Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2013, 14:42   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?

Reports indicate that there would be more than one SUV lined up in the company’s product plan. Based on Suzuki’s announcements it seems to be

1. Maruti XA-Alpha-based compact SUV: It would compete with the Ford EcoSport and should have a sub-4 meter length to avail the Indian small car excise benefits. Revealed at the 2012 Auto Expo, we haven’t heard about it since.

2. Maruti Suzuki iv.4-based SUV: Suzuki has announced the conceptfor the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show. There are no details available on the iv.4. Based on the teaser images, it seems to be a Nissan Juke competitor and one size larger than the XA-Alpha.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/m...the-hour-91063
Old 11th August 2013, 13:16   #167
BANNED

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/21756666.cms

"The new compact model from Maruti will be positioned between the WagonR and the Swift. It will make its debut at the Auto Expo next year".

As it is mentioned that it is not the Stingray, and no way it could be the new Alto / A-Star, which car is this?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 11th August 2013 at 13:19.
Old 11th August 2013, 14:40   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/21756666.cms

"The new compact model from Maruti will be positioned between the WagonR and the Swift. It will make its debut at the Auto Expo next year".

As it is mentioned that it is not the Stingray, and no way it could be the new Alto / A-Star, which car is this?
That's the space occupied by the Ritz. Interestingly- Suzuki Splash was launched in 2008 and the replacement is expected early next year as well.

India-first launch?
Old 12th August 2013, 07:39   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry, I'm wrong. This might be the new A-Star. As it is new car with the 1000cc K-series engine in a relatively new platform than WR and wider than WR (1600mm), Maruti may place it just above WR. In India, it will replace A-Star and Estilo, while in international markets, it may replace Alto (A-Star) and Splash (Ritz). Please note that Suzuki has a 1000cc Splash in other markets. No idea if they have a 1200cc model for this new A-Star.
Old 12th August 2013, 08:18   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That's the space occupied by the Ritz. Interestingly- Suzuki Splash was launched in 2008 and the replacement is expected early next year as well.

India-first launch?
Quote:
Sorry, I'm wrong. This might be the new A-Star.
I dont think it's the Ritz. I think its Maruti's answer to i10 Grand. Now what engine options do they have needs to be seen.

- Petrol : Mostly should be the 1L K-series.
- Now where they may be beaten is that they dont have an answer to Hyndaui's new 1.1L diesel engine.
- Maruti I think was doing away with the current A-star and Estillo and replacing them with the a newer model.
Old 12th August 2013, 09:26   #171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I dont think it's the Ritz. I think its Maruti's answer to i10 Grand. Now what engine options do they have needs to be seen.

- Petrol : Mostly should be the 1L K-series.
- Now where they may be beaten is that they dont have an answer to Hyndaui's new 1.1L diesel engine.
- Maruti I think was doing away with the current A-star and Estillo and replacing them with the a newer model.
Disagree sir. And here's why-

Ritz starts at prices of 4.3L ex- showroom. i10 prices start at 3.75 for the 1.1 and 4.4 for the 1.2. I expect the Grand to be priced upwards of 4.5L, with the i10 series banking on the lower 1.1 variants. Also, i20 range starts from 4.85 L which actually leaves them with very little play area.

That price range puts them squarely against the Ritz. Maruti will need to upgrade soon, or face the heat.

Now, regarding the 1.1 diesel- I expect the pricing to be around 5.5L (Difference is 1.2L for i20. I am assuming 1L here), again putting it squarely against Ritz starting at 5.45 L- with a 1.3 litre engine!

Infact, I think the only big advantage Maruti will have is the engine! Hyundai will beat them hollow in terms of features, looks and interior quality.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th August 2013 at 09:29.
Old 12th August 2013, 10:10   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Disagree sir. And here's why-
Totally agree with the pricing part @CD. What I meant was from an engine capacity point of view. Many may still opt for the engine compared to Grand.

Now the other point was A-Star and Estillo don't sell much as the others.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 19:19   #173
BANNED

Now, this news of a new Zen!

Source: http://autocarpro.in/contents/techno...chnologyID=141
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-8d7512d9bfc34bdbab25e64848b87e79_maruti_sx4.jpg  

Old 13th August 2013, 23:46   #174
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I think this is going to be the A-Star & Estilo replacement car in India. Globally, it will be the new Alto:

Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-image.jpg

Thanks to Suzukifan for the rendering. Read more at:

http://suzukifan.com/2013/08/04/2014...-is-rendering/

It looks like Suzuki designers have gone in for a typical, clean and fuss-free Japanese design. I expect the Indian version to be powered by the 3-cyl. K10B engine. Suzuki's newly developed 2-cyl. diesel would probably make it to this car's engine bay when it is ready. Thankfully, it looks like a tall boy with enough headroom for the rear-seat occupants

Last edited by RSR : 13th August 2013 at 23:53.
Old 14th August 2013, 07:23   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I think this is going to be the A-Star & Estilo replacement car in India. Globally, it will be the new Alto:

It looks like Suzuki designers have gone in for a typical, clean and fuss-free Japanese design.
This almost resembles the first generation Hyundai Getz! Whilst the Getz was indeed a good-looking car, it was probably way ahead of its time when it was launched (however, the mileage from the 1.3 litre petrol engine was nothing to talk about!)
Old 14th August 2013, 08:57   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
This almost resembles the first generation Hyundai Getz!
+1. Exactly what I thought as well. But then - it is slated to be an A-star replacement, hence it should be much smaller than what the pictures suggest.

Waiting for the SX4 crossover. Coming to think of it - they had the right product at the right time. SX4 should have been the original Renault Duster/ Ecosport, but instead the chose to make a sedan out of it and killed it against the city.
Old 14th August 2013, 09:02   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

Attachment 1124988

It looks like Suzuki designers have gone in for a typical, clean and fuss-free Japanese design. I expect the Indian version to be powered by the 3-cyl. K10B engine. Suzuki's newly developed 2-cyl. diesel would probably make it to this car's engine bay when it is ready. Thankfully, it looks like a tall boy with enough headroom for the rear-seat occupants
This design looks already dated. More like Santro and Getz as someone pointed out. Besides they already have WagonR with boxy looks.

Looks like they want to make sure that Zen brand is forgotten from our minds by launching Estilo and this !!

I am sure Suzuki designers drew this sketch in the late 90s for the last decade launch. Maruti must be getting the design very cheap to dump in India
Old 14th August 2013, 09:59   #178
RSR
Senior - BHPian

cpbopanna, CrAzY dRiVeR and rajshenoy - you're correct, it does resemble the Getz from a design point of view. The Getz had different proportions though, it was long and wide. This car is shorter (in terms of length) and narrower with almost kei-car like proportions.

The camouflaged spy photos seem to convey that the car is bigger than a kei-car, with dimensions larger than a Wagon R but smaller than a Ritz.

I believe the design sketch is a preliminary one. In the last set of spy photos, one can see that they have changed the front grille, headlamps and made provisions for fog lamps. The side seems to be almost the same as in the sketch.

Last edited by RSR : 14th August 2013 at 10:02.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 16:41   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki to unveil the iV-4 compact SUV concept at next month's Frankfurt Motor Show. This link contains the information and teaser images of the SUV. Looks promising.
http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...t-month/17069/
Old 28th August 2013, 10:20   #180
BANNED

Source: http://www.carnewschina.com/2013/08/...na-car-market/

The new car is called S-Cross, and not SX4!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-suzukiscrosschina1458x305.jpg  

Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-suzukiscrosschina2.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks