Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 18:04   #946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
No, EDGE is not mandatory. GPRS will get you mails, gprs won't.
Agreed, GPRS will deliver mails, but I had horrible experience with the google maps and messengers. Each time I was on GPRS, I could see German country side on my phone ( I am sure some might have noticed my post with picture in this thread itself).
Old 30th May 2009, 21:34   #947
BHPian

hi friends
Can anyone help me how to browse websites on bb 8100 pearl unlocked.I have a vodafone number.For my e-mails i'm pretty happy with my Iphone.Is it possible that I can browse on GPRS not interested in taking any bb plan.

Last edited by braveheart_77 : 30th May 2009 at 21:36.
Old 31st May 2009, 00:15   #948
BHPian

first of all thanks to quickdraw,Xehaust,

aZa,mobike008 for answering all the queries reg buying a BB handset.

Finally got infected with BB virus,was really confused b/w Storm/8900/BOLD
In the end went for the BOLD(unlocked with Bill & warranty).

Below are some unboxing pics.
Im really impressed with the screen its amazing watched the inbuilt trailers and it was somewhat similar to a mini sony bravia LCD.
Build quality is outstanding.
Getting used to BB menu will take a lil time as this is my first BB device.
Hope i enjoy my BB for long time.
Attached Thumbnails
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-m_dscn0752.jpg  

Blackberry Phones and Services in India-m_dscn0758.jpg  

Blackberry Phones and Services in India-m_dscn0763.jpg  

Blackberry Phones and Services in India-m_dscn0766.jpg  

Blackberry Phones and Services in India-m_dscn0767.jpg  

Last edited by DerAlte : 31st May 2009 at 09:23. Reason: 2 attachments removed at the request of poster
Old 31st May 2009, 00:26   #949
Team-BHP Support

how much did u get it for?
Old 31st May 2009, 00:36   #950
BHPian

i bought this for 33.5k

Last edited by maverick555 : 31st May 2009 at 00:37. Reason: Mispelled the figure
Old 31st May 2009, 01:02   #951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick555 View Post
i bought this for 33.5k
Congrats Maverick. That was a wise decision of buying with bill and warranty and not bought it from pune

Where's your location? Btw, with B&W, i found out recently it is available for 31K out here in Hyderabad.
Old 31st May 2009, 01:20   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Maverick. That was a wise decision of buying with bill and warranty and not bought it from pune

Where's your location? Btw, with B&W, i found out recently it is available for 31K out here in Hyderabad.
thanks
im located in chandigarh.
i found this to be least price quoted to me
same was available at airtel/vodafone/mobile store for 34k
Old 31st May 2009, 01:22   #953
aZa
Senior - BHPian

heyyy Maverick congrats on the new BOLD!!! The package contents are of good quality, the headfones with chrome backs - awesome Now i think you should get an screen protector.

OH btw you should not post ur IMEI publicly!
Old 31st May 2009, 07:53   #954
BHPian

Congrats Maverick, do share which provider you are going with ?
I think Airtel has more serious network when it comes to Blackberry,
Iam 8330 Curve (CDMA) user using reliance but might switch to TATA Later.
Old 31st May 2009, 09:40   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
heyyy Maverick congrats on the new BOLD!!! The package contents are of good quality, the headfones with chrome backs - awesome Now i think you should get an screen protector.

OH btw you should not post ur IMEI publicly!
thanks yea will get a screen protector soon
i was checking the BOLD,no msngrs are preinstalled in it.is it OK?
Old 31st May 2009, 13:23   #956
BHPian

Hi All!

Help needed desperately. I have a BB Storm 9530 and my BIL has a Bold. Both phones were bought in the USA and the warranty has been voided.

Both displays are dead. Needs replacement and I have been running around Bangalore for the last 2 months. No one has been able to source parts and get the phones working.

Is there anyone who knows a reliable BB repair store in Bangalore? Can you help me with the contact details?

Thanks!
Old 31st May 2009, 13:26   #957
Senior - BHPian

congrats mav. So you finally you got BOLD by Blackberry

How is it compared to iPhone
Old 31st May 2009, 13:43   #958
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Yes its normal, i'm sure Bberry messenger is present. But no sweat, just logon to http://mobile.blackberry.com and get it OTA.
Old 31st May 2009, 15:40   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
congrats mav. So you finally you got BOLD by Blackberry

How is it compared to iPhone
Thanks abhi only BB was left which i havent used till date so decided to go with BOLD.
Well,im really liking the BOLD reason being
1.Screen is amazing.
2.Well laid keypad, very less chances of typo error
3.Also sound is sweet so can be compared to iphone in terms of multimedia
4.Camera should be OK haven't tested it though.
4.Mail access on BB has no comparison(Still need to configure the same).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Yes its normal, i'm sure Bberry messenger is present. But no sweat, just logon to http://mobile.blackberry.com and get it OTA.
Yes Bbery messenger is present.Will check this URL.
Thanks
Old 1st June 2009, 00:32   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I agree that we all would haggle, but only give in for a good deal right? So what did I mention that does not inspire confidence? Taking him for a ride? Do I look like some wheeler dealer? I am not in the business of trading used phones my friend.

Err broken laws? If I know my rights correctly here he bought a second hand phone with no kind of manufacturer or dealer warrenty whatsoever. I think legally I am quite bulletproof. But if you were thinking that trying to scare someone by throwing legal jargon at him you choose the wrong guy man. I am surrounded by lawyers most of the time (not in that sense most of my good friends are lawyers) And they would laugh on the face of the guy who claims to be a lawyer and says I've broken laws!

I offered the holster because I had it with me and had no use for it (it wasnt new)

This has gone far enough, so unless you have something real to say about me and mobike's issue I suggest you keep it off the thread. No one has to tell the mods how to do their job. I requested them not to delete these posts so that people know about the TRUTH. And thats that, legal threats and useless rambling should be directed to my email address directly manav.arya(at)gmail.com Please do not waste precious server space or valuable mod time. If there is something real to add that brings any new facts to the table then please be my guest thats why I am here.

About the wheeler dealer bit - You said it, I did not.

The problem seems to be that you are more aware of your rights than your obligations. There is a differance between a gentleman and a cad. A gentleman does the honourable thing, a cad does merely what the law requires him to do.

You better surround yourself with the best lawyers possible before you spout things like "I am quite bulletproof". Since you boast that you are surrounded by lawyers, you might do well to seek their advice on obligations under the fiscal statutes. I am sure that a look at the consequences of purchasing, possessing and selling goods without proper invoices, clearances etc. will be illuminating.

It seems that you are very fond of telling the mods what to do and, often it is asking them not to delete your posts!! While it is not possible to agree with everyting posted on a forum like TBHP, there is however a decorous way of disagreeing.

Re. Your issue with Mobike - it is not a physical defect that Mobike is complaining about. If he or the courier had "not handled it like an infant", the phone would be physically damaged. The phone on the other hand is physically ok. There seems to be a problem with it's software and AFAIK software is not damaged due to mis-handling. You have given several suggestions about how to rectify the software after he complained. If you had told him that the software needed to be fixed in one of the various ways before he complained, he would have had no cause to complain. Please do not try to cloud the issue by referring to service provider etc. the instrument was checked by putting different SIM cards into it, needless to say the problem persisted. Mobike's SIM worked fine in other BBs.

Yes, a simple issue but your misplaced sarcasm and poor choice of words coupled with the tenor of your posts have blown the issue out of proportion. It is this tone of your posts here which inspire no confidence.

A simple "Heyy Mobike, I am sorry the s/w is acting up. Try doing __________________________." would have solved the issue. Instead you go into a rant, try sarcasm, call people names etc.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks