Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 20:39   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS: Tata begins testing Nano Twist Active AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Was this car an AMT? My guess is with super pickup and a silent engine this could be the bigger 800cc engine version.
No it wasnt AMT. But must be with bigger engine because tyres were R13. And not sure about the external vent is dor electeical charger or something else. Though the sticker on the windshield saying TESTING : ELECTRICAL
Old 18th March 2015, 08:07   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
No it wasnt AMT. But must be with bigger engine because tyres were R13. And not sure about the external vent is dor electeical charger or something else. Though the sticker on the windshield saying TESTING : ELECTRICAL
Bigger wheels sounds interesting! I guess they the team associated with the electrical components of the car were testing it, Hence "TESTING : ELECTRICAL". I don't see them launching an electric version anytime now with the cost factor never helping them.

The new version looks pretty good, though a lil too complicated for such a simple design. Hope they launch it asap and not after a decade
Old 18th March 2015, 08:15   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
We booked a twist xt today in exchange for my 2010Lx.
That is an interesting decision (one that crossed my mind too!)

Could you please share the kms your 2010LX had done and the final details of the deal you got?
Old 18th March 2015, 09:34   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
The wheel rims still have only 3 nuts. A more powerful engine would have required 4 nuts as in Nano Europa seen here:

http://indianautosblog.com/wp-conten...ano_europa.jpg
Old 19th March 2015, 08:10   #125
Senior - BHPian

Nano is a perfectly executed and sound concept, killed before launch by the irresponsible and unnecessary emotional comments by Mr Tata. Who asked him to open his mouth and quote out a ridiculous one lakh price before the media? and why that sob story about him watching a family on a scooter in pouring rain?
Had these comments and targets not been preconceived, we would not have so many common people think that their so called 'status' gets eroded being seen in a Nano and they would rather ride their 100 cc mopeds or scooters instead. I remember how in this very forum people were making sarcastic comments before launch, on how the car would be made of plastic or how sheets and poles would form the structure or how the poor would crowd the streets and they couldn't drive their expensive cars anymore!!

Today I believe Tata is on the right track in upgrading the Nano to a perfect city car, the kind of car I would keep as my second or third car, to be used to commute in our polluted and crowded cities, without worrying about parking space or traffic, with the ease of an AMT and strong air-conditioning. And Tata should increase prices accordingly and people will pay, and by word of mouth the sales would increase from the current low levels. Today most of the people (including me) don't want to buy a Nano because its too basic, even if it costs only 2 lakhs. Add all the modern conveniences and price it even at 3-4 lakhs and people will be more interested. As for the reliability believe me its very reliable, I was fortunate enough to drive the Nano (without the power steering) for a week, and it was perfect for Mumbai, not bothering about traffic, parking etc.
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 21:11   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Nano is a perfectly executed and sound concept, killed before launch by the irresponsible and unnecessary emotional comments by Mr Tata. Who asked him to open his mouth and quote out a ridiculous one lakh price before the media? and why that sob story about him watching a family on a scooter in pouring rain?
You are absolutely wrong.
Ratan Tata never mentioned in his interview about the "1 Lakh" pricing. It was the media that derived the "1 Lakh" price point and in an press meet later, he clarified that and took that up as challenge which he stuck onto at the beginning. If I am right, both the videos were available in this very forum. We may get it from a "TATA" threads.
With all these, Nano is still a safer/better car as compared to other small cars that are very successful in market, primarily because of "How much it gives ?"

Its just the people's perception that didnt make the Nano a success.
Of course, TATA had to sort out the niggling issue which they did and its definitely a successful machine now.

You/We need to take feedback from Tata car owners instead of taking words from people who only make unnecessary comments that they think they heard someone commenting in their office, heard about a TATA car !

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th March 2015 at 05:18. Reason: excluded an unwarranted word..Bashing!
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 21:36   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

With an AT to boot, this looks proper interesting now. I only wish they would have moved the center console over to the drivers side as well. Anyway that's a minor thing, eagerly waiting for it to hit the streets now.
Old 19th March 2015, 23:02   #128
Sac
BHPian

I wonder if it will be to the cars what Honda Activa is to the two wheelers, if you get what I mean.
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:00   #129
BHPian

Hate to pour cold water on the enthusiasm of people here but I have some news which will tell you that Tata still does not know which way to go with the Nano in the near future. They are apparently testing various formulae to see which one will be the best. The white Nano with the girls in it has been deliberately been done to gauge reactions of people. The source of my information is a big shot in the TATA group (not in TML) but has access to information and has given information on the condition that I will not reveal much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
We booked a twist xt today in exchange for my 2010Lx.
The SA said that the AMT will be available about 6 months from now. The approximate cost would be about 3.5 lakhs.
I have no contact in the company to verify this information-just quoting what the SA said.
The information is the AMT model is not coming anytime before January, 2016. May take a few more months, all depending on Magnati Marelli who are apparently flooded with orders from Maruti for their Celerio and Alto (and possibly Wagon R in the near term). Tata is not priority right now for Maganati Marelli and therefore will take time. How soon the Nano can come will depend on how soon and to what level Magnati Marelli can increase their capacity to produce the AMT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Had these comments and targets not been preconceived, we would not have so many common people think that their so called 'status' gets eroded being seen in a Nano and they would rather ride their 100 cc mopeds or scooters instead. I remember how in this very forum people were making sarcastic comments before launch, on how the car would be made of plastic or how sheets and poles would form the structure or how the poor would crowd the streets and they couldn't drive their expensive cars anymore!!

Today I believe Tata is on the right track in upgrading the Nano to a perfect city car, the kind of car I would keep as my second or third car, to be used to commute in our polluted and crowded cities, without worrying about parking space or traffic, with the ease of an AMT and strong air-conditioning. And Tata should increase prices accordingly and people will pay, and by word of mouth the sales would increase from the current low levels. Today most of the people (including me) don't want to buy a Nano because its too basic, even if it costs only 2 lakhs. Add all the modern conveniences and price it even at 3-4 lakhs and people will be more interested. As for the reliability believe me its very reliable, I was fortunate enough to drive the Nano (without the power steering) for a week, and it was perfect for Mumbai, not bothering about traffic, parking etc.
Agree with you completely. The Nano is a perfect car except for a few quality niggles which can be fixed by attention to the production process. I have one from 2010, runs like a dream and does not present problems of maintenance since the car has 10K service intervals and spares are inexpensive (not that you will need them unless you have crashed), good mileage of over 17 kpl with AC on full blast in congested traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
You are absolutely wrong.
Ratan Tata never mentioned in his interview about the "1 Lakh" pricing. It was the media that derived the "1 Lakh" price point and in an press meet later, he clarified that and took that up as challenge which he stuck onto at the beginning. If I am right, both the videos were available in this very forum. We may get it from a "TATA" threads.
With all these, Nano is still a safer/better car as compared to other small cars that are very successful in market, primarily because of "How much it gives ?"

Its just the people's perception that didnt make the Nano a success.
Of course, TATA had to sort out the niggling issue which they did and its definitely a successful machine now.

You/We need to take feedback from Tata car owners instead of taking words from people who only make unnecessary comments that they think they heard someone commenting in their office, heard about a TATA car !
I suppose you I qualify to give feedback since I have owned the Nano and a Vista simultaneously for more than 5 years now. Ratan Tata did put his foot in the mouth with the 1 lakh thing. At the launch of the Nano at the Auto Expo he mentioned the figure and his story of a family of 4 on a motorcycle on a rainy day. Later he clarified that the 1 lakh thing was a target to build a good car at a very earthy price. But then he ruined it all by saying that they were "keeping their word" about selling the Nano at an ex showroom price of 1 lakh when the first non AC cars rolled out of Sanand. It didn't help that the travails of the engineers in trying to keep with the brief given to them were openly discussed in public. A car with no doors, half doors, no AC all these were leaked to the press and when they did narrow down on the Nano as a proper car built to a decent price, these stories instead of positively reinforcing people's ideas about the car did exactly the opposite. Guess Mr. Tata (for whom I have great respect) did contribute to the confusion around the Nano. The hype worked for the original Indica but it didn't for the Nano.

I have a suspicion that Tata are again doing their thinking in public. What size wheels, tyre profiles, cubic capacity of the engine, electric or air, petrol or diesel; too much buzz around the Nano that has started confusing the people. All the advertising buzz to reposition the car has only added to the confusion without giving clarity. The dealers (I keep saying this in every post) should all be sacked and Tata should get new ones who believe in Tata and will make an effort to sell. My take on this is Tata should stay as quiet as a grave and bring out a proper inexpensive car without any brouhaha and it will sell. If Nano goes to Rs. 3.5 lakh, then I see no redemption for the car.
sadsack is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 14:27   #130
Team-BHP Support

Here are some more images of the upcoming Tata Nano Twist XTA.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

PICS: Tata begins testing Nano Twist Active AMT-nano1.jpg

PICS: Tata begins testing Nano Twist Active AMT-nano2.jpg

Source: Rush Lane
Aditya is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 14:36   #131
Senior - BHPian

This looks nice in this shade of red. I wish the person who clicked the car could have clicked some more side and rear profile pictures.

Anyhow, I am thankful to him.
Old 24th March 2015, 15:23   #132
BHPian

The modified front bumper does not do justice to the car. Somehow, it makes the Nano look more downmarket than it is. One good thing would be that the AC components will receive a bit more protection because of the plastic mesh that comes with the bumper.
The original Nano is still an attractive car. I wonder what made the company spoil the styling through such cheap looking mods.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 16:36   #133
BHPian

Is it just me or does it freakishly look similar to the Maruti Zen Estilo atleast from the front view. Would be interesting to see the premium being charged by Tata on the AMT and if the AMT Nano will still cost less than the price of Alto / Eon mid versions.
Old 24th March 2015, 17:51   #134
BHPian

I can't help but wonder why no one at TATA wants to fix the "at rest" position of the wiper blade. How much engineering effort would it require to position it correctly and out of the driver's view?
Old 28th March 2015, 11:49   #135
Team-BHP Support

Tata Motors is believed to readying the Nano Twist facelift for launch. The refreshed Nano Twist is rumoured to be called "Active".

Link to Team-BHP News Article

PICS: Tata begins testing Nano Twist Active AMT-nano.jpg

Source: Gaadi
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks