Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2007, 19:02   #961
BHPian

I have seen the spy picture in the autocar magazine and very sad to notice single head unit for such a wonderful SUV. we see dual headlight even for a palio . I hope TATA's do something on this aspect.
Old 13th September 2007, 10:00   #962
BHPian

Have also checked with Pandit Auto in Pune (13/9) and he can confirm the New Safari leaving for Dealers on the 20th of Sept. and launch set in first week of Oct!
Old 13th September 2007, 10:13   #963
Senior - BHPian

I have to agree with you on this, since most corporate car purchase are also part of the employee package and how many of white collared middle management guys have you seen driving a safari ??? just how many ???, perhaps you can count them on your fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Guys, think the other way around.

What I am trying to say here is that buying decisions by companies may not be a big influencing factor in TATA's marketing strategy and announcement of new Safari, so expect TATA to choose their own time.
Well, the Scorpio 2.2 will definitely be more peppier and comfortable to drive in the cities but unless M&M can come up with something to stablize the scorpio, I hope it doesnt get airborne with 2.2.

There are pros & cons for both, but with the DICOR 2.2 the safari will become more city drivable and it has already proven itself on the highway driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
BTW, isn't scorpio engine way better than safari's DICOR?
At least I felt so.

I don't think DICOR 3.0 engine posed any competition to the current 2.6 liter scorpio engine....so I am afraid Scorpio 2.2 will be way better than DICOR 2.2 and that will be sad as I am not a Mahindra fan at all....
Others are trusting this post, for you I suggest waiting for the formal announcement by TATA.

There is no other way to make believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
What if this dealer guy just simply said something because he made the call and didn't know how to finish the discussion? My dealer hasn't called me up, may be till then i will take this news with a pinch of salt and a bottle of Whiskey to drown the frustration.

Till then...
With this price hike (assuming its across the variants), Safari 2.2 will touch 10L for LX and 13L for VX On-Road, bangalore.

It will need some serious thinking from its buyers, before making the kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Definitely 25/27th September here in Bangalore as per Prerana Motors.

Price hike expected of about 1 lakh without further details.

Wait till the begining of Oct, there will be some price decrease from TATA + additional discount by dealer, it'll be a win-win situation for new buyers of 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Current 3.0 NOT being heavily discounted here at least with a maximum of about 40k.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th September 2007 at 11:46. Reason: back-to-back post within 10 minutes
Old 13th September 2007, 10:34   #964
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, isn't scorpio engine way better than safari's DICOR?
At least I felt so.

I don't think DICOR 3.0 engine posed any competition to the current 2.6 liter scorpio engine....so I am afraid Scorpio 2.2 will be way better than DICOR 2.2 and that will be sad as I am not a Mahindra fan at all....
Sorry if I gave you the impression that I was comparing existing engines of these two vehicles.

I was talking about the new oncoming engines from both companies. Agreed that currently Scorpio engine is better than Safari's but Safari's comfort and ride are better than Scorpio's. So if TATA come out with a better engine or at least cater to the customer feedback there will be good fight between these two, provided Mahindra improves their seating and ride quality.
Old 13th September 2007, 11:16   #965
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
With this price hike (assuming its across the variants), Safari 2.2 will touch 10L for LX and 13L for VX On-Road, bangalore.

It will need some serious thinking from its buyers, before making the kill.

Wait till the begining of Oct, there will be some price decrease from TATA + additional discount by dealer, it'll be a win-win situation for new buyers of 3.0

Got a call this morning from the dealer here in Kolkata, I was dilly-dallying on the 3 or 2.2 [ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...dicor-now.html ]

The 2.2 he will be getting around 20th and he will let me know about the price structure within 3-4 days.

As anticipated there are offering the 3.0 at almost the ex-factory price; one does save quite a lot of money - everything depends now on the price point of 2.2.
Old 13th September 2007, 18:35   #966
BHPian

Checked it from 'Joshi Autos' Chandigarh. To be launched around 25- 27th of this month - confirmed.

But was informed that 2.2L is being launched only in EX & VX Models - which implies that min cost shall be 9.5+ Lacs.
LX will still be 3L model.

Quite saddening - for all those who were expecting 2.2L LX < 8 Lacs.

What say??
Old 14th September 2007, 10:29   #967
Senior - BHPian

Did you get the pricing from the dealer or were you just 'implying' aka speculating ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishlesh View Post
Checked it from 'Joshi Autos' Chandigarh. To be launched around 25- 27th of this month - confirmed.

But was informed that 2.2L is being launched only in EX & VX Models - which implies that min cost shall be 9.5+ Lacs.

What say??
Old 14th September 2007, 11:45   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishlesh View Post

What say??
So with increased pricing and no information about performance of new engine, I think its better to wait and watch for some more time. This way we will get dealer discounts and also know how the engine is doing.

Are there any other modifications on interiors as well as exteriors?
Old 14th September 2007, 12:43   #969
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the information that its going to be launched end-sep, nothing else can be confirmed.

So lets keep the speculation out for now (enough has been done already) and lets wait for the formal launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
So with increased pricing and no information about performance of new engine, I think its better to wait and watch for some more time. This way we will get dealer discounts and also know how the engine is doing.

Are there any other modifications on interiors as well as exteriors?
Old 14th September 2007, 13:20   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Why keep speculation out?
This thread is all about speculation

In fact if Ratan Tata reads this thread his heart will be overwhelmed and he will be all tears....
Old 14th September 2007, 13:58   #971
Senior - BHPian

This thread was about speculation but is now slowly crawling towards reality, we got the tech specs of engine, we got the dates and perhaps we will get the pricing and variants before the actual launch, as some members have posted here.

Quote:
Why keep speculation out?
This thread is all about speculation
He ought too, he made so many members here cry everyday for months together, waiting for the launch

Quote:
In fact if Ratan Tata reads this thread his heart will be overwhelmed and he will be all tears....
Old 14th September 2007, 16:36   #972
BHPian

Hi all
Like for Maruti launches, has anybody been able to identify the new website for new 2.2 dicor or some links to the "beta" version of the website
All you IT geeks, pls think in this direction also..
thanks in advance and i know we will have answers for that very soon
shiv
Old 15th September 2007, 21:53   #973
Senior - BHPian

This is a 2.2L thread to discuss about the 2.2 and not to discuss at what RPM the Safari or the Scorpio does 100 or so. Please continue discussion in the Safari vs Scoprio vs Innova thread here

I hope Tata adds Climate Control and ABS optional on all models.
Old 16th September 2007, 08:07   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Me too! Also would like to see better rear Air-Con vents and overall plastic quality. Either way though the Beast will soon be Mine!!! (Insert Evil laughter Here Please!)
Old 16th September 2007, 09:33   #975
Senior - BHPian

Naaa, not on all models but as an option pack or in the highest variant, since it will increase the price by a good amount and take safari beyond many's reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks