Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2013, 07:58   #256
Team-BHP Support

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Since it got mentioned, I'm gonna say that as far as I can see, there is no game that Ford's Ecoboost engine has changed. Just by producing more bhp from a puny engine does not change anything for the average users.
Game changer or not, after the Honda City, this car has made people to look at petrol as an option again (in the price range of 10 lakhs).

-----------

Coming back to the Jazz, I am expecting to do well in its re-entry. I don’t think pricing it above or below the Amaze will make any difference. This year, our markets are showing positive signs of buyers responding well to good products, irrespective of the body shape. Once the market evolves, cars from different segments/types can co-exist even if priced closely.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th November 2013 at 08:01.
Old 24th November 2013, 10:32   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
I'm pretty sure that in most cases, if anyone is paying 6 lacs for a new car, he won't mind spending another 1-2 lacs provided he is getting a better deal.

But, I'm right now primarily comparing premium hatch-backs in general with compact SUVs. Maruti, Hyundai, Tata and even Honda have plans to launch compact SUVs by next year or so. By paying 20-30% more, one can upgrade from premium hatchback to compact SUV. I use the term upgrade because obviously, compact SUVs have a whole range of potential advantages over hatchbacks like Jazz and i20 (especially given Indian traffic and road conditions).

I'm of the opinion that over a couple of years, premium hatchbacks will lose a lot of their current market share due to compact SUVs. I had plans to buy a new car this year but I've put the plans on hold for 1-2 years to wait and see how these car categories evolve.
I think it is more about personal preference and outflow capacity. While you may want to own a Compact SUV, if it is beyond your budget then you either increase your budget or look for alternatives. I think in most cases than not it is the later that people would do because there is no limit to how much one can spend.

Most of the consumers are value seekers and they look for a perfect mix of feature, space and price. If EcoSport Titanium was available for 7 lacs then maybe one would stretch and give it a thought. But at current pricing it is around 30% (after considering difference in Registration) more than what Jazz X was available for.

There is no doubt that Compact SUV has a lot of advantages given the bad quality of roads we have. But inspite of this there will be many value seekers who would look at cost of acquisition, running cost and ownership cost. Every reason to believe that Honda reliability and service is much better than Ford and I think Jazz 2014 will also offer a better Fuel efficiency than EcoSport.

One more point on ground clearance, Brio which comes with 14" tyres has a ground clearance of 165mm while new Jazz will come with 15" tyres. While I dont expect ground clearance of new Jazz to be 200 mm, I am sure it will be in the range of 180mm which will not be bad considering the previous Jazz had a ground clearance of 160mm.

Last edited by damager21 : 24th November 2013 at 10:48.
Old 24th November 2013, 15:10   #258
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The 2014 Jazz (Japanese version) has a lower GC then outgoing Japanese model and FYI the old Jazz also came with 15" wheels.So there is no way the GC will be higher then the current Jazz,at best one can expect it to be around 165mm.
Old 24th November 2013, 15:49   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
The 2014 Jazz (Japanese version) has a lower GC then outgoing Japanese model and FYI the old Jazz also came with 15" wheels.So there is no way the GC will be higher then the current Jazz,at best one can expect it to be around 165mm.
I know that the 2014 Jazz sold in Japan has a GC of 135mm while the previous version of Jazz sold in India had a ground clearance of 160mm. We have seen so many people complain about low ground clearance and I sincerely hope that Honda would have captured this feedback and factored this in their overall design for India. One inch larger tyre than Brio gives them a scope to increase ground clearance by 25 mm so I hope they increase it from 165mm to 180mm.

Following is the dimension of new Jazz for Japanese market.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz-2014-dimensions.png  

Last edited by damager21 : 24th November 2013 at 15:59.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 19:59   #260
BHPian

Any chances of the car getting launched early 2014? This is what Overdrive says: "The car is not expected in India before end-2014 or more likely 2015"
Old 25th November 2013, 20:13   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Any chances of the car getting launched early 2014? This is what Overdrive says: "The car is not expected in India before end-2014 or more likely 2015"
Jazz will be showcased at the Auto Expo in Feb'14 with possible launch in March.

With Honda launching new City today, it possibly gives us the first taste of what the interiors of India bound new Jazz will look like.

While we have already seen multiple features like touch panel for air-con controls, Start / stop button, etc. which was introduced in the Japanese version of Jazz, there was lot of speculation that these features may not be introduced in India for cost reasons.

Now that we get to see these features, including 5" touch screen LCD display, new blue display cluster, etc. there is a high possibility that India bound Jazz may not be much different.

Look at the following snap which compares interiors of new City with Jazz and you will see that there is a lot of similarity.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-city-jazz-2014a.png

On the exteriors, I hope Honda offers matte black grill on Jazz instead of chrome grill on City.
Old 26th November 2013, 07:41   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Golf Named Car of the Year in Japan, beats Jazz to take the honours!

Quote:
The Golf received 504 points from 60 members of a jury, which placed it ahead of Honda's new Jazz/Fit subcompact, which received 373 votes. In third place came the Volvo V40 with 167 votes.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/vo...pan-71741.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 20:14   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Volkswagen Golf Named Car of the Year in Japan, beats Jazz to take the honours!

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/vo...pan-71741.html

Golf is a legend - if they can launch it for Jazz prices, I am surely going to buy one
Old 28th November 2013, 11:19   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Jazz to be launched in Q4 2014.

Honda’s second car plant in India at Tapukara will manufacture the Mobilio followed by Jazz.

Quote:
After the launch of the new City sedan in January, the Mobilio will be the second new Honda model to hit Indian roads, followed by the new Jazz in the later part of 2014.
Quote:
The Jazz will then be launched by the end of the year

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...-march/1199895
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 16:11   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
You could not have been more wrong. It was supposed to be 20% more economical than an equivalent petrol 1.6 liter engine.
Of course I could have been more wrong. By claiming the EcoBoost engine was reported to match the fuel efficiency of an 800cc engine.

But no, really I thought I head read what I had posted, which is why I posted it out in the open. Else I have no desire to make a fool of myself. But thank you for educating me. I'm correctly informed now.

However, fuel efficiency still doesn't look good per the figures I see reported from owners here. I read today that in the UK, the Fiesta hatchback with the 1 litre ecoboost returns close to 19.4 kmpl in real world conditions. Acknowledging their infra and driving conditions are way better, let's discount 5kmpl. In India, we don't seem to even be reporting 14.4kmpl.

Or is ~12kmpl the actual expected fuel efficiency for this engine in India? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Golf is a legend - if they can launch it for Jazz prices, I am surely going to buy one
You wish It would probably be twice the price or more. If it'd ever launch at Jazz prices, we'd see a big line of enthusiasts outside VW showroom and me standing behind you in that line.

Last edited by k_ajay : 28th November 2013 at 16:17. Reason: Adding a response to Equus' post.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 13:06   #266
BHPian

Unfortunately it looks like Honda is giving priority to Mobilio launch and hence Jazz will be launched around Sep 2014.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hybridallnewhondajazz2014012.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hybridallnewhondajazz2014013.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hybridallnewhondajazz2014016.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hybridallnewhondajazz2014031.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hybridallnewhondajazz2014022.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hybridallnewhondajazz2014025.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hybridallnewhondajazz2014032.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hybridallnewhondajazz2014063.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hybridallnewhondajazz2014067.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 19:48   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I forgot to mention one another irritating thing about the current Jazz which I don't like.. hope it is useful for the prospective owners of the new Jazz -
The place below the boot (where the spare tyre is located) does not have a proper placeholder to hold the jack and the toolkit. Due to this, there is constant noise from the boot which is very irritating. I have tried various positions but in vain ... it might work for some time but as soon as we go over some giant potholes, the stuff gets displaced and again the irritating noise starts again. I have seen in cars like Polo where there is a nice placeholder to hold the toolkit firmly and securely in place. Hope Honda takes care of this irritant.
Hey adimicra,
I appear to be having a similar noise problem from the boot, though the high frequency rattle appears to be coming from the left side - just behind the left passenger seat.
I think you were referring to the (flat) box that carries the warning reflectors rather than the tool kit? I have actually lodged it between the spare tire and the jack. Now it’s always been that way, but the rattle has started only since a few weeks. It started out when we went over some uneven sections on concrete roads, but has now graduated to a low rumbling/rattling sound even when shifting into or out of idle. Just can't seem to figure out what it is.

Last edited by CowlFlap : 1st December 2013 at 19:49.
Old 4th December 2013, 12:05   #268
VMG
BHPian

Are we getting Automatic Jazz next year? Any idea pl?

I am keen to get an Auto Jazz otherwise I will buy a Brio automatic.

Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 14:12   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post

Thanks
I think Honda will definitely come up with automatic variant for petrol Jazz (Not so sure about diesel). Even if you look at the current line up of Brio, Amaze and upcoming City - all of them has an Automatic variant.
Old 5th December 2013, 09:22   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post

Thanks
I remember when there was a minor facelift for the Jazz in 2011, auto mags and sites were buzzing (speculating) about an AT version coming out, and I was all set to buy one... and nothing happened. I sure hope they will not disappoint the Indian market once again.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they don't come out with a Jazz AT.

Last edited by wilful : 5th December 2013 at 09:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks