Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2015, 11:05   #796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
And finally I am taking delivery of my Black Fiesta on a day that Tbhp news articles reads, FORD discontinues the production of the Fiesta

Boys will be always Boys. Ford Fans will be always Ford Fans
Congratulations. Welcome to our small group of this "limited" car. I am not even telling my parents that Fiesta's production has stopped while mine was delivered just 2 months back!
Please start writing a review as you will start forgetting the buying experience and details.
itsashishsharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 17:38   #797
BHPian

Just to prove the fact that indeed I bought a fiesta
The car is all over me from build to drive to gizmos. I will try to post and put out pictures ASAP
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1441281938084.jpg  

Self Driven is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 21:10   #798
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
The car is all over me from build to drive to gizmos. I will try to post and put out pictures ASAP
Heartiest congratulations Self Driven! Welcome to the club

Needless to say, the fun quotient is phenomenally high and you will never regret the decision of buying it!

We need more pictures of the black! Looks absolutely smashing!!!

Have loads of fun and drive safe!
Porschefire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 21:22   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations buddy, she looks hot in that black shade. Have tons of fun with it and we want an ownership review of this car from you with loads of pics. Your car is one of the last to roll of the assembly line, have fun driving this ultimate car

As promised, my car has completed over 15,000 kms and my ownership thread is in the assembly line section, should be out in 2 days
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 22:05   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats again, saved that photo, need more for my phone's wallpaper.
Can you please post the on road price and manufacturing date with VIN?
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 04:57   #801
Senior - BHPian

An amazing car that just didn't work in India. The car will always hold a special place in my heart:

Pros:
1. Amazing build quality, doors close with a thud and tank like build
2. Absolutely fun to drive, best ride and handling south of 20 lakhs
3. Very tractible engine, very good NVH, very low noise, and buttery smooth, no rattles or diesel clatter
4. Goodlooking front of the car
5. Amazing sound quality for stock music system
6. Slick gearbox

But unfortunately a few too many cons:

1. Car is cramped for space. Even when compared to Figo the rear just doesn't have the space as it was designed for Europe and not like a made for India sedan with increased wheel base
2. Poor fit and finish or plastic, too much gray and hard plastics
3. A segment too small in size compared to its competitors
4. Poor sales and terrible resale

I drove the aspire couple of weeks back thinking it would be more powerful and put a smile on my face. But it wasn't a Fiesta. The solid build of Fiesta was missing, the thud of the door was missing. The car felt built to price. I didnt find it too powerful.

Maybe I now drive a more powerful car so maybe I felt the car underpowered in comparison to what I drive. Driving a Fiesta convinced me to cancel my Vento booking 3 years ago, but driving a Figo Aspire left me wanting for a whole lot more....

Well I will always miss Fiesta, Its that kind of car!
aseem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 10:22   #802
BHPian

Very well put Aseem. I am eagerly waiting for my car to be delivered around next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Absolutely fantastic handling. However, I will say south of 15 lakh. The only contender here till 20 IMHO is Jetta. Multilink does the trick there. It handles as good if not better and rides like its its on a velvet carpet.

Quote:
Its not that bad in the segment. But I agree, still needs improvements.

Quote:

I drove the aspire couple of weeks back thinking it would be more powerful and put a smile on my face. But it wasn't a Fiesta. The solid build of Fiesta was missing, the thud of the door was missing. The car felt built to price. I didnt find it too powerful.
For a minute, I thought I was echoing my own TD experience. This is exactly my observation as well.

Quote:
Maybe I now drive a more powerful car so maybe I felt the car underpowered in comparison to what I drive.
100% agree. It feels sufficient for a sedate driver who hovers around 80/100 mark on the speedo. Top end is lackluster. Ford should have considered that 16 Valve TDCi engine to india.

Once I get the car, I will get it remapped. But, I have my own doubts on how much we can extract from the engine. Remap on a 16 valve VGT would be a world of difference as it is more remap friendly. If I had an option for an ecoboost, I would have bought that right away.

I think, the major issue with Ford is that the SAs are not very keen to push fiesta. During my visits to showroom, they were hell bent to sell Ecosports or Aspire, even when I clearly told them I need a fiesta.
Old 4th September 2015, 11:12   #803
BHPian

Quote:
1. Car is cramped for space. Even when compared to Figo the rear just doesn't have the space as it was designed for Europe and not like a made for India sedan with increased wheel base
I didn't get a chance to check out the Fiesta and it was not available in the showroom when i went to visit after Aspire was launched. I have heard a lot of complaints about its rear seat space, but the official team-bhp review mentioned that it is on par with the likes of Vento and Verna. So I feel a bit confused about how much space it actually had.

Quote:
Maybe I now drive a more powerful car so maybe I felt the car underpowered in comparison to what I drive.
This is surprising. Aspire won't have the handling of a Fiesta but doesn't the Aspire have more power than the Fiesta? Or are you comparing to some other car.
Old 4th September 2015, 12:39   #804
BHPian

Quote:
An amazing car that just didn't work in India. The car will always hold a special place in my heart:

Pros:
1. Amazing build quality, doors close with a thud and tank like build
3. Very tractible engine, very good NVH, very low noise, and buttery smooth, no rattles or diesel clatter
4. Goodlooking front of the car
5. Amazing sound quality for stock music system
6. Slick gearbox

But unfortunately a few too many cons:

Not really, the space is good enough. Plus the backseat is so comfortable with nice underthigh support and well inclined backrest, the rear is a nice place to be in while front is the best among the segment.

Quote:
Are you kidding? Plastics are better than City and in league of Vento. Feel the dashboard of City with your fingers to know what is hard plastics.

Quote:
Fiesta is a wide car. Wider than Vento/Rapid. Yes, its lesser in length which is actually good in city parking

Quote:
Whole-heartedly agree here. While resale won't matter much to me, looks like Ford didn't even want the Fiesta to sell. I haven't seen such a marketing blunder ever.
itsashishsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 14:53   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Congrats again, saved that photo, need more for my phone's wallpaper.
Can you please post the on road price and manufacturing date with VIN?
On Road - 12,36,975(Insurance with lease Co.)

VIN - MAJHXXMRKHFD15784, March 2015 Manufactured

Before delivery
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-delivery.jpg

Scuff plate at night
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-scuff-plate.jpg

Please allow me to get some good quality pictures with my DSLR, till such time this is what i have.
Self Driven is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 15:17   #806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Not really, the space is good enough. Plus the backseat is so comfortable with nice underthigh support and well inclined backrest, the rear is a nice place to be in while front is the best among the segment.

Are you kidding? Plastics are better than City and in league of Vento. Feel the dashboard of City with your fingers to know what is hard plastics.

Whole-heartedly agree here. While resale won't matter much to me, looks like Ford didn't even want the Fiesta to sell. I haven't seen such a marketing blunder ever.
Honestly, as much as I love Ford vehicles, and the Fiesta in particular - I have to say I agree with the OP here.
The Fiesta doesn't have as premium interiors as its competitors (dark colors, look at the rear armrest and doors!), though it is well put together - just not a patch on the Verna which was its main rival at that point.

That coupled with poor advertising (Ford wasn't able to convey its USP. If they could pull of a 'touch and try' event as Toyota did with the Qualis launch - things would definitely be different IMO), ugly rear, and lack of awareness just killed the product.
If only Ford could have highlighted the tractable motor, superb dynamics, high levels of refinement, solid build quality, etc. - the car might still be available in the market!
Old 4th September 2015, 15:18   #807
BHPian

Quote:
On Road - 12,36,975(Insurance with lease Co.)

VIN - MAJHXXMRKHFD15784, March 2015 Manufactured
The proof is in the pudding!!! A March 2015 manufactured model. So much for the claims of many dealers that production of Fiesta (not talking about the recent ET news article) had ceased and hence cannot be ordered. They would try to steer people towards the Ecosport giving this line.

I will be taking delivery of my wife's car in October. So will be joining the new Ford Fiesta tribe soon.
PratikPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 18:34   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
I will be taking delivery of my wife's car in October. So will be joining the new Ford Fiesta tribe soon.
Welcome to the Elite club of drivers who crunch miles with smiles. Driving Nirvana AHEAD.

Since not much colours are in stock, you ordered a white TITANIUM?
Old 4th September 2015, 20:17   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Absolutely fantastic handling. However, I will say south of 15 lakh. The only contender here till 20 IMHO is Jetta. Multilink does the trick there. It handles as good if not better and rides like its its on a velvet carpet.
Having lived with a Jetta for 3 years & the fiesta 1.4TDCi for close to 9 years (& having driven the new fiesta a few times), the fiesta trumps it in steering feedback. The steering though direct has no feedback in the Jetta. But its handling and ride is phenomenal. But the fiesta would get my vote for the most entertaining drive.
shivasuma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 23:28   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Honestly, as much as I love Ford vehicles, and the Fiesta in particular - I have to say I agree with the OP here.
The Fiesta doesn't have as premium interiors as its competitors (dark colors, look at the rear armrest and doors!), though it is well put together - just not a patch on the Verna which was its main rival at that point.

That coupled with poor advertising (Ford wasn't able to convey its USP. If they could pull of a 'touch and try' event as Toyota did with the Qualis launch - things would definitely be different IMO), ugly rear, and lack of awareness just killed the product.
If only Ford could have highlighted the tractable motor, superb dynamics, high levels of refinement, solid build quality, etc. - the car might still be available in the market!
Perhaps a voting on this forum will observe 50:50 divide on the issue of rear space.

My own humble take is that if one strictly uses a measuring tape, Fiesta in all probability would be at par with Vento/Rapid, and quite close to Linea & Verna. City definitely has larger cabin whereas Sunny & Manza are kings of the cabin space.

Having said that, perhaps what matters more is the ride comfort. A chassis that does not transfer too much of road irregularities to cabin, prevents rolling while cornering and disallows 'bouncing' of rear on undulations (I bet); is a big plus for the rear passenger and hugely compensate for one or couple of inches short knee room. Same way, its effective AC cools the cabin much faster that some other cars despite their having rear vents.

Plastic quality and overall finishing is subjective and agree that Fiesta is not on the top of the stack on these parameters. But certainly does figure somewhere in the middle.

I cannot help wondering if features/finishes/space/plushness combination actually should rank higher than engine/chassis/steering/built-quality combination in a car. If the (perceived) lack of first one can kill a product altogether despite its being excellent on the second and priced well too, well the market participants actually need to look within.
rsm97 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks