Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2015, 15:45   #1006
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
... and new Ertiga coming soon, i am sure Mobilio will have hard time ahead.
When is this happening? I am in the market again and am actually hopping the segments from Ertiga to Xcent to Ciaz/City. When is the new Ertiga coming? Any threads running on this forum? How did I miss that?
Old 18th May 2015, 15:49   #1007
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
When is this happening? I am in the market again and am actually hopping the segments from Ertiga to Xcent to Ciaz/City. When is the new Ertiga coming? Any threads running on this forum? How did I miss that?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post3635324

Whatever features made it to the Swift/Dzire facelift (BT telephony, controls on steering wheel, keyless entry and go etc.) would trickle down to the Ertiga as well.
Old 18th May 2015, 15:53   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Knowing Honda, I am sure they will price it around 6.5 Lacs only. If they price it lower than 6 Lacs which is closer to Amaze and will kill Amaze for sure. Already Amaze is struggling and Honda will not want to kill it by pricing Jazz closer to Amaze.
Let us agree to disagree, but I think it will be foolish of Honda to price Jazz well above to keep Amaze safe and kill Jazz instead. In my opinion, Amaze and Jazz will have a pretty different buyer profile as compared to Jazz vs City. I repeat, Pricing Jazz closer to City will be a bigger mistake than pricing it closer to Amaze. See, many people will go for a base model of sedan than a top-end hatchback but for the same price (or say 20-30k lesser) if there are equally loaded sedan and hatchback, the split would be 50-50.

Quote:
Honda learning you say, with Mobilio pricing, they showed us that they have not learned the lesson completely and made same mistake again with pricing. Do you agree ? Result ? Its already on the way to marked as Flop. Just see April figures, its not even 700. With arrival of Lodgy and new Ertiga coming soon, i am sure Mobilio will have hard time ahead.
Honda was very clear right from the beginning that they were targeting the space between Ertiga and Innova with the Mobilio. However, for that, it should at least have been a Lodgy, Mobilio was never capable of filling that gap with its size and interiors. Mobilio is a not a success, but please dont go by last month's figures. Last month's figures indicate stock adjustment and freeing up space for Jazz. I would call any MPV a moderate success if it sells 50% of Ertiga - as simple as that. Same goes with premium hatchbacks and compact sedans also. Yes, Mobilio is facing a tough battle and things will get tougher very soon - but Mobilio deserves that with its quality and pricing.

Quote:
For Honda, Jazz is a premium product and surely they want to maintain that status. They will not try to price it very low which will affect its premium ness. Lets see how Honda launches it. I am not very hopeful though. Honda disappointed me last time as well when i was very keen to buy one. I settled for Dzire instead seeing its ridiculous pricing and i don't regret that at all.
Yes, but with Jazz they are not trying to occupy a space above i20, but they know i20 is its only major competition - Swift is neither a premium hatchback not is anyone going to touch its figures in the near future. If Honda manages to sell 50% of i20, I will consider it a success. I am sure Honda is not targeting much more. But even for that, the pricing this time needs to be very competitive and I hope Honda does not do a Jazz or Mobilio with this Jazz again.

See, I am not telling that Honda will price it LOW. It will price is close to i20 which itself is a premium pricing. Remember how they priced the City at launch compared to Verna and the end result. I predict a pricing similar to that, but not a very similar end result
Old 18th May 2015, 16:02   #1009
Senior - BHPian

^^

Thanks Vigkey for those shots.
I am happy to see that Honda is loading the Jazz with a decent set of features.

I beg to differ with you on one thing - I think this is the top end variant (for all practical purposes)
There might be one on top of this with AVN touchscreen head unit but that will be ridiculously priced given Honda's history.

Couple of things I wanted to mention -
Lot of people are saying that the Elite I20 is the benchmark in the segment and Honda should price the Jazz alongside it. Agreed that the Elite is indeed the benchamrk now but, the Jazz is a much bigger car on the inside. The advantage of interior space and bigger boot is not something you can buy outside. Doesn't that deserve a premium?
Though the I20 is fully loaded, it does miss out on a few basic things like FE/DTE and the long antenna looks a generation old.
I have not driven the new Elite I20 but the old one (petrol) felt really anaemic on the highway at triple digit speeds and the steering was a joke. May be, Hyundai has corrected those flaws in the new avatar..not sure!

On a different note, I drove my colleague's new City 'V' trim and was quite surprised to see that the car does not have driver side vanity mirror and the visor doesn't have a ticket holder (both present in my Jazz). It is quite astonishing to see the extent of thought put into cost cutting of minutest of features like a ticket holder (which I find extremely handy).On top of that, it didn't have the very useful seat belt height adjusters. Also, the earlier Jazz and City had seat belt pretensioners which are a very useful safety feature IMO but have been dropped in the new City (the Jazz will follow soon). May be, Honda has found out the lack of awareness among people about this and quietly dropped it.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 16:17   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
On a side note, I thought Jazz is sold as Fit in oversees market but on my recent visit to Singapore I noticed quite a few Honda Jazz cars with both Jazz and Fit badges!! Couldn't quite understand Honda's strategy there.
Honda sells by the name JAZZ in Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and India.

I think they sell by the name FIT in USA, Europe and Japan
Old 18th May 2015, 16:24   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks Vigkey for those shots.
I am happy to see that Honda is loading the Jazz with a decent set of features.
Thanks Adimicra, my pleasure!!

Quote:
I beg to differ with you on one thing - I think this is the top end variant (for all practical purposes)
There might be one on top of this with AVN touchscreen head unit but that will be ridiculously priced given Honda's history.
Probably you have a point. This might be the the VX AT and the manuals might get a VX(O) with touchscreen AVN, which might be priced 30k extra, just like the City. However, I wish Cardekho guys are correct that this is not the top-end model (but definitely not the S variant) and the VX variant comes with touchscreen AVN by default.

Quote:
Couple of things I wanted to mention -
Lot of people are saying that the Elite I20 is the benchmark in the segment and Honda should price the Jazz alongside it. Agreed that the Elite is indeed the benchamrk now but, the Jazz is a much bigger car on the inside. The advantage of interior space and bigger boot is not something you can buy outside. Doesn't that deserve a premium?
Though the I20 is fully loaded, it does miss out on a few basic things like FE/DTE and the long antenna looks a generation old.
I have not driven the new Elite I20 but the old one (petrol) felt really anaemic on the highway at triple digit speeds and the steering was a joke. May be, Hyundai has corrected those flaws in the new avatar..not sure!
Yes Adimicra, no denying that the bigger space on the inside and boot deserves a premium. But how much will the market be willing to pay for that over the well-established fancy Elite i20. Isn't that the more relevant question for Honda?

I agree Hyundai misses FE and DTE, but people find Keyless entry and go more important than this. Also Hyundai's MID will tell you which exact door is open and will inform you if your steering is not straight while starting the car. It even reminds you of your service schedule and the reverse camera has an adaptive control which will tell you where the vehicle is headed to based on your steering inputs. Some of this might be useful, some not - but the point is Hyundai is very well loaded in spite of some missing features and that needs to be given its due.

Quote:
On a different note, I drove my colleague's new City 'V' trim and was quite surprised to see that the car does not have driver side vanity mirror and the visor doesn't have a ticket holder (both present in my Jazz). It is quite astonishing to see the extent of thought put into cost cutting of minutest of features like a ticket holder (which I find extremely handy).On top of that, it didn't have the very useful seat belt height adjusters. Also, the earlier Jazz and City had seat belt pretensioners which are a very useful safety feature IMO but have been dropped in the new City (the Jazz will follow soon). May be, Honda has found out the lack of awareness among people about this and quietly dropped it.
All these cost cutting will undoubtedly be carried over to Jazz. You can however be happy that you got the last real premium offering from Honda which is high on quality and on usable features. Also, if you forgot, your Jazz was having better set of tires compared to the current City and new Jazz - I am sure Jazz will also get the 175-ers like in City. That is when Hyundai is giving R16 195-ers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Honda sells by the name JAZZ in Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and India.

I think they sell by the name FIT in USA, Europe and Japan
Fit is for Japan, US and China IMO. Europe, Africa, other Asian countries, Middle-East, Australia gets the name Jazz. Not sure how Both Fit and Jazz were found in Singapore though - ideally it should be having only the Jazzs.

Last edited by Vigkey : 18th May 2015 at 16:28.
Old 18th May 2015, 17:29   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
I guess Maruti is launching it very soon. May be next month only. It will come with some new features and worth waiting for. I am also looking forward to it and planning to buy one for myself in Diwali or year end max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Let us agree to disagree, but I think it will be foolish of Honda to price Jazz well above to keep Amaze safe and kill Jazz instead. In my opinion, Amaze and Jazz will have a pretty different buyer profile as compared to Jazz vs City. I repeat, Pricing Jazz closer to City will be a bigger mistake than pricing it closer to Amaze. See, many people will go for a base model of sedan than a top-end hatchback but for the same price (or say 20-30k lesser) if there are equally loaded sedan and hatchback, the split would be 50-50.

Honda was very clear right from the beginning that they were targeting the space between Ertiga and Innova with the Mobilio. However, for that, it should at least have been a Lodgy, Mobilio was never capable of filling that gap with its size and interiors. Mobilio is a not a success, but please dont go by last month's figures. Last month's figures indicate stock adjustment and freeing up space for Jazz. I would call any MPV a moderate success if it sells 50% of Ertiga - as simple as that. Same goes with premium hatchbacks and compact sedans also. Yes, Mobilio is facing a tough battle and things will get tougher very soon - but Mobilio deserves that with its quality and pricing.

Yes, but with Jazz they are not trying to occupy a space above i20, but they know i20 is its only major competition - Swift is neither a premium hatchback not is anyone going to touch its figures in the near future. If Honda manages to sell 50% of i20, I will consider it a success. I am sure Honda is not targeting much more. But even for that, the pricing this time needs to be very competitive and I hope Honda does not do a Jazz or Mobilio with this Jazz again.

See, I am not telling that Honda will price it LOW. It will price is close to i20 which itself is a premium pricing. Remember how they priced the City at launch compared to Verna and the end result. I predict a pricing similar to that, but not a very similar end result
Honda was clearly targeting Ertiga only with Mobilio. Innova is in different class all together, all knows that. Still they priced it higher and failed miserably.

Jazz is better product than Amaze any day and will fall below 4 meters. If Honda price it close to Amaze, its end of road for Amaze for sure as it has pathetic interiors and looks are also not that great. Jazz on the other hand looks premium inside out and is a better car for sure. Don't look like a budget car at all which Amaze looks.

I will be very happy if Honda price it sensibly and prove me wrong. I like Jazz very much and may think of buying one also if priced aggressively. But I am not very optimistic about Honda pricing.

Last edited by aniketi : 18th May 2015 at 17:32.
Old 18th May 2015, 18:10   #1013
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post

The new Ben and Chloe teaser looks interesting....
The teaser seems to have been removed by Honda from their twitter account... Something is suspicious..
Old 18th May 2015, 20:08   #1014

I would agree that on the pricing, Honda is most likely to price it @ 5.99 lacs ex-showroom for the base variant. That alone would lead a lot of potential buyers into the showroom. However, the feature-rich variants could see a higher price point than all of us hope to see. Lets see. Being in the market myself for a car, eagerly waiting for the launch date.
Old 18th May 2015, 20:13   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea why this has been taken off Honda's official twitter handle and FB page??
Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
The teaser seems to have been removed by Honda from their twitter account... Something is suspicious.
And its back now. Nothing suspicious I Guess. They must have posted it in advance yesterday, instead of posting it today So they might have removed it and re-posted now.
Old 18th May 2015, 20:47   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deblovestodrive View Post
I would agree that on the pricing, Honda is most likely to price it @ 5.99 lacs ex-showroom for the base variant. That alone would lead a lot of potential buyers into the showroom. However, the feature-rich variants could see a higher price point than all of us hope to see. Lets see. Being in the market myself for a car, eagerly waiting for the launch date.
I agree with that pricing. Now it depends whether Honda decides to provide a bare bones base variant (without safety features) or will it be like the first jazz.
Old 18th May 2015, 22:50   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Team-BHPians, we have some new spy-shots of the interiors of the new Jazz from Cardekho!!! Some interesting bits here!!!
Was wondering if CarDekho could have tricked us by showing interiors of South African variant of Jazz. Looks like these pics are indeed from Indian variant of Jazz.

As can be seen below, South African variant Jazz which comes with 5" display audio also has Cruise control and does not offer HDMI port while in the spy pics released by CarDekho we see HDMI port and Cruise control is missing.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz-south-africa-3.jpg

Can someone confirm as to what are the controls for on right side of the City steering as highlighted below
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-newhondacity02.jpg  

Old 18th May 2015, 22:59   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Was wondering if CarDekho could have tricked us by showing interiors of South African variant of Jazz. Looks like these pics are indeed from Indian variant of Jazz.

As can be seen below, South African variant Jazz which comes with 5" display audio also has Cruise control and does not offer HDMI port while in the spy pics released by CarDekho we see HDMI port and Cruise control is missing.

Can someone confirm as to what are the controls for on right side of the City steering as highlighted below
Yes you are right Damager21, the SA Jazz has Cruise Control buttons on the steering but that is absent in the spied Jazz. The SA version with ACC, Leather Steering and 5" HU also has Cruise Control. And for the models without Cruise control, the other features are not provided. So I am pretty sure this is the Indian Jazz itself.

The buttons you have pointed out from the City here are the ones for Cruise Control - a feature Indian Jazz will not be getting.

Last edited by Vigkey : 18th May 2015 at 23:03.
Old 19th May 2015, 12:27   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
The buttons you have pointed out from the City here are the ones for Cruise Control - a feature Indian Jazz will not be getting.
In fact if leaked images are of a lower variant Jazz, there is a high possibility that top variant CVT Jazz will come with more goodies like
- Cruise control
- Push Start / Stop button
- 7" touchscreen
- Magic seats

Also, the fact that lower variant CVT Jazz comes with paddle shifters makes me feel that top variant will be more loaded to create that price differentiation.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 13:17   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
In fact if leaked images are of a lower variant Jazz, there is a high possibility that top variant CVT Jazz will come with more goodies like
- Cruise control
- Push Start / Stop button
- 7" touchscreen
- Magic seats

Also, the fact that lower variant CVT Jazz comes with paddle shifters makes me feel that top variant will be more loaded to create that price differentiation.
Yes Damager21, but I have a strong feeling that what we see will be top-end automatic (V or VX) and the manual MIGHT have one more variant on top of this (VX or VX(O)). That variant will have the 7" touchscreen HU with AVN and might get magic seats. But I have a feeling that Cruise Control and Push-button start / stop will be given a miss in the Jazz. But well, we never know what is really in store.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks