Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2015, 16:36   #871
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz coming soon

Interiors sport a black and grey theme. The steering wheel resembles the City's unit with mounted controls. A large infotainment screen sits in the centre of the dashboard which seems to have navigation, DVD, Bluetooth, Aux-in, i-pod and USB connectivity. The car doesn't seem to have an engine start-stop button nor keyless entry like its closest rival - Elite i20. The layout of the instrument cluster appears similar to the City but the design seems new.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz.jpg

Link to news article
S2!!! is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 16:50   #872
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
To All Prospective Jazz buyers..the time seems near(?),

https://www.hondacarindia.com/nothingelse/index.aspx
From What I could gather from the video and assuming the commercial has a top end variant.

1. No cruise control ( video shows the steering with control on the left only and blank right which houses cruise control in Honda city)
2. No Sunroof, If it was there they would have shown it
3. 15 Inch wheels as seen in the takapura plant photos. No fancy SA spec 16 inchers.
4. No Projector lights ( No RS variant?)
5. Automatic box (Petrol only?)
6. Orange paint shade
7. No led tail lamps
8. Radio looked similar to City (reversing camera)?
9. DVD player
10. Power folding mirrors
11. No keyless entry or Start button ( didn't see start button or door handle button, in fact the guy starts the car using the key)
Crazy_Bean is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 17:13   #873
Senior - BHPian

^^

Great observations above.

Couple of other things I noticed -
There are blinkers on the OVRM
The rear brake light on the spoiler seems to be a LED one?

I don't think I saw the ACC..did anyone notice?
This is going to be a big miss if true.

The touchscreen head unit looked nice and big.
The City-esque shark fin antenna is a nice surprise.
The instrument console seems exactly as the City - is there a difference?
Also, the ugly alloys from the City are carried over. The previous gen City and Jazz had a classic 5-spoke alloy design which looks good even after so many years. The new one just lacks any sort of class or elegance, looks cheap and over-styled.

The projector headlights and 16" tires would be great to have but I guess those are not being offered in the City. So, kind of futile to expect that in the Jazz.May be in a RS variant a year or 2 later.

I don't think most people are going to complain about cruise control or sunroof in this segment.
But the ACC and keyless entry and start-stop button is ubiquitous now ..so people would expect those in a premium hatch. Seems like huge miss from Honda!
May be they will price it close to the Elite I20 by omitting some of these features

Last edited by adimicra : 6th May 2015 at 17:14.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 17:23   #874
BHPian

Awesome Teaser!!! Makes one (at least me) watch multiple times to catch the features. Most of what I observed are already posted above . I will list down some that I found extra.
  • Car shown in teaser is Petrol Auto. Has no paddle shifters - no clue if this is a CVT or Torque Converter
  • No cruise control
  • I Could not spot the Shark-fin antenna. @Adimicra - when was it shown??
  • Could not spot the Touch Screen ACC - will definitely be a turn off for many if it has only manual AC
  • No RS version?? - so, no projectors or DRLs
  • Single barrel headlamp unlike the City's double barrel - could be a blessing in disguise knowing how pathetic City's high beam is
  • Unfortunately, no 16" beauties - only the normal 15" wheels (@Adimicra - the alloys are not the ones in City or Amaze, this one is very similar to Swift though)
  • Fortunately the front grille is glossy black and not Chrome
  • ICE has Navigation also - similar to City VX(O)
  • Has ABS and Airbags.
  • No manual temperature gauge
  • No clue about Magic Seats
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 18:19   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are 20 crucial screenshots from the official Honda Jazz teaser released today:

Illuminated front.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-01.jpg

Headlamp.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-02.jpg

Electric-folding ORVM.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-03.jpg

Tail-lamp.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-05.jpg

Rear-side look.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-07.jpg

Front-side look.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-08.jpg

The alloy.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-09.jpg

Body-colored door handle.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-10.jpg

Foglamp section.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-11.jpg

LED high-mounted brake light.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-13.jpg

Illuminated rear lights.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-14.jpg

Front looks up close.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-15.jpg

Rear illumination looks.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-16.jpg

Steering wheel.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-17.jpg

CVT gear lever.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-18.jpg

Touchscreen integrated HU.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-19.jpg

Rear chrome garnish.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-21.jpg

Steering wheel from front passenger view.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-22.jpg

Speedometer section (notice the redline in the RPM meter?)
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-23.jpg

Overall front.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-25.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th May 2015 at 18:26.
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 18:30   #876
BHPian

Can anyone confirm is the ICE shown in the video is the same as on the city V and VX models. City owners may be able to confirm. I really wanted them to offer a bigger screen with navigation. I don't think that would be an option on the jazz.

Last edited by ToyotaFan : 6th May 2015 at 18:31.
Old 6th May 2015, 18:49   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Can anyone confirm is the ICE shown in the video is the same as on the city V and VX models. City owners may be able to confirm. I really wanted them to offer a bigger screen with navigation. I don't think that would be an option on the jazz.
No Toyotafan, the ICE is not the one in City V / VX. The ICE shown in video is the one WITH navigation - the same touch-screen unit in the recently introduced VX(O) variant of the City. City owners can confirm.
Old 6th May 2015, 19:21   #878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Can anyone confirm is the ICE shown in the video is the same as on the city V and VX models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
No Toyotafan, the ICE is not the one in City V / VX. The ICE shown in video is the one WITH navigation - the same touch-screen unit in the recently introduced VX(O) variant of the City.
+1. Vigkey is absolutely correct.

This 5" (15.7 cms) touchscreen AVN (Audio-Visual-Navigation) Head Unit was introduced in a new variant of the Honda City, the VX (O), in April 2015.

From the official press release:

Quote:
The newly introduced Touchscreen Audio Visual Navigation system in the Honda City features a large 15.7 cm Touchscreen which would have satellite-based voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation, and complete in-car entertainment, convenience and connectivity features (DVD/CD Playback, Bluetooth, USB, AUX, i-POD, MP3, FM/ AM, Rear Camera Display with Guidelines). These features are designed to make the user’s travel safe, convenient, smart and fun. The system comes with an integrated hands-free Bluetooth connectivity that lets the user sync their phones with it and implement functions on screen including dialling, answering, history, address book and Bluetooth music play. The on-board navigation featuring intuitive and suggestive keyboard allows the user to search locations and help to reach the destination conveniently.

This is the AVN unit of the City VX(O):
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondacitytouchscreen.jpg

Compare it with the one shown in the Jazz teaser:
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-19.jpg

Perfect match, I would say.

SOURCE - Motorbeam
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 19:37   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
+1. Vigkey is absolutely correct.

This 5" (15.7 cms) touchscreen AVN (Audio-Visual-Navigation) Head Unit was introduced in a new variant of the Honda City, the VX (O), in April 2015.
Small correction : The V & VX come with non-touch enabled 5" head units, whereas the recently introduced VX(O) variant comes with 6.2" (15.7 cms) touch screen units.

If we are getting the AVN system on the Jazz, that is a plus
uday.ere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 21:12   #880
BHPian

DRL is not a deal breaker for me, but definitely it will have ACC. Its a must. As for as Keyless Entry and go , well just wishing they give it on the top model atleast. If they don't , it will be a big miss again from honda as it will not be considered on par with Elite i20. Wanted the international model touchscreen too. why honda??!!!
Old 6th May 2015, 22:31   #881
BHPian

If you see the screenshots, one of them is from Honda's site of the current AVN system and one is from the Jazz teaser video and the jazz teaser video shows a forward button below the volume button which is not on the current AVN system Honda offers. Granted this is not the one available in international markets, but it still is a different unit developed specifically for Jazz I feel
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-screen-shot-20150506-22.15.22.png  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-screen-shot-20150506-22.16.18.png  

akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 06:33   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
If you see the screenshots, one of them is from Honda's site of the current AVN system and one is from the Jazz teaser video and the jazz teaser video shows a forward button below the volume button which is not on the current AVN system Honda offers. Granted this is not the one available in international markets, but it still is a different unit developed specifically for Jazz I feel
This could be the 5" non-touchscreen unit for the lower-specced Jazz variants (i.e., V or even VX). It resembles the HU of the City's V & VX variants (Forward/Reverse buttons under the Volume/Power button).

(Image taken from my ownership thread)
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-20140325_141414.jpg

IMO, the 6.2" touchscreen AVN unit might be reserved for the topmost variant of the Jazz - either the VX or the VX (O). The teaser might have BOTH of them teased, just to give an idea of the HUs available with the Jazz.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 10:17   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
This could be the 5" non-touchscreen unit for the lower-specced Jazz variants (i.e., V or even VX). It resembles the HU of the City's V & VX variants (Forward/Reverse buttons under the Volume/Power button).

IMO, the 6.2" touchscreen AVN unit might be reserved for the topmost variant of the Jazz - either the VX or the VX (O). The teaser might have BOTH of them teased, just to give an idea of the HUs available with the Jazz.
Keen eyes RavenAvi!!! You have hit the nail. So the teaser has different variants filmed. So we cannot be all that sure about the top-end feature list.

But what is still bothering me is the absense of ACC in the teaser. What do you and other BHP-ians think about this?? If the Jazz does not have ACC (like the previous edition of Jazz and City) in this age, wont it be suicidal?? And why do I feel Honda has given ACC a miss? The US version of Jazz comes with manual AC even in the top end Hope Honda does not repeat that here.
Old 7th May 2015, 10:57   #884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Keen eyes RavenAvi!!! You have hit the nail. So the teaser has different variants filmed. So we cannot be all that sure about the top-end feature list.

But what is still bothering me is the absense of ACC in the teaser. What do you and other BHP-ians think about this?? If the Jazz does not have ACC (like the previous edition of Jazz and City) in this age, wont it be suicidal?? And why do I feel Honda has given ACC a miss? The US version of Jazz comes with manual AC even in the top end Hope Honda does not repeat that here.
To keep costs down, they might skip on the touchscreen Automatic Climate Control and give us a manual ACC. When they are putting in that touchscreen AVN system in the topmost variant (most likely a VX or VX(O)), I don't see why the ACC wouldn't make an appearance on the topmost variant as well (maybe the topmost diesel variant!).

The 2014 Fit launched in New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia & the Philippines has the touchscreen ACC. (SOURCE)

So, let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.
Old 7th May 2015, 11:02   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@Vigkey, the ACC is not there I am sure. Else Honda would have shown it in the teaser. And as you rightly said, Honda is very stingy about offering ACC for some reason - the international versions of Jazz mostly have manual AC though they have sunroof, cruise control, bigger wheels and all sorts of safety features.

The shark fin antenna is there .. I am kind of lazy to go through the video once more but I am sure I saw it.

Also, if you notice the steering wheel, I don't see any controls for phone/bluetooth. That will be blasphemous in this age and segment. I hope I am wrong on this one.

Last edited by adimicra : 7th May 2015 at 11:05.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks