Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2015, 22:47   #856
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Being a current Jazz owner I think Jazz interiors are way better than Amaze in terms of quality and ergonomics. If we look at numbers the interior space is I believe better than Amaze and boot capacity is 366 liters.
I have heard that the new Jazz has 400 liters of boot space which is same as Amaze. So I am not sure if the more boot space concept in Sedan Vs Hatch holds through here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
There is no comparison really (other than paper specs) between the Jazz and the Amaze. The Jazz is a global platform with world class space and flexibility, whereas the Amaze is cut-price built to cost car for third world countries with compromises in almost every respect.

Again, boot space comparison of 366 vs 400 liters is another paper spec that would make sense only to someone who has not seen either car. The Jazz has so much more useable and flexible storage (not just boot) space with the magic seats meaning that you can fold flat or use various combinations to store odd shaped items and free up a lot more boot space if needed, none of which is possible in the Amaze.

It is not the actual boot space but the mentality of buyers and delusions of 'status' that he is probably referring to.
Guys, We know Jazz is definitely superior to Amaze in ALL terms. Except maybe the boot space where Amaze wins by 400L vs Jazz's 363L.

But the junta is not concerned about that. Most of them want a "boot" - not for the capacity, but for the "status" (Again, Most not All).

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
This is an interesting debate going on regarding how Honda will position the Jazz in terms of pricing.

If you see, Hyundai has priced the I20 slightly more than the Xcent and it seems people have no issues accepting a hatchback over the 'sedan' going by the sales numbers. Though Hyundai would have liked to see more sales for the Xcent as I am sure the margins on the Xcent would be way higher than I20.
Hey buddy, I had provided the views on why I think i20 sells more than Xcent. And why Jazz will have to fight it out with Amaze and i20 and what Honda can do to differentiate (elevate) itself from Amaze and i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Now, there is one exception. Xcent - both Grand i10 and i20 are selling more. Reasons why Xcent is not selling as much as i20
  • i20 is a well established brand while Xcent is very new
  • puny 1.1 L diesel in Xcent

Coming back to Amaze vs Jazz, Jazz will have it tough here mainly because of the perceived superiority of the sedan and also the fact that both offers the same engine set. Honda will do Jazz a world of good, if it gives the 6-speed transmission from City to the Jazz iDTEC. That will be a good differentiation from Amaze and also will match i20. In Petrols, the CVT option (and the perceived superiority over conventional Torque Converters) should help automatic Jazz to sell well. Manual Petrol version will be a little hard to sell IMO - They should have given the 1.5L iVTEC option as a differentiation.

Coming Jazz vs i20. Jazz will again have it very tough because of the excellent recall value of i20 and the fact that it is a blockbuster already. Also, i20 was never a failure and Jazz once was. Very good pricing and kitting along with nice marketing should be there for Jazz to match i20.
Old 25th April 2015, 10:04   #857
BHPian

Being a perspective jazz buyer, this wait is actually killing me. I understand its due to the production constraints but the plant expansion won't happen until 2016, and they cannot delay it that long as well. So they might as well launch it already! Please Honda!
Old 25th April 2015, 11:16   #858
Senior - BHPian

This photo of Honda Jazz with Hyundai in the background depicts the future, Honda will be overshadowed by Hyundai!

Such an iconic photograph.

Hyundai/KIA has already climbed the ladder in the global automotive sales and is now behind Toyota, VW and GM.

It's a matter of time before Hyundai beats the out of Honda and starts chasing Toyota.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzrearatautoshanghai2015900x596.jpg  

Old 25th April 2015, 12:23   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
This photo of Honda Jazz with Hyundai in the background depicts the future, Honda will be overshadowed by Hyundai!

Such an iconic photograph.
Sir, mind explaining how your post (except for the photograph) is even remotely related to this thread?? And Yes, there is NOTHING iconic about that photograph either.

Quote:
Hyundai/KIA has already climbed the ladder in the global automotive sales and is now behind Toyota, VW and GM.
Agree that Hyundai has done exceedingly well to be where it is. But I guess you have chosen the wrong thread to showcase these facts. It is stricly

Quote:
It's a matter of time before Hyundai beats the out of Honda and starts chasing Toyota.
And which market are we talking about? Indian or Global. In either case, I guess, Hyundai has already above Honda by a good margin. Coming to Toyota, in Indian market Hyundai is very well above Toyota but in global market, it will be close to impossible for Hyundai to close in on them. So, what is the point you are trying to make?

Anyways, over here, let us discuss Jazz and its competitors here and not a brand war. Thanks and Peace.
Vigkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 20:09   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Sir, mind explaining how your post (except for the photograph) is even remotely related to this thread?? And Yes, there is NOTHING iconic about that photograph either.
My apologies that my post is NOT related to this thread. I just saw the photos of the Jazz and this particular photo of Jazz with Hyundai above it got my attention, illustrating Hyundai brand above Honda brand.

Quote:
Agree that Hyundai has done exceedingly well to be where it is. But I guess you have chosen the wrong thread to showcase these facts. It is stricly
My second apology in case I hurt your feelings.

[quote]And which market are we talking about? Indian or Global. In either case, I guess, Hyundai has already above Honda by a good margin. Coming to Toyota, in Indian market Hyundai is very well above Toyota but in global market, it will be close to impossible for Hyundai to close in on them. So, what is the point you are trying to make?[quote]

Some of the vehicles of Hyundai/KIA (Elantra/Rio/Cerato) are chasing Toyota models globally.

Quote:
Anyways, over here, let us discuss Jazz and its competitors here and not a brand war. Thanks and Peace.
My Third apology to you for hurting your feelings.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th April 2015 at 12:42. Reason: Fixing quote tags
Old 27th April 2015, 15:57   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Jazz will be launched in Q3 2015 - Is it an indicative of an August / Festive season launch?

Quote:
When is the launch of the new Honda Jazz?

We plan to launch the Jazz in next quarter.
http://overdrive.in/news/2015-honda-...hat-to-expect/

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th April 2015 at 16:00.
Old 27th April 2015, 16:10   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Jazz will be launched in Q3 2015 - Is it an indicative of an August / Festive season launch?

http://overdrive.in/news/2015-honda-...hat-to-expect/
I think it points to launch in July as is being reported by ACI and other auto websites. What is interesting to note is the quality of reporting or proof reading. The article starts by saying "The refreshed Honda Jazz which was showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo is expected to be in the Indian market by June 2015 and will be available in both petrol and diesel versions."

This is followed by Q&A where Jnaneshwar Sen has said that "We plan to launch the Jazz in next quarter."

How can June fall in next quarter
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 16:48   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I think it points to launch in July as is being reported by ACI and other auto websites. What is interesting to note is the quality of reporting or proof reading. The article starts by saying "The refreshed Honda Jazz which was showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo is expected to be in the Indian market by June 2015 and will be available in both petrol and diesel versions."

This is followed by Q&A where Jnaneshwar Sen has said that "We plan to launch the Jazz in next quarter."

You are right, the proofreading is absolutely pathetic. The very first line states "Jazz had a forgetful first outing in the Indian market." - I think they meant forgettable, unless the Jazz has a brain and is suffering from memory loss.

Also, what an absolutely useless interview given by the Honda India marketiing head. Answers every question with vague mumbo jumbo with no real information shared. Would have been better off not giving that interview and wasting his and other people's time.

Last edited by chncar : 27th April 2015 at 16:50.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 19:02   #864
BHPian

Quote:
A post by my friend Akash in The Automotive India (TAI) indicates a similar period. He got the news from Honda Noida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post

Absolutely pathetic piece from OD. Such a long and pointless interview / article. very less to take away after reading that article. It also has so many wrong info. Some of them are below.
  • Sen says "Launch in next period" vs OD says "Launch in June"
  • A CVT, like before, can also be expected on the petrol variant - When did Jazz ever have a CVT box in India??

Looks like they were in a hurry to post the information and forgot to edit / proofread the article.

Last edited by Vigkey : 27th April 2015 at 19:10.
Old 28th April 2015, 09:37   #865
Senior - BHPian

I had an opportunity to receive a short ride on the new Jazz in Thailand yesterday. The owner was an expat Malaysian who was staying in same hotel and was very enthusiastic when I asked about the car. I showed him my car pics and discussed a lot. Best part, the fit and finish was way better than our current Honda City which is unlikely for India.

Says the car is way better than previous gen. His was an AT model and cost about 600K Bhat. That makes it close to 12L INR which is the scary part. Hope they price it sanely in India.
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 13:05   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post

Says the car is way better than previous gen. His was an AT model and cost about 600K Bhat. That makes it close to 12L INR which is the scary part. Hope they price it sanely in India.
When he says the current gen is way better, did he mention any specifics? I think the biggest area of improvement for the Jazz is the low speed ride quality followed by slightly better under thigh support and low rpm pickup (particularly in 3rd gear)
Old 4th May 2015, 10:10   #867
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2015 Honda Jazz will not have a "Cross" avatar, but it may come with a sporty "RS" variant instead, says Jnaneshwar Sen, Senior Vice President for Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd.

Quote:
Mr. Sen did not specifically give out the Indian Jazz’s localization content, but said that volume models currently sold have a local content of over 90 percent. Given that the Jazz shares its platform and many parts with the City, a similar number can be expected for the hatchback as well.

Mr. Sen confirmed that the car will be produced at the Tapukara plant in Rajasthan.

Three of the Jazz’s competitors in India – the Hyundai Elite i20, VW Polo and Fiat Punto Evo – have spawned ‘cross’ variants (Hyundai i20 Active, VW Cross Polo and Fiat Avventura) which further add to the sales numbers. A recent report indicated that Honda was considering a cross variant on the new Jazz for the Brazilian market, where it would replace the previous generation Honda Fit Twist – a cross variant of the second generation Jazz. For the Indian market however, Mr. Sen said there “is no plan to introduce a cross version on the Jazz”, at least in the immediate future.
SOURCE - IAB

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th May 2015 at 10:11.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 10:27   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
When he says the current gen is way better, did he mention any specifics? I think the biggest area of improvement for the Jazz is the low speed ride quality followed by slightly better under thigh support and low rpm pickup (particularly in 3rd gear)
Not sure what exactly he meant, but he said he has done long distances to Chiang Mai which is about 90mins by flight, so road distance must be 800km. He felt more comfortable to ride longer. Will have to see what they offer here.
Old 6th May 2015, 15:56   #869
Distinguished - BHPian

To All Prospective Jazz buyers..the time seems near(?),

Honda India releases teaser to Jazz in their official website with a tag line " Hold your breath a little bit more"!

Name:  carlight.gif
Views: 2430
Size:  1.17 MB

https://www.hondacarindia.com/nothingelse/index.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th May 2015 at 16:14.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 16:14   #870
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
To All Prospective Jazz buyers..the time seems near(?),

Honda India releases teaser to Jazz in their official website with a tag line " Hold your breath a little bit more".

Attachment 1367621

https://www.hondacarindia.com/nothingelse/index.aspx

Did you notice the gear at 0.17 - 0.19 seconds. Doesn't look like that of manual transmission box!!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 7th May 2015 at 03:43. Reason: Please avoid quoting videos when replying.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks