Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2013, 12:45   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Two engine variants ear marked for India bound Jazz.

Quote:
Two engines are earmarked for India – one petrol and one diesel. According to our sources, the petrol motor is the familiar 1.2-liter i-VTEC engine (which was powering the second generation Jazz in India, and which currently powers the Brio and the Amaze) producing power and torque in the whereabouts of 88 PS and 109 Nm.

For the first time ever, the Jazz will be available with a diesel engine. Honda will use their 1.5-liter EarthDreams unit, which is currently seen on the Amaze.
Source:IAB
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 14:03   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Evolution of the older JAZZ but more space, cheaper and will get diesel is what Hormazd tweets after driving the NEW JAZZ.

Cheers!
Will be interesting to see how Honda slots the New Jazz in terms of pricing with respect to Amaze since both of them will be getting the same engines.
If priced lower than Amaze then it will eat into Amaze. You will be getting a car with better interiors and almost equivalent or more space at a cheaper price
If priced higher than Amaze then it will again remain a niche product and not a mass seller.
Old 19th November 2013, 14:34   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Will be interesting to see how Honda slots the New Jazz in terms of pricing with respect to Amaze since both of them will be getting the same engines.
If priced lower than Amaze then it will eat into Amaze. You will be getting a car with better interiors and almost equivalent or more space at a cheaper price
If priced higher than Amaze then it will again remain a niche product and not a mass seller.
I don't think Jazz can be priced below Amaze. The difference in quality is obvious unless they do some serious cost-cutting and that would be really unfortunate IMO.

I, as a very satisfied and proud owner of this wonderful car, would like Honda to make the Jazz a better car by plugging the drawbacks and loading it up with features making it a true premium hatchback. The market has matured and people are ready to pay 8-9L for a hatchback if they see the value. Also, Honda needs a much better marketing campaign this time so that the normal people get to see the value in Jazz by bringing out the sedan-matching space, the luggage carrying capacity, the innovative storage solutions etc. The last iteration of the Jazz flopped not just because of the pricing but also because many people never understood the excellent flexibility offered by the car.

The only issues (or drawbacks) I have with the car are -
  • Bumpy ride quality (particularly at low speeds)
  • Noisy suspension
  • Low GC.
  • Road noise insulation - While the wind noise and engine noise is very well-insulated, same is not true for the road noise. I found it hard to believe that Jazz along with the City does not have wheel cladding for the rear wheels - a feature (if I can call it so) which is present in most cars from the segment below like I10.
  • Under thigh support - The front seats are large with great back and lateral support but under thigh support could have been better.I would like the seats to be a little higher to offer better thigh support. Should be easily possible as there is no shortage of headroom.

I hope Honda addresses these drawbacks in the new Jazz.

Apart from the above drawbacks, below is my wish list for features in the new Jazz -
  • Auto climate control
  • Bluetooth audio with phone sync
  • lighted glove box
  • auto foldable mirrors
  • rear parking sensors and camera
  • separate map lights for driver and passenger
  • driver arm rest
(My car did not come with USB, boot light and seat height adjustment but those were added in the refresh..so I did not include those)

I do not see any need for adding fancy stuff like start stop button, auto headlights and wiper etc.
An option for DRLs at the front and LEDs at back would be nice though to show off

I really like the design of the new Jazz..seems sporty. I hope and wish the new model becomes a huge success in India

Last edited by adimicra : 19th November 2013 at 14:41.
adimicra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 19:10   #229
BHPian

As per following article on Autocar, Honda could price Jazz between Brio and Amaze. This will be awesome.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...po-364791.aspx

On a depressing note, as per following article on Overdrive, Honda will launch Jazz towards end of 2014 or early 2015. I thought the launch was immediately after Auto Expo in Feb.

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2015-hon...t-first-drive/
Old 19th November 2013, 20:50   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Jazz/Fit first drive by OverDrive

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondafitrearfrontthreequarter.jpg

Hybrid interiors
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondafithybrid8850x510.jpg

Quote:
The car is not expected in India before end-2014 or more likely 2015.The mini-MPV silhouette of the previous car has been replaced with a roofline that dips a bit more to the back while the smooth arc from the top of the front windshield to the hood of the old car has been given a bit more definition.
The headlights are now stretched horizontally while the Honda badge grows in significance. The huge faux brake vents round out an aggressive face.
At the side, a definition line starts at the front wheel arch and gains strength and importance as it streaks to the well proportioned tail lamps. A second crease below completes the sidebody.
Inside the best bits of old car appear to have been preserved. The seats feel familiar but are now in black and the rear seats offer great knee room and fold up and out of the way for tall loads.
Petrol version would most probably be the refreshed and retuned 1.2-litre engine while the diesel would be the 1.5 that’s headed to the new City .

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2015-hon...t-first-drive/

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th November 2013 at 20:54.
Old 19th November 2013, 22:42   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
As per following article on Autocar, Honda could price Jazz between Brio and Amaze. This will be awesome. http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...po-364791.aspx On a depressing note, as per following article on Overdrive, Honda will launch Jazz towards end of 2014 or early 2015. I thought the launch was immediately after Auto Expo in Feb. http://overdrive.in/reviews/2015-hon...t-first-drive/
As per Autocar test drive report they expect it to be launched somewhere around mid 2014
One more interesting thing in report is the estimated ex showroom price of around 6 lakhs for the base variant
crazyro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 22:42   #232
Senior - BHPian

Autocar brief review is up..

They are saying it will be available by mid-2014.
And expected price of the base variant around 6L.

Refer to the link below for more details -

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-364804.aspx
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 10:12   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

AT oprion will be availabe on the JAZZ tweets Hormazd (ACI)

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 10:57   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Autocar brief review is up..
I think it looks really good. The rear view from an angle looks quite sleek with those flowing lines. I wonder whether it would be the 5 speed AT or the CVT that they would be bringing to India.
Old 20th November 2013, 12:23   #235
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to mention one another irritating thing about the current Jazz which I don't like.. hope it is useful for the prospective owners of the new Jazz -
The place below the boot (where the spare tyre is located) does not have a proper placeholder to hold the jack and the toolkit. Due to this, there is constant noise from the boot which is very irritating. I have tried various positions but in vain ... it might work for some time but as soon as we go over some giant potholes, the stuff gets displaced and again the irritating noise starts again. I have seen in cars like Polo where there is a nice placeholder to hold the toolkit firmly and securely in place. Hope Honda takes care of this irritant.
Old 20th November 2013, 14:33   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The place below the boot (where the spare tyre is located) does not have a proper placeholder to hold the jack and the toolkit. Due to this, there is constant noise from the boot which is very irritating.
Try wrapping the jack and the tool kit with some old cloth. That has worked like a charm for me, though not on Jazz. You'll anyway need some old cloth or rag if you ever end up in a situation where you need to use the jack.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 14:40   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Try wrapping the jack and the tool kit with some old cloth. That has worked like a charm for me, though not on Jazz. You'll anyway need some old cloth or rag if you ever end up in a situation where you need to use the jack.
That's more of a jugaad..
But I will give it a try.

You are right, I should always have some old cloth or rag. Couple of times, I had to change the tire and I landed up in a mess.
Old 20th November 2013, 18:33   #238
BHPian

Quote:
I forgot to mention one another irritating thing about the current Jazz which I don't like.. does not have a proper placeholder to hold the jack and the toolkit. Due to this, there is constant noise from the boot which is very irritating. I have tried various positions but in vain ... it might work for some time but as soon as we go over some giant potholes, the stuff gets displaced and again the irritating noise starts again. I have seen in cars like Polo where there is a nice placeholder to hold the toolkit firmly and securely in place. Hope Honda takes care of this irritant.
if i remember correctly, the jack is slotted under the boot lip area (after removal of the bottom though) and it slots in perfectly if u open it slightly (i mean jack it) in place so as to be a snug fit. yes, i had the issue of the tool kit.. but i always kept it in the boot proper and nevcer in the space below..so the car cover took care of it
Old 20th November 2013, 18:36   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
if i remember correctly, the jack is slotted under the boot lip area (after removal of the bottom though) and it slots in perfectly if u open it slightly (i mean jack it) in place so as to be a snug fit. yes, i had the issue of the tool kit.. but i always kept it in the boot proper and nevcer in the space below..so the car cover took care of it
Yeah, sorry for mentioning the jack. The jack is not a problem but the toolkit is. It should have a placeholder for securely holding it which is absent.

I know its a minor irritant but it still is..
Did you mean the parcel tray when you say 'car cover'?
Old 20th November 2013, 19:01   #240
BHPian

The jack fits snugly, if not then just turn the screw as if to raise the jack and it will fix tightly in the groove. The tool kit is in a pouch and i've not had a problem with it clanking against the metal. Nevertheless you could wrap it up in bubble wrap to cut out the noise totally
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks