Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2014, 19:03   #136
BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Had a chance to see Mobilio at Auto Expo. The outside design is very nice and inside space too. One thing I noticed that the plastic around HU/Speedo was black instead of brown as in Amaze. I always thought black color would be better but after looking it, I didn't like it! It looked like cheap plastic and looks better in brown color.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 12:36   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Mobilio to be launched in June.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/h...in-june-120126

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th February 2014 at 12:38.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 19:47   #138
BHPian

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pics on page 7

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-imageuploadedbyteambhp1392214465.643409.jpg

Got an opportunity to sit in all the rows in Mobilio. The first two rows are good, the third is actually an eyewash. The problem is the seat is almost just on the floor so your knees are high from the ground and legs never rest in the seat, which is an uncomfortable seating position. Ertiga had definitely much better 3rd row and Innova is in a different league. So realistically, it is 5+2 kids seat configuration.

Last edited by vishnugs : 12th February 2014 at 19:48.
vishnugs is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 20:12   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
Got an opportunity to sit in all the rows in Mobilio. The first two rows are good, the third is actually an eyewash. The problem is the seat is almost just on the floor so your knees are high from the ground and legs never rest in the seat, which is an uncomfortable seating position. Ertiga had definitely much better 3rd row and Innova is in a different league. So realistically, it is 5+2 kids seat configuration.
That is not a good news Experiencing the 3rd row comfort yourself is way more credible than judging it from pictures. I could have never thought that the 3rd row in the Mobilio could be worse off compared to that of the Ertiga. All that cavernous boot space could be a waste if adults of average height in 3rd row cannot seat comfortably. Anyways what is your height & according to you which kind of people (height wise) would be comfortable in the third row?
Old 13th February 2014, 14:12   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post

Oops !!! That's a very good catch my friend. This is looking really bad. It means though it has space it will not be usable for adults. Poor design by Honda i must say. Ertiga is better then for 3rd row. This can be a big deal breaker for many.
Old 13th February 2014, 14:55   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Oops !!! That's a very good catch my friend. This is looking really bad. It means though it has space it will not be usable for adults. Poor design by Honda i must say. Ertiga is better then for 3rd row. This can be a big deal breaker for many.
I saw the new mobilio at Auto Expo and thought the rear leg room was just OK (though i never had a chance to sit inside the car).
I recently had a chance to take a 5 days trip to himachal in an ertiga with 5 adults and a kid and let me tell you there is almost no 3rd row space in Ertiga with 2nd row full of adults.
I would say lets wait and see the actual Mobilio production car.
Old 14th February 2014, 05:30   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyR1der View Post
I saw the new mobilio at Auto Expo and thought the rear leg room was just OK (though i never had a chance to sit inside the car).
I recently had a chance to take a 5 days trip to himachal in an ertiga with 5 adults and a kid and let me tell you there is almost no 3rd row space in Ertiga with 2nd row full of adults.
One important parameter linked to comfort, is the height of the seat with respect to the floor. My observation was that it is too low because it is not a tall car by design so your legs will never rest on the seat. Ertiga is taller than Mobilio so the passengers would get some height advantage in the 3rd row. Btw, I don't own an Ertiga so I have no bias towards either of them.
Old 15th February 2014, 23:17   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyR1der View Post
Though it is a bit over here I cannot restrict myself from asking you, how the Ertiga behaved on the ghat roads of Himachal, with full load? Did you ever feel the need for a bigger engine or a good low end torque in the Ertiga? The Mobilio is likely to surpass the Ertiga in this department. With a larger 1.5 ltr i-Dtec & assuming a good low end torque, it would fare better than the Ertiga in the ghats.

However an Innova would trounce both the pseudo MUVs. With a larger 2.5 ltr engine & the peak torque being produced from as low as 1200 rpm & most importantly being a rear wheel drive, it would drive like a breeze on the ghat roads. No doubt so many Innovas are spotted on the Leh-Laddakh trips.

I always feel a real MUV should have a rear wheel drive only. The new age mini MUVs (a la Ertiga, Mobilio etc) are just extended sedans/hatchbacks with a longer wheelbase. No doubt they give good FE, but then when it comes to hauling loads of people & their luggage for long distances, their true credentials are exposed.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 15th February 2014 at 23:23.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 12:49   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Though it is a bit over here I cannot restrict myself from asking you, how the Ertiga behaved on the ghat roads of Himachal, with full load? Did you ever feel the need for a bigger engine or a good low end torque in the Ertiga? The Mobilio is likely to surpass the Ertiga in this department. With a larger 1.5 ltr i-Dtec & assuming a good low end torque, it would fare better than the Ertiga in the ghats. -

However an Innova would trounce both the pseudo MUVs. With a larger 2.5 ltr engine & the peak torque being produced from as low as 1200 rpm & most importantly being a rear wheel drive, it would drive like a breeze on the ghat roads. No doubt so many Innovas are spotted on the Leh-Laddakh trips.

I always feel a real MUV should have a rear wheel drive only. The new age mini MUVs (a la Ertiga, Mobilio etc) are just extended sedans/hatchbacks with a longer wheelbase. No doubt they give good FE, but then when it comes to hauling loads of people & their luggage for long distances, their true credentials are exposed.
I must say i must give full credit to Ertiga for i never felt lack of power while going up the ghat roads. I did however felt i needed to downshift often. On the highway i felt fully laden Ertiga could do with a few more horses under the hood. Overall handling (in the hills) was not up-to mark as the body-roll was so bad that even the middle row passengers felt the brunt of it.
EasyR1der is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 20:15   #145
Senior - BHPian

I just read this thread + pictures of Mobilio on Autocar indonesia website and compared it with our Ertiga review by Vidyut. It might be too early to comment but i felt that Mobilio does NOT offer features like centre arm rest, MID, Basic ICE (ertiga type) and even the third row disappoints. Ertia has 4 blowers for rear, compared to three in the mobilio. Thinner seats and fixed front headrests, add fuel to the fire. I have compared the Indonesian pics with the Auto expo pics and i feel dissappointed. Even simple details like front left AC Vent cup holder seems missing from Mobilio.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-gal...77,25.aspx#pic

on second looks, Ertiga's enteriors are much better than Mobilio's. The only disaapointment is the factory ICE, which i believe can be replaced with an Ertiga specific Caska HU costing Rs. 35,000/-.

Other than the iDTEC Engine and the "H" badge, does anyone see at least one plus point of Mobilio over Ertiga ? Mobilio is rumoured to have a 30,000/- premium over the Ertiga at the very least. What justifies the premium other than the badge and iDTEC. (I can live without the additonal lamp on the tailgate or an automatic box petrol MUV ).

Last edited by scopriobharath : 18th February 2014 at 20:20.
Old 19th February 2014, 11:22   #146
Senior - BHPian

Hi @scopriobharath

IMO for many people Honda badge is far more premium than the refined MJD engine & widespread service network of Maruti Suzuki.

Moreover, Honda will market the easy drive-ability (lesser ~ minimal turbo lag), spacious interiors & bigger boot a big way. Also, the the i-vtec on the Mobilio will surely attract many buyers over Ertiga's petrol variant.

I still believe, it won't affect Ertiga's market much, rather few sedan sales could suffer because of Mobilio.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 14:50   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi @scopriobharath

IMO for many people Honda badge is far more premium than the refined MJD engine & widespread service network of Maruti Suzuki.

Moreover, Honda will market the easy drive-ability (lesser ~ minimal turbo lag), spacious interiors & bigger boot a big way. Also, the the i-vtec on the Mobilio will surely attract many buyers over Ertiga's petrol variant.

I still believe, it won't affect Ertiga's market much, rather few sedan sales could suffer because of Mobilio.
Oh - Then it is really a big disaapointment.

Ertiga offers so many desirable features compared to the Mobilio. I assume that the final production mobilio will NOT be much different from the Indonesian one or the Auto-Expo one. Informed buyers will for sure buy Ertiga. With Mobilio, if one is ready to ignore the badge, Suddenly, the Enjoy and Evalia+Caska+tyre upgrade seems to a lucrative option. . I would have preferred if honda would have matched features at the very least. I was okay even if the Amaze ICE is carried on to mobilio (Caska is available).

I am waiting for the review to be out
Old 19th February 2014, 14:59   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Oh - Then it is really a big disaapointment.

Ertiga offers so many desirable features compared to the Mobilio. I assume that the final production mobilio will NOT be much different from the Indonesian one or the Auto-Expo one. Informed buyers will for sure buy Ertiga. With Mobilio, if one is ready to ignore the badge, Suddenly, the Enjoy and Evalia+Caska+tyre upgrade seems to a lucrative option. . I would have preferred if honda would have matched features at the very least. I was okay even if the Amaze ICE is carried on to mobilio (Caska is available).

I am waiting for the review to be out
I believe, I may have put across my views completely in previous post, but would also like to mention that Honda has targeted to make the Mobilio safest in class. Like other Hondas at least basic safety features will be available on both petrol & diesel variants IMO, which are not available on petrol Ertiga. I would suggest one should wait till this vehicle is out.

If however, you are more concerned with features, better wait for the Hyundai offering which should be out in late 2015, as far as I know.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 16:18   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
... Like other Hondas at least basic safety features will be available on both petrol & diesel variants IMO, which are not available on petrol Ertiga...
Does Amaze entry level petrol have ABS?? I do NOT think so. But it's standard on diesel Amaze variants. As far as I remember, the strategy is very similar to Ertiga and ONLY the petrol base loses ABS while it's standard on all other variants.

Edit:: Three low variants in petrol Amaze does NOT get ABS. Source:: Honda Amaze website. http://www.hondacarindia.com/amaze/features.html

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th February 2014 at 16:21.
Old 19th February 2014, 16:31   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Does Amaze entry level petrol have ABS?? I do NOT think so. But it's standard on diesel Amaze variants. As far as I remember, the strategy is very similar to Ertiga and ONLY the petrol base loses ABS while it's standard on all other variants.

Edit:: Three low variants in petrol Amaze does NOT get ABS. Source:: Honda Amaze website. http://www.hondacarindia.com/amaze/features.html
Hi @swiftnfurious

Amaze's got a 1.2L petrol engine, as compared to 1.5L on the Mobilio. Honda City is the reference for 1.5L petrol mill & even the base gets ABS & driver's airbags (link - https://www.hondacarindia.com/AllNewCity/features.html) I feel the same will be offered on Mobilio Petrol as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks