Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2015, 20:59   #991
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I guess you spoke for me and all the 'stupid' owners of the previous gen Jazz. While we want the car to be a commercial success this time, it will be even better if Honda keeps it really exclusive and load it up with features and all kinds of bells and whistles. The Mugen kit will be really sweet

And yes, the last gen Jazz had better quality than the previous gen City, period. One of the main reasons why I went for it in spite of being 'overpriced'.
+1

I would pay more for a Jazz than the top-end City if it came with 6 airbags, ESC and US/Euro-spec build quality.
chncar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 00:38   #992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
. Definitely Ajay, the Push-button Start. But that does not take anything away from the flexibility the Jazz provides. Moreover, Jazz will come with Touch-screen HU + Navigation which is absent in i20 and will, IMO, be immensely more useful than a push-button start - even though the frequency of use will be lesser. Each feature will attract a different set of buyers and it is up to the market to evaluate what is more useful and what is not.

Matching i20 sales is pretty much out of question. Can happen only if Jazz eats significantly into i20 sales. i20 is selling 10-12k units per month. For Heaven sake, Honda cannot even produce that many Jazzs forget selling. Honda can match i20 only if it takes 5-6k out of the 10-12k which is going to be a very very tough job to do.
Hah! You're probably right about the manufacturing ability of Honda for the Jazz. And yeah, exactly my point that different features appeal to different folks. My response was penned down as the features like 'keyless entry' were written off as not a deal breaker compared to some other handy features in Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Some comments on this thread are seriously greedy. Jazz in other markets are positioned above the City. We will not see that in India till our average car buyers grow up.
Yes! We need to grow up to looking beyond fancy badges and start respecting the need for Build quality and Safety.

Everyone is talking about interior parts quality and feel. What about the metal (build) quality? Is Honda's sheet metal quality confidence inspiring enough for a 1.5 ltr V-Tech?

Last edited by k_ajay : 16th May 2015 at 00:40. Reason: Spelling error.
Old 16th May 2015, 00:57   #993
BHPian

Any doubt on Jazz July launch was put to rest by Honda India.
Honda India tweeted this a while ago...
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda.jpg  

BlueEyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 07:02   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
+1
I would pay more for a Jazz than the top-end City if it came with 6 airbags, ESC and US/Euro-spec build quality.
Sadly, Highly unlikely the market will agree with us on this. I would have loved to get such a Jazz for sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Yes! We need to grow up to looking beyond fancy badges and start respecting the need for Build quality and Safety.

Everyone is talking about interior parts quality and feel. What about the metal (build) quality? Is Honda's sheet metal quality confidence inspiring enough for a 1.5 ltr V-Tech?
True. Its high time top priority is given to safety and build quality. But what is the likeliness of that happening in India in the near future, unless the Government themselves enforces them.

I am someone who believe that sheet metal thickness does not have much to do with safety. I agree that the Japanese cars generally have lesser thickness and is not a very great trend. But I don't see it as a safety concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Any doubt on Jazz July launch was put to rest by Honda India.
Honda India tweeted this a while ago...
BlueEyes, Honda had confirmed this long back in their FB page, twitter handle and website. We have posted the same here as well. What you have posted is a part of Honda's promotional activity where they are keeping the buzz by tweeting everyday about the new Jazz.

Last edited by Vigkey : 16th May 2015 at 07:05.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 07:52   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The announcement came in the form of a teaser image of the car by Honda, saying that the all new Jazz is coming in July. Expected to be priced in the range of Rs. 4.70 lakh - Rs. 8 lakh, the Jazz will take on the likes of Hyundai i20, Maruti Suzuki Swift and others in the league.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazz1_678x352_814199222251.jpg
^^Source: NDTV Auto
Quote:
The car is already sold around the globe as the Honda Fit but in India it gets rebadged as the Jazz. The new Jazz will be aimed at customers looking for a premium hatchback and will have an advantage over the i20 since the Hyundai demands a long waiting period. The new Jazz has been a huge hit in Japan.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondanewjazz150515.jpg
^^Source: IBN Live
Look at the first picture. It resembles the old i20 from the rear half.

Last edited by rajeev k : 16th May 2015 at 07:58.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 19:11   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Sadly, Highly unlikely the market will agree with us on this. I would have loved to get such a Jazz for sure though.
True, but Honda is anyway manufacturing such cars for export. How would it hurt them to have one such variant in their line-up. Would give them bragging rights, give them brand building opportunities, and they would have a really loyal (admittedly niche but growing) customer segment who would seek out and buy it - there are many previous gen Jazz owners I am sure, who despite it being a so-called 'failed model' in the mass market, don't want to buy anything else and are patiently waiting for the current gen Jazz to be released.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 21:17   #997
BHPian

Quote:
- there are many previous gen Jazz owners I am sure, who despite it being a so-called 'failed model' in the mass market, don't want to buy anything else and are patiently waiting for the current gen Jazz to be released.
I am one such owner. Though my routine ride has changed recently I have no plans to sell the car. And I look forward to driving jazz whenever I can.

Remember when the prices dropped there was a huge waiting for this car and the company was not ready to sell more as they were making losses on every jazz that they sold.

New Jazz with 1.5 ltr CVT will turn out to be ultimate city car. I hope honda is listening.

Last edited by rutvij : 16th May 2015 at 21:20.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 12:59   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quoting from the Honda India website and posting by one of the members,

Quote:
Spoke to a Honda Sales Manager here in Chennai and he has confirmed the following details.

1. No Key Less entry
2. No Push button start/Stop
3. A|C Vents will be button type no touch
4. No leather Seats
5. Petrol Engine to come in 1.2 L & Diesel Engine will be 1.5 L
6. Booking starts from June 3rd week . Booking advance is Rs 50,000 and Delivery starts from July 24th
Going by the above 'Magic Seats' too will get a miss in the Indian variant.

https://hondacarindia.com/nothingelse/index.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 17:53   #999
BHPian

As a Jazz owner for the last five years, I haven't used the full features of the 'magic seats', in the sense that I seldom use it in the upward folding position. Personally feel a 60:40 split with flat folding should be good enough even if magic seats are not available.
Also one crib on the original version (which they rectified later) is the too upright sitting position of the rear seats which hurts on long journeys.
Having said that I should admit that this was one of the most hassle free ownership experience I ever had. Absolutely trouble free car.
bijujj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 18:25   #1000
BHPian

I am planning to replace my 6 year old Swift and almost decided on Jazz Automatic. There will be a highway ride every alternate month, but I decided to give my left foot much needed rest in this insane and frustrating B'lore traffic. Going by the comments on this thread it's unlikely that Honda will offer 1.5L CVT even more unlikely that Diesel CVT will be an option. Just weighing the pros and cons of manual and automatic for now. Also, I can't express how tacky these alloys look on the new Jazz. I know City has similar design but they are just so unappealing. If you see pictures of Jazz sold in different countries alloys are just so cool.

On a side note, I thought Jazz is sold as Fit in oversees market but on my recent visit to Singapore I noticed quite a few Honda Jazz cars with both Jazz and Fit badges!! Couldn't quite understand Honda's strategy there.
Old 17th May 2015, 19:13   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijujj View Post
As a Jazz owner for the last five years, I haven't used the full features of the 'magic seats', in the sense that I seldom use it in the upward folding position. Personally feel a 60:40 split with flat folding should be good enough even if magic seats are not available.
I agree, 60:40 split with flat folding should be good. However, I would expect aggressive launch price given all these cost cutting for India Jazz.

What we may miss as compared to City in top variant Jazz?
- 1.5l petrol engine
- Shark fin antenna
- Key less entry
- Touch panel for AC
- Push Start/Stop button
- Sunroof
- Rear AC vents
- Chrome door handle
- Cruise control

What I hope we get
- Rear parking camera
- Arm rest
- One Touch Up/Down with Pinch Guard
- Foot rest
- Rear parking sensors
- Steering mounted Bluetooth controls
Old 17th May 2015, 22:23   #1002
@KP
BHPian

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1431881548.401722.jpg

The new Ben and Chloe teaser looks interesting....
Old 17th May 2015, 23:29   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
True, but Honda is anyway manufacturing such cars for export. How would it hurt them to have one such variant in their line-up. Would give them bragging rights, give them brand building opportunities, and they would have a really loyal (admittedly niche but growing) customer segment who would seek out and buy it - there are many previous gen Jazz owners I am sure, who despite it being a so-called 'failed model' in the mass market, don't want to buy anything else and are patiently waiting for the current gen Jazz to be released.
Yes Chncar, they are already producing such models for overseas market and can offer one variant to us. But the problem is it would cost more and they will not want to forgo their profits. Neither would they want to price high. This will ensure that such a variant will never come here in the near future. Also, remember i20 came with such a variant and how many did they sell? No wonder they discontinued that variant for elite i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
New Jazz with 1.5 ltr CVT will turn out to be ultimate city car. I hope honda is listening.
Yes rutvij, you know that, I too know that.I am sure Honda is also listening. But sadly for us, they will choose to ignore us, as they don't want the market to think Jazz is "pricey".

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quoting from the Honda India website and posting by one of the members

1. No Key Less entry
2. No Push button start/Stop
3. A|C Vents will be button type no touch
4. No leather Seats
5. Petrol Engine to come in 1.2 L & Diesel Engine will be 1.5 L
Hey Volkman, was this part of the official communication? No, right? And I could not find this in Honda website. Can you please post the exact link?? Key less entry and go is a fancy feature and I would not mind it go. Magic seats again will not be a deal breaker for me. Absence of 1.5 i-VTEC was also confirmed by Mr Sen. With darker interiors I will actually prefer fabric seat covers. Coming to AC, I guess you were not talking about vents but the AC unit itself. Do you mean the ACC will be normal button type or will the unit be a non ACC manual unit?? Manual AC will be a deal breaker for me and a downgrade from my Dzire ZXi. Every car in the segment has ACC and it should not be compromised by Honda. I am fine with a non-touch conventional ACC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I agree, 60:40 split with flat folding should be good. However, I would expect aggressive launch price given all these cost cutting for India Jazz.

What we may miss as compared to City in top variant Jazz?
- 1.5l petrol engine
- Shark fin antenna
- Key less entry
- Touch panel for AC
- Push Start/Stop button
- Sunroof
- Rear AC vents
- Chrome door handle
- Cruise control

What I hope we get
- Rear parking camera
- Arm rest
- One Touch Up/Down with Pinch Guard
- Foot rest
- Rear parking sensors
- Steering mounted Bluetooth controls
Not sure about rear AC vents, but 95% it wil be absent. Rear parking camera will come for VX variant and I guess I observed that in the gaadiwaadi spyshot. There will be reverse parking sensors though, even City does not get it if I remember correctly. If you mean Armrest for driver, it might be present, but it will be given a miss in the rear seat for sure. One touch up/down with pinchgaurd might come for Drivers window alone (50% chance). Footrest - u mean dead pedal? It will not be present. At the maximum you can expect a pseudo one like in City. Steering mounted phone controls might again be similar to the ones in city - below steering wheel on the left.

Last edited by Vigkey : 17th May 2015 at 23:39. Reason: merged posts
Old 18th May 2015, 13:20   #1004
BHPian

Team-BHPians, we have some new spy-shots of the interiors of the new Jazz from Cardekho!!! Some interesting bits here!!!

Non-top trim (SV or V variant probably) was the one spied. Features as I observed.
  • Paddle shifters - Segment first
  • Touch screen ACC controls
  • Steering mounted Bluetooth controls
  • City's 5" non-touchscreen unit
  • Leather stitched steering wheel
  • No push-button start - but the panel has an option for that - is such a variant in offering??
Pics below.

Name:  Jazz_Interiors.png
Views: 4551
Size:  508.8 KB

Name:  Jazz_Interiors_2.png
Views: 4413
Size:  492.9 KB

We can also see that the carpets and door trims are black which means the interiors will definitely be dark. Jazz will also get the MID similar to City as a round LCD display on the right of the speedometer.

Guess this scoop laid to rest some doubts about the ACC and paddle shifters and steering mounted bluetooth controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
The new Ben and Chloe teaser looks interesting....
Any idea why this has been taken off Honda's official twitter handle and FB page??

Last edited by Vigkey : 18th May 2015 at 13:41. Reason: Added comments
Vigkey is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 15:29   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Aniketi, this is not previous generation Jazz where there were only 3 variants and all three were pretty well loaded with some very minor differences between them. This time Honda is targeting the masses and have many variants - starting from barebones to fully loaded. Starting price of 6.5 lakhs (No, I am not going to consider the +/2 25k) will make sure the 1000s of Jazzs manufactured already will remain in Tapukara itself.

Based on your pricing, Jazz will range from 6.5 to 8.3 lakhs for petrol. SV MT City comes at 8.8 lakhs. For a bigger engine, City brand and sedan snob value, people will easily buy City. IMO, Jazz top-end should not touch City Base (just like i20 vs Verna) - only then there will be good sales for Jazz.

Honda is in fact learning from Hyundai. You can see that in City initial pricing and kind of features offered. Hyundai base is barre-bones just like Honda same goes for top end also. Honda, I am sure is targeting i20 alone and will be looking at ~7k sales per month. Swift is too far ahead and they will be very confident of beating Polo and Bolt.
Knowing Honda, I am sure they will price it around 6.5 Lacs only. If they price it lower than 6 Lacs which is closer to Amaze and will kill Amaze for sure. Already Amaze is struggling and Honda will not want to kill it by pricing Jazz closer to Amaze. Honda learning you say, with Mobilio pricing, they showed us that they have not learned the lesson completely and made same mistake again with pricing. Do you agree ? Result ? Its already on the way to marked as Flop. Just see April figures, its not even 700. With arrival of Lodgy and new Ertiga coming soon, i am sure Mobilio will have hard time ahead.

For Honda, Jazz is a premium product and surely they want to maintain that status. They will not try to price it very low which will affect its premium ness. Lets see how Honda launches it. I am not very hopeful though. Honda disappointed me last time as well when i was very keen to buy one. I settled for Dzire instead seeing its ridiculous pricing and i don't regret that at all.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks