Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2015, 12:11   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

While we ares yet to receive the new third generation Honda Jazz, the Japanese major has started working on a facelift for the B-Segment hatchback which was launched in Japan in September 2013.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzfacelifthondafitfaceliftrendering.jpg

Cosmetic revisions, as seen in this rendering, will extend to the bumpers and headlights, which could be upgraded to LED units.

Quote:
Honda is unlikely to drastically alter the design of the Jazz, which is sold as the Fit in the Japanese market. The interesting news is that Honda aims to reclaim the crown of the most fuel efficient hybrid passenger car with the Jazz facelift
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/06/h...iciency-180234
Old 1st June 2015, 12:36   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Well, I just checked the features of the base 'E' variant of the Amaze... it's an absolutely stripped down version. It only has AC, power windows and power steering. It doesn't even a tacho.

I don't think it's possible for Honda to strip the base variant of the Jazz any further.. there is no scope. So, if they launch the Jazz 'E' with the same features as the Amaze 'E' and prices it at 5 lacs (which is a good 20K below the Amaze), I would be very surprised. But, Honda might still do it to create the initial buzz and attract the footfalls to the showrooms. Also, it might want to 'erase' the 'stigma' of the previous generation Jazz which was perceived to be grossly overpriced even if that means sacrificing their margins.
The Jazz starting at 5L will ensure long queues to the Honda showrooms, period. In that case, Honda should better ensure they have the production plan in place to meet the demand.
Old 1st June 2015, 14:05   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Spot On Damager, I too think they will use the pull technique of a lower price point to get the customer into the showrooms and then hard-sell the higher variants citing longer waiting periods for the lower versions.
Not only higher waiting periods Uday, the feature list will always help. It is very easy to temp the customers saying that this variant has this and that and this is the most selling variant. Kindle his ego a bit saying that everyone who owns this car has these features, why do you want to lose out on them. Many will easily move to the higher variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
No clue yet. But if the Indian City & the international Fit has a 1.5L heart, there's no reason why there can't be a Jazz RS with the same powerplant, priced at somewhere near the City E or S petrol. Should find enough takers.
RavenAvi, International Fit has a 1.5L VTEC, but that is a newly built direct injection Earthdreams Engine (at least in the US and Japan). Maybe the South African Jazz gets the Indian City's i-VTEC - I am not very sure. But then, give me a fully loaded RS with 1.5 i-VTEC at the price of City S - I will be more than happy to buy it. I am sure there are a lot of like minded people.

Quote:
Both XCent and Elite i20 attract a very different set of buyers. Same will happen in the case of the Amaze and the Jazz. Most of Jazz's sales (like the Elite i20's) will come from the bigger cities, while Amaze (like the XCent) will continue to attract crowds from smaller cities/towns, where a sedan has more aspirational value than a hatch - the major reason why sub-4m "CS" sedans sell so much every month.
Totally agree RavenAvi. I have been telling the same thing all through. If the i20 manages to sell about double that of a very well-loaded Xcent, Jazz will have no trouble selling almost as much as the relatively bare-bone Amaze. If Jazz is priced above Amaze, the sales of Amaze will also be less affected. Price Jazz below Amaze and you will see Amaze falling down steeply.

Quote:
Expect the Jazz EMT to be priced very, very competitively. Added kits to the higher variant can attract price differences of 45K-50K easily, so a range of 5 lacs-7.5 lacs for the petrol lineup and 6 lacs-8.5 lacs for the diesels can be easily attained. It will make the Jazz attractively priced (initially) and can take the fight directly to the competition. Even cars like the Grand i10 might feel a pinch.
I think 5 lacs is slightly optimistic as it is below Amaze's range. IMO, the base Jazz will start with ~10-15k above Amaze base and the top end will settle at ~40k below City base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
While we ares yet to receive the new third generation Honda Jazz, the Japanese major has started working on a facelift for the B-Segment hatchback which was launched in Japan in September 2013.

Cosmetic revisions, as seen in this rendering, will extend to the bumpers and headlights, which could be upgraded to LED units.
Thankfully the current version looks better, the triangular fog lamp housing and the updated chrome lips look less attractive to me. Would love to get the LED units though

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Well, I just checked the features of the base 'E' variant of the Amaze... it's an absolutely stripped down version. It only has AC, power windows and power steering. It doesn't even a tacho.

I don't think it's possible for Honda to strip the base variant of the Jazz any further.. there is no scope. So, if they launch the Jazz 'E' with the same features as the Amaze 'E' and prices it at 5 lacs (which is a good 20K below the Amaze), I would be very surprised.
Yes Adimicra, will be impossible for Honda to strip down Jazz below the Amaze 'E'. IMO, Jazz E MT petrol will start from ~5.25-5.5 lacs. Variant by variant, it will be slightly expensive than Amaze is what I feel. I might be wrong though Still it will be a very good value proposition. The price competition with i20 will be the key and that is where the previous generation failed miserably and on the other hand also gave i20 a lease of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The Jazz starting at 5L will ensure long queues to the Honda showrooms, period. In that case, Honda should better ensure they have the production plan in place to meet the demand.
I don't think the queues will be too long. For the mass majority Jazz is a failure model. Reviving the brand is not going to be an easy task and it will not be as simple as the pricing. The marketing also will need to go in tandem. I am pretty sure Honda is on track with that. Production capacity is going to be the big villain for Honda if Jazz garners more than expected demand. They simply don't have that - do they?? They can manufacture a maximum of 10k City + Jazz per month. How will they manage a huge demand?? Only GOD knows.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 18:26   #1114
BHPian

Second of the 3 part web series for Jazz launch in India. This one is from Australia

damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 22:17   #1115
BHPian

But there are some positives. Like we know we will get magic seats as there is no message saying its not an actual feature. Same goes for the push button start too. So happy with these developments at least

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd June 2015 at 22:24. Reason: Deleted quoted post.
Old 2nd June 2015, 22:48   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
But there are some positives. Like we know we will get magic seats as there is no message saying its not an actual feature. Same goes for the push button start too. So happy with these developments at least
I dont think we should look it that way. The Youtube video description and Facebook post have this mentioned "Disclaimer - Vehicle depicted here is not India specific" instead of putting the disclaimers within the video.

If you see, most features shown in this video will NOT make it to the Indian model - Pure Touchscreen interface, 16" Alloys, Double barrel headlamps with projectors, Chrome grill, Cruise Control, LED Tail lamps. So we cannot just be sure about Magic Seats and Push-button Start.
Old 2nd June 2015, 22:51   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
The dealer close to my place is asking for a booking amount of 25,000. Now for a car that has not been launched and nor do Honda know its demand, is it justified? I'm inclined to get it booked and delivery is promised within 2-3 weeks after launch, in the first or second lot of cars that the dealer gets.

He already has 15 bookings for the Jazz currently.

Dealers in Thrissur, Kerala will start to take the Jazz bookings from June 15th.
with booking amount being around 50,000/-.
Wonder why the difference?

Is there any confirmation on the CVT on launch?

Last edited by johannskaria : 2nd June 2015 at 23:00.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 23:07   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I dont think we should look it that way. The Youtube video description and Facebook post have this mentioned "Disclaimer - Vehicle depicted here is not India specific" instead of putting the disclaimers within the video.
Those disclaimers were in the first part of the series as well. See the video link of the first one and see the description below completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Dealers in Thrissur, Kerala will start to take the Jazz bookings from June 15th.
with booking amount being around 50,000/-.
Wonder why the difference?

Is there any confirmation on the CVT on launch?
No there is no confirmation as such on CVT. But that was the only information that was provided to me. And regarding the booking amount, dealers here are taking unofficial bookings.
They take booking for brio and mention Jazz. The official bookings only open from the 15th of June. So that might be the reason.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 08:35   #1119
Team-BHP Support

Got this information from a very reliable birdie. Jazz variant details:

Quote:
Petrol:
1.2 EMT
1.2 SMT
1.2 SV MT
1.2 V MT
1.2 VX MT

Petrol AT:
1.2 S AT
1.2 V AT

Diesel:
1.5 EMT
1.5 SMT
1.5 SVMT
1.5 VMT
1.5 VXMT
Thanks a ton. You know who you are
Vid6639 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 08:47   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Petrol AT:
1.2 S AT
1.2 V AT
So no 1.5L Petrol engine! I am not sure how much of an effect the CVT is going to have on the 1.2L engine. But this atleast guarantees sane pricing for the Automatic I suppose? 1.2 Litre engine, under 4M length, no reason for Honda to go with insane pricing.

I hope they haven't kept the GT TSi as their template for fixing the price
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:13   #1121
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the information Vid6639. So, that is in line with the City variant nomenclature (an earlier post indicated the absence of SV variant). However, from the spy pics, we can safely assume that the some features in City's higher variants will be moving down to the lower variants in Jazz.

Also, with the automatics, wondering why it will not be available in the top variant - price constraints?? Is it to make the price difference between the top model of automatic and top model of manual appear less??

Any clue on the RS variant? I mean the engine options in your post does not have 1.5 i-VTEC. So, does this mean the RS variant, if any, will also have 1.2 i-VTEC or there is no RS variant at all? Hope you have some insights on this as well.
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:38   #1122
BHPian

Quote:

So it looks like India and Thailand will be the only 2 countries to have 5 variants of Jazz. Most of the countries have only 3 variants

Thailand - 5 variants
Australia - 3 variants
Indonesia - 3 variants
Malaysia - 3 variants
Philippines - 3 variants
USA - 3 variants
Singapore - 2 variants

Honda wants to ensure that there is a Jazz available at every price point above 5 lacs. In fact 5 variants makes it more possible for Honda to launch Jazz closer to 5 lacs.

Also, S AT is a good move. I always wonder why manufacturers offer AT only for the top most variant which makes it expensive and hence lower sale. There will be many out there who would want to buy AT with minimum gizmo's.

Last edited by damager21 : 3rd June 2015 at 12:40.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:49   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No VX AT!!

So I guess that gives a fair insight into the pricing that Honda has planned out. I guess the V at itself will be pushing the limits of hatchback pricing , and a VX AT would be almost the price of the city SV AT, stopping honda from providing such a model.

People buying an automatic hatch for sedan money won't mind paying a bit more for premium features, which is clearly proven by the i20. It would have been nice to have leather, sunroof, keyless go etc, on the jazz too.

Hope they price the jazz sensibly this time around. It is going to be an uphill task for Honda, since the Jazz name already bears the brunt of being overpriced, last time around.

Honda has screwed up the Mobilio pricing, making it a market dud, and barring the city, none of the other cars are selling very good numbers. A lot rests on the Jazz. Hope honda is awake this time around.

Last edited by JayD : 3rd June 2015 at 12:51.
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 13:04   #1124
BHPian

I was waiting for the VX AT too :( Might come in later. But would have been really nice to have it at launch itself.
Hope the feature difference between VX MT and V AT is to my liking. If they skimp on the security features by god I will go line up to book the Aspire AT or the Creta AT
Old 3rd June 2015, 13:27   #1125
Senior - BHPian

No VX AT is a logical move for Honda. I guess the pricing will take that right in the middle of City variants which will make it a non-starter. I hope the V AT is sufficiently loaded so that it should be good enough for people looking at a premium automatic hatch.

My guess is that the VX would have a bigger AVN unit compared to the V variant, coupled with push-button start and some other minor features.

On the other hand, the S AT is a very interesting choice indeed. Will be interesting to see how it does in the market.

The last-generation Jazz was a failure no doubt but the only reason people didn't buy it was the pricing. Jazz always had the aspirational value. When Honda did a drastic price cut for clearing the stocks before stopping the production, there was a huge rush for it. The waiting period ran into months. So, the public perception was that the car was very good but it was way too costly. This time, if Honda corrects the pricing and loads it well with features (which seem to be the case ), then it should be a big success!

Also, the 5 variants clearly tells us that Honda is eyeing a large pie of the market with the Jazz unlike the last time where it had very closely match 2-3 variants and all of them very pretty decently loaded (ABS,airbags,audio system,steering controls etc)
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks