Old 16th May 2012, 09:16   #571

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

^^ are'nt we all going a little OT here? Lets stick to the Duster.
Old 16th May 2012, 09:21   #572

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Yes we certainly are going OT - am guilty as charged! Apologies!

Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
^^ are'nt we all going a little OT here? Lets stick to the Duster.
Old 16th May 2012, 12:28   #573

The more I read abt Renault India's plan regarding the specs; the more I seem to realize that the Duster may end up just looking a bit SUV-like; but will not feel or drive like one (Pros & Cons included)
More like a Station Wagon/Estate on stilts?
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 13:11   #574

yes.. with High GC seems to be the only thing going for it !

Frankly, if 85bhp is all what they will offer ; then its worse or at the most, equal in power/wt ratio to my current Santro and probably nowhere close in terms of reliability, service presence and Brand support/value.
Old 16th May 2012, 17:15   #575
MAS

Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Features updated on Renault India site-
Renault - Overview

Stylish Chrome grille
Twin barrel headlamps
16'' Alloy Wheels, Front Fog Lamps
Keyless entry
ABS with Brake Assist & EBD
Dual front Airbags
Plush Leather Upholstery
4 Speaker Music System with USB, AUX-IN & Bluetooth Connectivity
Satellite Audio & phone control
Rear Defogger, rear wiper & washer
Electrically adjustable ORVMs
Rear parking sensors
A Boot capacity of 475 litres.
I am sorry, but IIRC, this information was on the web for a couple of months now. The "Request Brochure" will eventually end up with a formal mail from Renault.
Old 18th May 2012, 16:57   #576

Stumbled upon this Economic Times article regarding Renault-Nissan beefing up the production capacity to 8 L cars per year.

I found an interesting point in the article and I quote

"The aim is to penetrate all categories, right from entry-level cars to premium SUVs as well as sedans. And it is depending on cross badging--- replacing the branding trademark of one product to another to save on design and development cost of an all-new model - as a key strategy for this new product portfolio.

For instance, Renault-Nissan is considering cross badging of Nissan Sunny, Renault Duster and Nissan Evalia over the next few years with the aim of cutting development cost and lead time to launch their products in a buzzing Indian market. "

So looks like we can expect a cheaper Nissan branded Duster. That will make it an interesting proposition.

Here's the link to the complete article : Renault-Nissan to double output to 8 lakh units by 2015-16 - The Economic Times

Abhi
Old 19th May 2012, 11:39   #577

^^ Yes , its called Nissan Qashqai !

Looks miles ahead of the Duster in terms of fit & finish.
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2012, 21:20   #578

Came across one more video of the Duster going off-road.

Looks rather extreme.
Old 19th May 2012, 21:29   #579

Thanks mate!

Sorry for going OT here.

Had a look @ the "Qashqai" on Nissan UK website. I like its looks as compared to the duster. The only thing I disliked about the duster was the rear end! Nissan seems to have fixed that.

Also, if it is priced lower than the Renault counterpart, it'd be the perfect icing on the cake.

Abhi
Old 19th May 2012, 21:43   #580

Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya

Had a look @ the "Qashqai" on Nissan UK website. I like its looks as compared to the duster. The only thing I disliked about the duster was the rear end! Nissan seems to have fixed that.

Also, if it is priced lower than the Renault counterpart, it'd be the perfect icing on the cake.

Abhi
Qashqai is a premium compact SUV with lots of gizmos. If launched in India, it will be priced at around 20L. There is even a comparo video between Qashqai and Duster in YouTube.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2012, 21:47   #581

Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya

Thanks mate!

Sorry for going OT here.

Surprised to see the qashqai in the Duster discussion. It's not a counterpart of the Duster; a bit more expensive crossover, and share space with the likes of Skoda Yeti.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2012, 23:35   #582

Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Qashqai is a premium compact SUV with lots of gizmos. If launched in India, it will be priced at around 20L. There is even a comparo video between Qashqai and Duster in YouTube.
Surprised to see the qashqai in the Duster discussion. It's not a counterpart of the Duster; a bit more expensive crossover, and share space with the likes of Skoda Yeti.
@Harsha, @vb-san,

I was going by BUXX's take on it & the ET article which said that a Nissan badged Duster is a possibility. I checked out a video review of the qashqai too. It looked upmarket!.

So there go my hopes of a Duster with a better derriere..

Thanks for your inputs!
naut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 12:03   #583

SAAAX !!!!

26 May is launch/reveal for dealers.
Does anyone with Dealer contacts have any update on this??
Old 26th May 2012, 12:28   #584

On the net i have read that this is supposed to be the world's cheapest Suv.
Well it sure looks good.There are so Many of the Videos all over the net showing the cability of this little Suv.If they price is right and combine it with a good diesel engine then Mahindra,Tata etc beware.
Wonder what will happen to the Yeti.Suzuki should take out an Suv of similar specifications which could be based on the swift/ertiga platform.That would be a hit in the market.
The duster Looks like its cabable of doing mild to a little bit of rough offroading.Its got a good ground clearance as well as the angles of approach and descend are good too.
I hope the one we get comes with the body cladding,roof rails etc.
I am not so fond of the rear but its Acceptable for that price.
The D pillar is quite thick and maybe a problem for all round visibility.
But then the Duster looks quite chunky.I like.
Old 26th May 2012, 14:14   #585

According to delaer, training has started for them and june release is a possibility