nokia series 60 for the past 5 years so know that very well, hopefully i get to know how to mess around with bbs soon.
Akshay,

I dont have idea about price but If you want to use GPS, Facebook etc you will have to activate Full Unlimited Plan but if you want to send and receive emails and use all IMs you can activate BB Prosumer Lite plan but you can not surf internet on Prosumer Plan.

Cheers.
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:19   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well im getting an unlocked one for 27k without warranty and the official one for 32k. deciding which one to get. nope, no javelin for me, first bb or not, haha i want the bold.

well i dont need browsing but i want bb messenger and apps like windows live messenger and facebook to work. also would like gps to work. i assume i cant sync it with my hotmail account and it wont be very tough?

have used nokia series 60 for the past 5 years so know that very well, hopefully i get to know how to mess around with bbs soon.
Like Vishal (mugen_power) said

Configuring Hotmail or any other email account on it is absolute cakewalk, thats BB's forte

You are all set with the 899 Enterprise Plus plan, it includes unlimited everything. Just be sure to intimate them about the credit limit issue and use the BIS browser and not the W@P browser on the phone. I would suggest you buy with warrenty. You dont want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere (physical damage isnt included) but hey if you can get it cheaper still go for it! Time to move over from Nokia

Also as soon as you get your device share your PIN and be part of the t-bhp BB gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick555 View Post
hi all

i want to buy BB bold ,will fommy.co.in be a good place to buy the same or any other suggestion
Also can anybody tell howz the battery life of BB Bold?
Where are you based? Fommy's prices for handsets are a bit on the higher side. I suggest you try a local dealer or maybe eBay?
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:30   #888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Like Vishal (mugen_power) said

Configuring Hotmail or any other email account on it is absolute cakewalk, thats BB's forte

You are all set with the 899 Enterprise Plus plan, it includes unlimited everything. Just be sure to intimate them about the credit limit issue and use the BIS browser and not the W@P browser on the phone. I would suggest you buy with warrenty. You dont want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere (physical damage isnt included) but hey if you can get it cheaper still go for it! Time to move over from Nokia

Also as soon as you get your device share your PIN and be part of the t-bhp BB gang

i dont see any 899 plan on their site. whats the difference between a bis browser and a wap browser. i have seen only one browser on my friends unlocked bold (its a tmobile greymarket piece) and that browser is only a hotspot browser.

what credit limit issue? my current credit limit is 900 odd. lol.

also i dunno if the 899 plan will be possible cuz my rental anyway is like 450 or so + usage charges. and my dad pays the bill since im a student.
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:37   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i dont see any 899 plan on their site. whats the difference between a bis browser and a wap browser. i have seen only one browser on my friends unlocked bold (its a tmobile greymarket piece) and that browser is only a hotspot browser.

what credit limit issue? my current credit limit is 900 odd. lol.

also i dunno if the 899 plan will be possible cuz my rental anyway is like 450 or so + usage charges. and my dad pays the bill since im a student.
The 899 plan is the super secret khopcha walla plan

When you get BIS activated the two browsers will magically appear!

Credit limit issue is, Vodafone first charges per KB usage in your bill, and then when the bill is generated it discounts it all. But this is a issue because when you browse a lot it generally becomes like 10-15k of unbilled usage which is all discounted later but you get your outgoing blocked and all and get calls for interim payments etc.

I use the Talk Large plan as well. If you need to use it fully the 899 plan is the only option otherwise theres the 299 plan in which only Mail and Messengers will work.
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:59   #890
aZa
Senior - BHPian

lol @ secret khopcha wala plan!!!

Yes they dont advertise this plan at all, its an enterprise plan for corporates. Thanx to quickdraw and this thread that i came to know about it. All you need to do is tell them you want 899 plan firmly. Tell them to activate it ASAP. And then say that you will talk to your tech guy at the office to help you configure or give you details so that you can back at the helpline to configure the enterprise email and stuff.

thats it.

Also try BOLT browser. Fast n snappy.
Old 23rd May 2009, 14:17   #891
Distinguished - BHPian

After I upgraded my Blackberry 8300 curve to the new software, everything looked a lot cooler and was faster.

However one weird thing happened. The browser (though faster and cooler with facebook and more directly linked) somehow refused to turn to text-cursor mode on certain text fields.

Because of this I was unable to log into Team-BHP, but could browse as a guest.

After getting annoyed for a while, I just downloaded Opera Mini 4 for Blackberry and I must say, it works beautifully.
Old 23rd May 2009, 18:41   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
After I upgraded my Blackberry 8300 curve to the new software, everything looked a lot cooler and was faster.

However one weird thing happened. The browser (though faster and cooler with facebook and more directly linked) somehow refused to turn to text-cursor mode on certain text fields.

After getting annoyed for a while, I just downloaded Opera Mini 4 for Blackberry and I must say, it works beautifully.
Opera is good. Have been using it since a while but i downloaded Bolt browser. It is really good as the whole page more or less fits into the screen, whereas scrolling is a bit cumbersome in the Opera Mini. Try Bolt too (Thanks to aZa).
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:06   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

There will always be bugs, and T-BHP is totally not Mobile friendly. It call can be improved with a very simple plugin to the Board Software which is in the pipeline as discussed in the other thread. So lets keep the fingers crossed!
Old 25th May 2009, 00:55   #894
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Just got ...

BerryBuzz (Custom LED lighting for Selected msg types)

BerryPopup (Get popups for all types of msg types)

Get it here Bellshare - BlackBerry Apps

Update : I believe FACEBOOK 1.6 is just round the corner. I hope they add Facebook IM.

Last edited by aZa : 25th May 2009 at 00:59.
Old 26th May 2009, 19:46   #895
BHPian

For all the BB lovers
it seems some new BB handsets are on the cards
check these links

Tech2.com India > RIM to Release Four New Handsets Soon > News on Smart Mobile

Tech2.com India > New BlackBerry Onyx Handset Images in The Wild > News on Smart Mobile
Old 26th May 2009, 20:42   #896
BHPian

Thought ill contribute a little to this thread.

Those using the STORM & finding it slow & a few bugs (like the camera not showing the whole picture as the on screen buttons hide it, etc.) - Upgrade your firmware!!!
It makes a whole lot of difference.

I had 4.7.0.76 or something like that & its now 4.7.0.141
Has made the phone much much better & faster as well.
Old 27th May 2009, 17:33   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Blackberry Lovers,

I'd like all TBHP BB lovers to know the pain,frustration,trauma that i went through my first ever TBHP transaction with a popular member ( due to his knowledge on BB's-QUICKDRAW) of this thread.

I was excited to buy and use my first ever blackberry and during my search of which phone to buy ( budget was not a constraint), I decided on BB Bold. During my interaction/query session with Quickdraw, he offered to sell me his BB Bold which according to him was in mint,excellent,just out of the box type pristine condition

He told me it is used for 1-month and no bill and warranty. I agreed for an amount of Rs.23K for his handset. Then i saw a comment by Quickdraw himself somewhere on this thread, that 23K for a used BB is not worth paying, when approached him he brushes off with some convincing response. Deceit and ensuing ordeal commences here :

1. Since he is a tbhp member i decided to go ahead, Sometime during 1st week of April'09, I promptly transferred 23K to his account. When someone buys a phone without bill and warranty, even then the dealer writes on a piece of paper and gives you as his own guarantee ( i always got one like that), i asked him for that. He says, no i dont have any.

2. I recieve the handset in the promised time. When I received the handset, it had a few slight scratches on the borders of the phone. I kept quiet since it was not visible unless reviewed closely. Whereas he told me it was scratchless and in mint condition

3. Quickdraw sends me a Curve cover instead of BB Bold cover. Since last almost 2 months now, he has been promising to send me the cover, he hasn't sent it TILL DATE

4. He is most un-helpful individual i ever came cross in my life, when i ping him a query on BB messenger, he will never reply until midnight or early mornings when i am asleep. Maybe intentionally knowing what he has done.

5. Within the first 4-5 days, i realized the phone has a MAJOR SIGNAL RELATED ISSUE. The signal bar fluctates madly every 2-3 feet that i move around. I immediately brought this point to his notice and he quickly brushes off saying, during courier it may have fallen OR i may have dropped it on the ground OR i never faced that issue at all. Whereas, none of that ever happened.

6. Since then my life has taken a miserable turn. Majority of my work is done on phone. I typically have more than 15 hours of office calls to attend each week and with this issue i made an embarrassment of myself more than half dozen occasions.

Sometimes even in the middle of the city on the main street,the signal does not come. I take calls while driving from home-office-home. Imagine the calls get dropped regularly during a city drive. Several offices or restuarants that i visit, an SOS signal comes up. I even transferred my SIM to another friend's handset ( BB BOLD), it works perfectly in his phone. So the phone itself is faulty

7. I approached him and mentioned he intentionally palmed off a faulty phone and his response was curt and rude-i am not a dealer and i am not liable for whatever problem your facing with the phone. I never faced any such issue.

I tried reasoning with him for a few days and mentioned the following :-

1. I requested him to take the handset back and i even said reduce 3-4K from original amount and return the rest of the money since the handset is in as i received condition. To which he replies, i am not a dealer and i wont do any such thing

2. I requested him to atleast exchange. He is using a BB 8900 and he agreed to it but wants me to pay him Rs.6K additional apart from exchanging the BOLD. Is it fair? I told him, i am ready to accept BB 8900 ( even though it cost lesser) and take back the BOLD for no cost involved. He simply refused

3.Whenever i ping him to send the BB cover, he will reply back at 2am/3am, i am on vacation when i return to pune in a couple of weeks i will send it then. This is going on since last month and he never bothered to send the same.

QUICKDRAW'S MODUS OPERANDI ( It's my guess and maybe i am right)

a) He has a source ( stolen phones maybe--who knows) and buys BB phones OR from someone coming from abroad at a dirt cheap price. Gets it un-locked from a local dealer friend.

b) Abuse the phone for 1-3 months and looks for unsuspecting buyers like me and palm them off the abused phone. In my case, the phone itself was faulty so it was "intentional cheating"

c) Move on to the latest BB model in the market

I am just highlighting my experience so you guys are aware of this CHEAT and do not deal with him.

I am NOT going to respond to any of his justfications or clarifications to this post, as have done with him personally innumberable times in the past month but to no avail (Damage is already done and i have blown 23K down the drain)

I request the MODS to keep a close eye on "QUICKDRAW" as such people bring immense amount of bad reputation to his amazing forum.
Old 27th May 2009, 19:35   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I'd like all TBHP BB lovers to know the pain,frustration,trauma that i went through my first ever TBHP transaction with a popular member.........
I request the MODS to keep a close eye on "QUICKDRAW" as such people bring immense amount of bad reputation to his amazing forum.
Hey mobike, whatever you typed is like a shock treatment here !! The purpose of this thread was to share your experiences with BB handsets, service providers and supports. Now it has turned out to be a member to member ordeal. Its sad to hear all that, though it still sounds like a story ! I will hold my comments until we hear something from the other side too ! If your experience is true, its very saddening and embarassing to everyone here.

Last edited by shajufx : 27th May 2009 at 19:36.
Old 27th May 2009, 20:04   #899
Senior - BHPian

that's a sad experience mobike. i cant believe the BB Bold could get so messed up in a few months of use. I am quite sure this fault can be rectified at the company's end. And you might have to pay for it.
Old 27th May 2009, 20:32   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hello Blackberry Lovers,
Wow, Mobike! That is quiet a shocker! Spending 23k and getting cheated like this is truly a shocking, to say the least. Well, this shows what the world is today - TRUST NO ONE!!!

Not sure what QD has to say for this. But I am sure there is going to be a "you did / I did" slinging posts.

Even I have had my share of a similar incident where I was given a used, beaten, abused to core Sony P900 by a friend of mine. I trusted him and parted the money and got hit! I only cursed myself for being cheated and the 11k, well, treated it as the cost of my stupidity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
... I am quite sure this fault can be rectified at the company's end. And you might have to pay for it.
I believe we have seens quite a few people posting about this kind of issue with BB, especially the signal drops. But then, why should Mobike shell out more money to correct something, when he should have got a proper set in the first place!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 27th May 2009 at 20:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks