Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2014, 23:39   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
...2. Those looks more like some sort of covers on the door handles to prevent any scratches/watermarks/etc that could be left by folks in the yard...
So, the next question is why ONLY selective cars have it?! And why some with chrome handles too?!

Quote:
...5. I feel it resembles the Polo Facelift Alloys more and a tiny bit like the Linea one...
True; the alloys have much better similarity to the Polo's than Linea's.

Quote:
...P.S - Gimmicks or not, I respect Hyundai for being brave at providing numerous options to its customers.
Second that. TATA is the only other player who bothered / dared to provide it in the more accessible segments.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 23:54   #227
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I would not pay a rupee more for all this nonsense jazz in the Swift, alloys look hideous too. How long will Maruti keep flogging the same 76 bhp DDIS and 5 speed gearbox when a real update should have been a 90 bhp DDIS and a 6 speeder. Not to mention an AMT Swift Diesel.
Old 15th October 2014, 00:42   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Sorry, I would not pay a rupee more for all this nonsense jazz in the Swift, alloys look hideous too. How long will Maruti keep flogging the same 76 bhp DDIS and 5 speed gearbox when a real update should have been a 90 bhp DDIS and a 6 speeder. Not to mention an AMT Swift Diesel.
That 5 speeder with 76 bhp is actually faster in real world conditions than the punto 90 - the pre facelift is a rocket in the city - really need to rev my Polo tsi to go past
Old 15th October 2014, 00:53   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
That 5 speeder with 76 bhp is actually faster in real world conditions than the punto 90 - the pre facelift is a rocket in the city - really need to rev my Polo tsi to go past
That is because Fiat is worst when it comes to tuning their own engine, even the gearbox is average which robs off the power and it is one of the heaviest hatchback. For the sake of comparison, Swift would not stand a chance in front of the same 90 bhp but from Polo
Polo TSI should kill the Swift in performance figures but DSG transmission does suffer from slight initial lag, still there is no match to Polo GT twins so far. Wish Maruti brings in a 90 BHP Swift, that would be one heck of a car and a close competitor to GT TDi.

A sad facelift though, expected atleast cruise control and day time running lamps if not the 90 bhp variants but this is a sort of jugaad facelift until some thing good comes up. This is the only car from Maruti's stable which satisfies driving enthusiasts and this is not the kind of facelift i expected.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 08:12   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I drive a pre face lift Swift Diesel, Have been driving one since more than a lakh kilometers now. I agree, it will kill a 90 bhp Punto, but that's because Fiat is pathetic at tuning their own engines and setting the gear ratios right in the gearbox.

But, now all I want is, some more juice and an extra gear. Imagine cruising at 2500 rpm @ 140.
Old 17th October 2014, 09:04   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That 5 speeder with 76 bhp is actually faster in real world conditions than the punto 90 - really need to rev my Polo tsi to go past
Ahm Ahm JishD I think you are being very nice & sweet here bro.

Really ? You have to try so hard to beat the Swift DDiS, New or Old ?

Just so that you know, there is a Polo TSI , 90 HP Sports Punto & 2008 Swift LDi in my friend's circle. We have tried some high speed runs over short distances (Bangalore Nice Road) and the only car that I feel can really match or truly keep up with my 1.6 GT TDi is the Polo TSI.

That little 1.2 Engine is deceivingly quick and can knock out many a competition, in the right hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

For the sake of comparison, Swift would not stand a chance in front of the same 90 bhp but from Polo
Hey coolboy007 though your words actually seem logical, I somehow felt the pre-face lift swift is quicker than the 90 HP Polo.

The same 2008 LDi that I have mentioned above has over 1.4lks on the ODO and still can burst into some insane acceleration.
One of my cousin picked up the 90HP Polo and I felt it somehow lacked that 'Urgency' which the Swift has.

P.S - I have not driven the New Swift (ZDi) so not sure how it feels.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 17th October 2014 at 09:06.
Old 17th October 2014, 11:42   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ahm Ahm JishD
Hey coolboy007 though your words actually seem logical, I somehow felt the pre-face lift swift is quicker than the 90 HP Polo.

The same 2008 LDi that I have mentioned above has over 1.4lks on the ODO and still can burst into some insane acceleration.
One of my cousin picked up the 90HP Polo and I felt it somehow lacked that 'Urgency' which the Swift has.

P.S - I have not driven the New Swift (ZDi) so not sure how it feels.
You must have felt the same due to the huge turbo kick of the first gen Swift diesel.. Polo TDI is definitely much faster but the acceleration is strong and linear from lower rpms without any dramatics. Not to forget that the TDI will be a lot faster in the in-gear acceleration times.

The Polo twins are by far the best driver cars in the segment..only if VW A.S.S was as good as Maruti/Hyundai/Honda, their cars would be just flying out of the showrooms. But Alas!
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 10:01   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift facelift ready for launch, demo cars in transit. Speculated to steal the most fuel efficient tag from Ciaz!

Quote:
Some new features are reverse parking sensor, electrical retractable ORVMs, push start button and fresh 12 spoke alloy wheels, new fabric upholstery , much powerful 6 Speaker music system with intelligent speed based auto volume feature & re-entry of Bright red color !
Both engines is tweaked (1.2 litre four cylinder petrol motor & 1.3 litre DDiS diesel motor ) to deliver more fuel economy
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-swift_3.jpg
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-swift_facelift_close.jpg

http://blog.gaadiwaadi.com/2014/10/m...hing-soon.html
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 10:23   #234

Test Drove the new 1.5 TDi Polo yesterday. Compared to the DDiS the engine is really noisy, even after a few kilometres the clatter refuses to die down. The DDiS is in a different league in terms of refinement. However the TDi is definitely more powerful and does have much better spread of torque, so everyday city traffic is easier to live with. The ride is soft, so the handling does not do justice to the all the power available on tap. I think the next gen MBQ platform Polo would do better justice to the 1.5TDi's power and torque. This chassis is capable but the Swift has a chassis which in my opinion is the best handling in the world.

But I am still not convinced with the Polo for India. Its way too heavy to be nimble and cannot do quick or sudden lane changes like the swift (to tackle or unpredictable driving conditions). The back seat space is a joke and and biggest concern is the A.S.S of VW which lets face it is 'shit', as is the resale value of their vehicles.

I agree about the fit and finish of their cars is exceptional, but given the rough use conditions of India the Swift is really durable and I am sure won't cost an arm and a leg to replace.

So yeah given all parameters including a good driving experience, I would definitely stick the little trusted Maruti.
apurvapg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 11:54   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Both engines is tweaked (1.2 litre four cylinder petrol motor & 1.3 litre DDiS diesel motor ) to deliver more fuel economy
Even more fuel economy? And, here we were, waiting for more performance from the Swift. I am suspecting that the half dead K12 will be killed completely to satisfy the mileage heads even more. I don't see any reason to get the new Swift other than for the bright red colour.

PS The alloys don't look all that bad up close in the last pic. But from distance, they look like caps. The current alloys are way better looking.
I wonder if the showrooms allow the customers to swap the alloys with older models if the customer requests.

Last edited by theredliner : 18th October 2014 at 12:15.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 12:09   #236
Senior - BHPian

We as enthusiasts demand a lot of things from our cars which the average India car buyer does not ttach too much importance to.

This is something that MSIL and Hyundai unerstand rather well and give the customer what he wants. The sales figures mirrorthat. For all the support Fiat and VW get from enthusiasts on the forum these companies just don't seem to be able to get the cars off the showroom floors.
Old 18th October 2014, 13:41   #237
RSR
Senior - BHPian

It looks like even the Z_i variants with alloy wheels will not get LED DRLs, as silver painted plastic claddings take their place around the fog lamps:

2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-image.jpg

It's a pity that such a cool and useful feature (a pair of factory fitted LED DRLs) is not going to be found on mainstream hatchbacks anymore.

Last edited by RSR : 18th October 2014 at 13:43.
Old 19th October 2014, 00:46   #238
BANNED

Some of my friends at Maruti suppliers say that Swift will come in new variants as well apart from present form albeit maybe after launch. And supposedly these cars would have some un-Maruti like tech for even better mileage in real world conditions. Details, even he didnt know.
Old 19th October 2014, 01:18   #239
BHPian

Alloy wheels of New Swift are not so striking as are of current one, instead best among Swift-Dzire duo.
Don't know what the alloy wheel designer of both these cars is having in mind & one thing i'm sure about is that neither of them can match the dynamism & theme of Swift brand.
Its around 2 & a half years with my New Dzire ZDi, i'm still unable to find what the theme its alloy reflects except an abstract art. Will be very thankful if anyone can explain it for me.

Ertiga & Ciaz alloys are good looking though.

Coming to the other points, As can be seen in the demo car, i can see a request sensor on driver side door handle, so Pust Start Stop button with keyless entry is for sure on Z spec variants.
Bluetooth telephony is added in Z spec, a long pending albeit welcome addition. Another one i expected was dual tone color co-ordinated interiors(probably Black-Grey or Light Grey-Blue like Ritz or Black-light grey inserts) but to break the black monotomy in Swift cabin & add some zing but it seems MSIL skipped on this till next facelift or next gen.
Regarding DRLs, i'm happy that MSIL skipped it, obviously due to cost & some sensible reasons, like why to introduce something invaluable & non-stated by law, sometimes which can be distracting for oncoming traffic.
Better Maruti skipped it & it would better, if any law governs this feature either to mandate or avoid it.

Last but not the least, The Safety aspect -Maruti cars score badly on Safety scales, Swift included. If not the tough bodyshell then atleast passive safety features like Airbags & ABS should be provided at multiple variant levels than to treat it as luxury or special feature for top-end variants only. Expecting atleast Driver side airbag & ABS brakes across the range, if not the latter than across the V & Z spec variant atleast or we might see a new addition V+ variant in Maruti's hatchback nomenclature, like in sedan segment.
Old 19th October 2014, 01:32   #240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Alloy wheels of New Swift are not so striking as are of current one, instead best among Swift-Dzire duo.
"Not so striking" - This is an understatement buddy. IMO the new design is the worst I have seen and I am happy to own the older design alloy.

What goes into the minds of these designers is clueless to me. Why in the first place give that 'L' shaped DRL kinda plastic cover on the fog lamp shroud when in it wasn't being provided. It only provokes anger in the minds of customer. Like another piece of plastic to rattle!

I am just not sure what Maruti is thinking this time with the launch of the so called face-lift.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th October 2014 at 01:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks