Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:33   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda India : The Way Forward

8488 is getting pretty close tot heir capacity of 10,000 per month. I really hope and wish they take their rightful place in the market, as the premium (not luxury) brand.
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:44   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
8488 is getting pretty close tot heir capacity of 10,000 per month.
Yeah, good to see these numbers and feeling good that Honda is doing good after a long time. But the numbers also tell a different story that the Amaze has eaten share from their own cars, Brio and City sales gone down significantly. Lets wait for couple of more months to see how really the Amaze makes space for it in the market. By competing with other brand cars or by eating Honda's own numbers.

Quote:
I really hope and wish they take their rightful place in the market, as the premium (not luxury) brand.
Premium brand image with what? Amaze or Brio?
They seriously need to bring back the replacements of the Civic and Accord to get that image back.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 3rd May 2013 at 11:48.
Old 3rd May 2013, 13:24   #348
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
But the numbers also tell a different story that the Amaze has eaten share from their own cars, Brio and City sales gone down significantly.
Its better to loose to competition from their own stables ,then to loose to other manufacturers.
Also the initial first month sales of a car is always good.
Old 3rd May 2013, 13:27   #349
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Somehow with the dropping price for Petrol and rising price of Diesel the decision to discontinue Civic and Jazz seems premature. The market dynamics could change in as short a while as 6 months. That said they are likely to be at full production capacity with the Amaze and Brio alone.
Old 4th May 2013, 08:35   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Somehow with the dropping price for Petrol and rising price of Diesel the decision to discontinue Civic and Jazz seems premature. The market dynamics could change in as short a while as 6 months. That said they are likely to be at full production capacity with the Amaze and Brio alone.
One cannot trust the international crude prices and also our govt policies that can change suddenly. Dropping price of petrol may or may not be a long term phenomenon. Either way oil burners will provide more kms per litre which is always attractive to aam aadmi in india
Old 4th May 2013, 09:36   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
March'13 April'13
City 3432 1917
Brio 3917 1628
Dzire 20078 19446

Thats a nearly 50% drop in city sales and almost 70% drop in brio sales. I will say, that indeed is Amaze cannibalizing city and brio. Also don't forget that there is no drastic change in dzire sales in April which is its main competitor. So, i think its actually cannibalization within Honda.
These are factory dispatches to dealerships, and not actual sales figures in April. Sure, there is a relation of these numbers to the actual demand, but to get a realistic picture of the actual sales as impacted by the new entrant Amaze, one needs to wait a few months. Some drop in sales of the City and especially Brio is expected, but Dzire will also surely get affected, a bit more than what is reflected in the above numbers. I know a few who were all set to get Dzire would now probably go for the Amaze.

But there is something else to consider here: Maruti Suzuki has deep penetration of dealerships across the country - they really exist in small towns and even some villages. Honda's presence (and their production capacity) is a lot limited. Hence Dzire sales in citys and bigger towns only will get affected, and overall it will have an effect, but it can never be a dramatic effect - one should keep in mind that Dzire monthly sales are twice the total monthly capacity of Honda (all car models) at the moment. Honda of course is going to double its capacity soon, but the company really needs deeper penetration into smaller towns.

Amaze has started well, given the bookings it has already garnered. I have already seen a few of these on Kolkata roads, and they are looking quite distinguished. As somebody else also said, it's important for a new entrant to start well. For a petrol only car, City always has and will sell a respectable number. A bit more doubtful is Brio, because for a bit more if I can get more car, why not?
Old 4th May 2013, 14:07   #352
Senior - BHPian

Amaze is an amazing product from the Honda stable and one that Honda has gotten all the right ingredients for success, including the pricing. Probably one such product from the company in a long long time, since the type-1 Honda City was launched. But those were different days at Honda.

Amaze and Brio-Diesel (when launched) can actually hunt down the competition and probably finish it in one swipe. Not only they will put Honda back, but also give it a position from which they can command the market. Provided they are able to maintain and not be a hindrance to the supply of cars for this platform.

For the next 6 months, Honda's focus should be here. Then probably concentrate on the next gen City, without being too greedy.
Old 4th May 2013, 16:50   #353
BANNED

Honda must now concentrate more of the Amaze diesel and ways to maximise production and decrease the waiting period as much as they can. If this car also starts getting a waiting of 6-8 months then customers will back off slowly.

Since there is hardly any sale of Brio the production line should be seeing more of diesel Amaze and City. The Amaze is Honda's bread and butter and only way to gain more of the market share from Maruti. A.S.S also should be better equipped and trained properly to handle crowds without any compromise on quality of service.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:41   #354
BHPian

Mod Note : It is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd May 2013 at 16:04.
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 17:24   #355
BHPian

I post this with great excitement and joy, we have a clear view of the new Jazz finally! Coming from a Japanese magazine, the baby is looking sexier than ever. The front is like the previous gen Civic coupe and little City-ish. The low-slung rear is still present with a vertical cluster of tail lamps. Interesting placement of the indicators on the RVM's. The bigger grille gives it a characteristic stance. Dual headlights anyone? Looking sportier than its predecessor, still retains the quarter glasses front and rear. Notable to mention that its the same platform on which the Urban SUV will also be developed. All in all for those of us who missed out on the Jazz, good times are coming! It goes in to production by July and will debut at the Tokyo Motor Show in November. The Brio MPV can wait. Bring this and the Urban SUV on . Yipee!!

Honda India : The Way Forward-image1610426948.jpg

Honda India : The Way Forward-image564040922.jpg

Honda India : The Way Forward-image2629226263.jpg

Last edited by coolmel : 22nd May 2013 at 17:27.
coolmel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 17:37   #356
Senior - BHPian

^Superb it looks! Seriously a game changer if/when it'll come with the iDtec. Hopefully I'll be launched with the new Honda Civic.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 22nd May 2013 at 17:44.
Old 22nd May 2013, 17:40   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

So even Honda succumbs to the temptation of having a similar front end for the whole portfolio of cars. I would rate the older Jazz's looks way better than this clone of city/civic. The old one had a unique sense of style to it.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 19:46   #358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So even Honda succumbs to the temptation of having a similar front end for the whole portfolio of cars. I would rate the older Jazz's looks way better than this clone of city/civic. The old one had a unique sense of style to it.
I agree, this looks pretty boring - more like a CRV or Odyssey with 40-50% reduction, and a little mix of Civic front end thrown in.
Old 22nd May 2013, 20:01   #359
Senior - BHPian

That huge grille looks both ugly and out of place. It's as if the car is screaming "look at me! look at me!" and then you look and ask "why?". Prefer the old one anyday.
Old 22nd May 2013, 20:52   #360
Senior - BHPian

I saw an AMAZE the other day, in traffic. The car looked neat, I was apprehensive about the spartan dashboard, but the one I saw was smashing. It's got the DZIRE licked completely

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks